TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD >

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Old 04-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)
Default TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

TLR has now released the highly anticipated 8ight E 3.0. The details are as follows. Feel free to visit TLR's website posted below for more info.

TLR WEBPAGE LINK

1. 4mm, hard-anodized aluminum chassis designed for electric power
2. Hard-anodized aluminum motor mount
3. Performance battery mounting system with secure straps
4. Updated radio tray design with two different configurations
5. Motor wire stay for cleaner, safer installation
6. Ball bearing steering Ackerman plate
7. Adjustable front and rear aluminum pivots with inserts
8. Front and rear center dogbones
9. Heavy duty dogbones and outdrives
10. Race performance wickerbill system
11. Improved droop screw system
12. Heavy duty rear outer hinge pins
13. Reinforced aluminum bearing insert system
14. Multiple tuning sway bars included
15. Two sets (yellow and white) of TLR dome-style racing wheels included

The 8IGHT-E™ platform has put many a driver on the podium and the 8IGHT-E 3.0 is no different. As the 2013 ROAR National Champion it is easy to see why the 8IGHT-E™ 3.0 buggy is engineered to continue the winning tradition and make you a part of it. Its lightweight, aluminum chassis has been specifically designed for electric power with a motor and battery layout that lowers the center of gravity. This makes it easier to drive fast, corner hard and lower lap times – all of which makes life much harder for your competition.

Features
Aluminum Chassis Optimized for Electric Power

The lightweight, 4mm 7075-T6 Aluminum chassis has been hard anodized for maximum durability. Its layout has been specifically engineered for electric power with motor and battery placement that lowers the center of gravity and makes it easier to drive fast.
Aluminum Chassis Optimized for Electric Power
Updated Suspension Geometry

Revised front spindles and spindle carriers reduce dogbone plunge into the outdrive and deliver more consistent handling on all track surfaces. The spindle carriers have 15 degrees of caster for better bump handling and smoother steering response. Front and rear shock towers have simplified camber locations for quick and easy tuning.
Updated Suspension Geometry
Large-Bore 16mm Shocks with Tapered Springs

The large volume shocks are easier to tune and feature tapered springs that provide greater clearance while reducing the chance of spring cup ejection during extreme impacts. Machined pistons are included for greater precision and increased performance.
Large-Bore 16mm Shocks with Tapered Springs
Adjustable Front and Rear Aluminum Pivots with Inserts

These aluminum pivots come with inserts that let you make adjustments in 1.2 degree increments to front kick, rear toe-in and anti-squat settings.
Adjustable Front and Rear Aluminum Pivots with Inserts
Front and Rear Center Dogbones

The use of front and rear center dog bones eliminate the friction of a CV coupler. The front center dog bone will significantly reduce the binding that would occur as a front center CV coupler wore out.
Front and Rear Center Dogbones
5mm Turnbuckles

The added durability of 5mm turnbuckles is great for any track, particularly high speed European circuits.
5mm Turnbuckles
Updated Body and Wing Design

The body and wing have been reshaped to deliver even more downforce when cornering fast and flying down the straights.
Updated Body and Wing Design
Two Sets of TLR Wheels

The kit includes two sets of wheels (one yellow, one white) that have been specially designed for the 8IGHT-E 3.0 buggy. Tires and inserts are sold separately.
Two Sets of TLR Wheels
Titanium Carbo Nitride (TiCN) Coated Shock Shafts and Hinge Pins

This special coating substantially reduces shock shaft and hinge pin wear while adding a little extra smoothness to the suspension package at the same time.
Titanium Shock Shafts and Hinge Pins with Carbonitride Coating
Updated Droop Screw System

The large, button head droop screw has enough surface area to rest against the chassis without galling it.
Updated Droop Screw System
Updated Mud Guards and Servo Mount

The mud guards have been updated to fit the symmetrical chassis design. The servo mount has also been firmed up for better steering.

Last edited by -WHEELMAN-; 07-16-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default MY THOUGHTS OF THE 3.0

It has been a couple years since I ran the 2.0 but I can tell you this thing goes through the bumps amazingly!! It has more steering but it is controllable steering. Off power it can turn under most and on power the rear end is controlled very well with throttle input it is amazing. The most consistent neutral feeling buggy I have driven!!

Last edited by -WHEELMAN-; 04-15-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Reserved....
Old 04-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That's one nice looking 1/8e. Love the paint job too.

Last edited by OMG23RC; 04-16-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Most of us with the 2.0 have all the hop ups. Would the new shocks be the only performance benefit? How about the chassis, Longer/shorter? If so then I will wait on a more targeted to electric production kit. But I have to have some of those shocks in the meanwhile......

I'm hoping TLR is working on some thing special for an electric kit that is better of a design for electric. Mainly closer to the new SCT truck.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I would expect the 3.0 e-buggy to have a chassis similar to the scte 2.0 with a modified layout as well. Ie diff back and f/r shafts swapped. I would be very surprised if it were released with a 1.0 conversion kit, if that were the case it would be on the market now.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Nice pics
Old 04-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Car looks sweet Brett! I've been thinking of a change myself...? Congrats on the new ride!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Questions?? WOW

Please what body is that and How do you Like it so far compared to the 2.0?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Most of us with the 2.0 have all the hop ups. Would the new shocks be the only performance benefit? How about the chassis, Longer/shorter? If so then I will wait on a more targeted to electric production kit. But I have to have some of those shocks in the meanwhile......
I would say the suspension geometry (towers, shocks) would be the most important if you were converting. I would also recommend going to the dog bones in the center drive line.
I'm hoping TLR is working on some thing special for an electric kit that is better of a design for electric. Mainly closer to the new SCT truck.
I hope it will be something along the lines of the 2.0 sct.
Originally Posted by 8ight-e
I would expect the 3.0 e-buggy to have a chassis similar to the scte 2.0 with a modified layout as well. Ie diff back and f/r shafts swapped. I would be very surprised if it were released with a 1.0 conversion kit, if that were the case it would be on the market now.
Lets hope so! Ill let you guy know if I hear of or see Adam testing anything!
Originally Posted by BLbound
Car looks sweet Brett! I've been thinking of a change myself...? Congrats on the new ride!
Thanks bud!! It only made sense to me. AE was struggling in the 1/8 market and I was really looking for change in scenery.
Originally Posted by XXXDad
Please what body is that and How do you Like it so far compared to the 2.0?
It is the new just released Proline 8ight E body and I love it! It has been a couple years since I ran the 2.0 but I can tell you this thing goes through the bumps amazingly!! It has more steering but it is controllable steering. Off power it can turn under most and on power the rear end is controlled very well with throttle input it is amazing. The most consistent neutral feeling buggy I have driven!!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (98%+)

Is that out of the box electric conversion or did you mod it? Car looks real nice
Old 04-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

That car looks amazing Brett,congrats on the new ride
Old 04-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58
Is that out of the box electric conversion or did you mod it? Car looks real nice
No mods needed bolts right up! I appreciate it!!
Originally Posted by mxracer458
That car looks amazing Brett,congrats on the new ride
Thanks bud works great to!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

I'm jealous. UPS guy isn't scheduled to bring mine till Wednesday. Hoping to have it together for the weekend.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Okay a couple of Q's, I am about to order a set of 16mm shocks. Will I have to get springs? And can you tell me what you have on your sweet ride. I see they only offer a couple of options but I would like to use the 15mm springs if they will fit?????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.