Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 05:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys, anyone have the part numbers for those shock pistons?.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdreamer
Thanks guys, anyone have the part numbers for those shock pistons?.
Fronts 1.3 mm- TLR243011

Rear splits: TLR243012
Old 12-17-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Guys, appreciate the help
Old 12-18-2015, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey all. Just picked up (3) of the TLR 8ight 3.0 E kits for myself and a couple buddies. Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask, but as I was looking at optional parts I came across a few questions for you (the experts):

1. Is an aluminum version of the rear hub carrier available? Part #?
2. What is a 'smart' front and center diff? I didn't see a rear 'smart' diff available. How does it differ from the stock diffs in the kit?
3. Is the electric clutch a 'must have' for top lap times, or is it a just a driver's aid which serves as a launch control? If you use one, how do you brake?
4. Battery for racing recommendations? Going to be running a Mamba Monster 2 ESC with a 2200kV Neu motor. I currently have two 4S Orion Carbon Pro 6400mAh, 90C batteries--will those work well, weight-wise? Recommend 2S saddle packs?
5. Going to be using a Hitec 8370 steering servo. Overkill?
6. Any additional advice?

Appreciate any help you all can offer and Happy Holidaze.
Can't wait to hit the indoor clay next year!

Last edited by PegLeg; 12-18-2015 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Motor kV corrected
Old 12-25-2015, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

Considering picking this kit up, how close do you guys think they are to an update as they seem to have discontinued and dropped the price? However i do have the 3.0 nitro version that I dont plan on replacing anytime soon- is there enought parts compatability between the nitro and electric that it would be more worthwhile to have both platforms as the same generation?
Old 12-27-2015, 06:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello All,

I need some help. I bought a conversion kit to make our 3.0 nitro into a brushless buggy. Does anybody know witch body will fit after this conversion. The Bitty clear for agama and losi doesn't fit , there is nog enough space by the battery section.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

another quick question, what capacity 4s battery is sufficient for racing, don't want to overdue it on the mAh if I don't have to
Old 12-29-2015, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

I read the car was easier to drive with the spindle from the truggy.
As anyone tried the one from 4.0?
Which one is better?

I bougth a used r8.1.
The wire for 1/8 need to be 10awg or 12 is enough.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fifi
I read the car was easier to drive with the spindle from the truggy.
As anyone tried the one from 4.0?
Which one is better?

I bougth a used r8.1.
The wire for 1/8 need to be 10awg or 12 is enough.
If you want front end to be less aggressive and have a little less steering yes, run truggy caster block. To run 4.0 stuff you will need the new spindles, spacers, and caster blocks I believe.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You will need either a nitro body (without the holes for the engine and gas tank cut out)

Or, a 2.0 ebuggy body. Both of those bodies are wider to fit the e conversion cars.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rjkotzur
another quick question, what capacity 4s battery is sufficient for racing, don't want to overdue it on the mAh if I don't have to
I can make a 10 minute main (on a big outdoor track using lots of wide open throttle) with two 4600MaH shortys. I'd probably look for something at least 5000Mah's though.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi there,

I am rebuilding my kit for the new season and got lots of helpful tips from this site. But I just canīt get these sway bars to move freely. These metal balls are not moving smooth in the the plastic holes. I can pinch them, flex them...whatever I do, it even seems to get worse. Are they supposed to be that stiff?

Happy new years everybody
Old 01-01-2016, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kaputttroniker
Hi there,

I am rebuilding my kit for the new season and got lots of helpful tips from this site. But I just canīt get these sway bars to move freely. These metal balls are not moving smooth in the the plastic holes. I can pinch them, flex them...whatever I do, it even seems to get worse. Are they supposed to be that stiff?

Happy new years everybody
They aren't supposed to be stiff. All that I ever had to do is squeeze them with some pliers a little bit. I suppose it could be possible to work them out of shape enough to render them useless. Try another set of links and squeeze them lightly while the aluminum ball is inside and turned to it proper working location.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Looking for a good shock spring combo

Hi, I am new to rc racing. I am wondering if there are any better shock for losi 8ight 3.0 out there than to one that come with the kit. Please include manufacture, springs, pistons ect. Thanks Truggynut. PS i am running a buggy.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dynamiteracer
They aren't supposed to be stiff. All that I ever had to do is squeeze them with some pliers a little bit. I suppose it could be possible to work them out of shape enough to render them useless. Try another set of links and squeeze them lightly while the aluminum ball is inside and turned to it proper working location.
Thanks for your answer dynamiteracer. I did squeeze them, cut dents in them, drilled a bigger hole...and broke three of them : ) Luckily, I got tons of cheap spareparts ; ) Did I make a mistake by wanting them to move sidewards? Is it possible that they are supposed to turn outwards, so they stick out of the hole and can be turned back inside (canīt describe it any better than that)? At my forth effort, I put them on just the way they came out of the bag. Really stiff. It didnīt seem to influence the rear axle all that much. She shocks still work very well. Or do you think I should go and give it another try.

After hours of fixing, cleaning and changing parts, I had up give up for today because I canīt take the wheel hexes off the driveshafts in the front. The freaking screw on the inside is round (damaged).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.