Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Confused by Rc8, rc8.2, rcb3 - what are the differences? >

Confused by Rc8, rc8.2, rcb3 - what are the differences?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By MX304

Confused by Rc8, rc8.2, rcb3 - what are the differences?

Old 08-31-2021, 05:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Confused by Rc8, rc8.2, rcb3 - what are the differences?

Ive seen TA electric buggy's listed as rc8's, rc8e, rc8.2, rc8b3, and so on.

Seems the rc8 what just the prefix for the rc8b (buggy) or rc8t (stadium truck). But I'm not positive on that either.

Wondering in chronological order from say 2005+ what they were, and what the differences as far as telling them apart by eye would be. From what I've been able to find the rc8 and rc8.2 differences that I can see from online pictures is the chassis. The rc8 has an all black/plastic chassis from the top view while the rc8.2 has a brown/gold metal chassis from the top. Any confirmation in this?

Last edited by Iwfabrication; 09-01-2021 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

RC8 is from 2008. RC8.2 was released in 2013. They are both c-hub cars. Do not buy either of these version. There are no replacement parts left and none will ever be made again. The RC8B3 is the first revision of the modern platform that was released in 2015. It was followed by the RC8B3.1 then the RC8B3.2. The .1 had updated diffs and and springs. The .2 has an updated radio tray, chassis, a-arm design, and new rear suspension geometry.
gavsta72 and STANDARD like this.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok so seems the rc8b has blue aluminum shock towers and upgraded bigbore aluminum shocks. Sounds like the only difference between the rc8 and rc8b.

So seems I have the rc8b. It did come with some extra parts so that's nice. Looks like the mod1 pinions are available of course and the spur gears are the same up to the current gen.

Did the rc8/rc8b only come in nitro? Just wondering as I know there are conversion kits out there. Sounds like it came in electric as well from what I've read. Also seems the chassis were different, as some have mentioned wanting to convert a nitro to electric so they have the option of converting back.
Old 09-10-2021, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rc8 came as electric too. Like rc8.2e
thats what e stands for.