Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Lipo Low Cell Voltage >

Lipo Low Cell Voltage

Lipo Low Cell Voltage

Old 05-13-2013, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vorza Flux
I think I buy another one because my battery as I loaded mode Nimh came to 20.23 V (the battery was not hot and even swells) but when I go back I can not select mode Lipo 6S but only 5S but cell of 1.70 V instead of charging voltage goes down, while the other healthy cells are charged well. My lipo Turnigy has never overheated and never inflated, it has always worked well, however, after 7 months of inactivity this has happened to me. I want you to understand, however, that this battery does not use a long time, and then one of these cells is discharged alone.
That is still in safe voltages with other cells. The problem is that you are likely charging all cells on nimh mode, which you shouldn't be doing. To attempt to bring back the low cell, you need to single it out and charge it on nimh alone. That is done by finding the power wire for the low cell on the balance connector. For the negative, you can use the main battery negative. In all honesty, to attempt this without risk, it is best to know what you are doing. If you short the battery while messing with these connections, you could end up with a fire.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by meno1103
That is still in safe voltages with other cells. The problem is that you are likely charging all cells on nimh mode, which you shouldn't be doing. To attempt to bring back the low cell, you need to single it out and charge it on nimh alone. That is done by finding the power wire for the low cell on the balance connector. For the negative, you can use the main battery negative. In all honesty, to attempt this without risk, it is best to know what you are doing. If you short the battery while messing with these connections, you could end up with a fire.
Yes I know...
Old 05-13-2013, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by meno1103
Can't use the main battery negative wire for any cell. That will only work for the one cell already connected to the negative wire. Might need to use 2 wires from the balance connector, depending on which cell is the low one. (I didn't notice the cell being identified as the most negative one, if it was my bad)
Old 05-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Guys! I charged on NiMH mode until 20,46 V and I revived 1 cell, now I need to revive last cell that has 0.10 V xD