TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD >

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Old 01-12-2015, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (97%+)
Default mugen hinge pins

anyone have the part# for mugen hinge pins that fit the 3.0? or any other aftermarket pins that are stronger than stock? thanks.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JASON671
anyone have the part# for mugen hinge pins that fit the 3.0? or any other aftermarket pins that are stronger than stock? thanks.
After your question I researched it and saw drivers been using the option below. I'm sold at this point so I'll give them a go.

http://www.amain.com/m2c-racing-tapered-hinge-pins-2/p33932#tab-feedback
Old 01-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by maddog9
You will need to shim the caster. I used a scte steering rack bearing. I put the longer screw through the back and the short screw up front.
Do you know the actual bearing size? Can't find in scte manual. I have a spare pair for the caster blocks from 8T want to try them on the buggy.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default TLR 8ight E 3.0 Binding issue

Don't know if anyone has had this issue but here goes. So I built a 3.0 E Buggy new out of the box. After about 1 race weekend, the front suspension basically stopped working. If you manually push the front end down, it stays down. No rebound whatsoever. I did the Adam Drake pinch on the front ball cups and it seemed to have worked on the day I did it. Now, no rebound again. Any of you guys have this same issue? Should I keep running the car till they break in? Pinch the ball cups again? Lube? Ream them out? I need a solution!!! Racing season starts this week!!! Please help. Thanks guys!!!
Old 01-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

need to isolate the problem, any number of things could be causing the suspension to bind. if you think there may be a problem with the links, i would disconnect those first to make sure everything else was free. if those are bad try pinching again or could use toothpast to buff the balls. if that isn't the problem just keep checking until you find whatever is, could be suspension arms, sway bar binding, shocks, etc.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i just built mine recently...Havent even driven it yet.....but i have an issue as well with lack of rebound in the front. Mine doesnt stay dow.It comes back up, but not as much or as smoothly as it should.
i havent tried to isolate the issue yet.....Just mentioning that i have a similar issue....n im pretty sure ive seen it mentioned by others as well.
Cant recall seeing a fix though.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xyzracer
need to isolate the problem, any number of things could be causing the suspension to bind. if you think there may be a problem with the links, i would disconnect those first to make sure everything else was free. if those are bad try pinching again or could use toothpast to buff the balls. if that isn't the problem just keep checking until you find whatever is, could be suspension arms, sway bar binding, shocks, etc.
Have you reamed the front arms where the hinge pins pass through. If not tightened the droop screw all the way and ream with a 4mm arm reamer. To test first: take shocks off and push arms up in the air. There are suppose to drop immediately front and back arms. If not then you must ream. Hinge pins must be able to pass freely through arms when droop screws are tightened. Also make sure set screws are not overly tightened on sway bars. Start there.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks guys!!! I will try all of these fixes. Really appreciate your feedback!!! I will get back to you guys after I solve the issue.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losialltheway1
Don't know if anyone has had this issue but here goes. So I built a 3.0 E Buggy new out of the box. After about 1 race weekend, the front suspension basically stopped working. If you manually push the front end down, it stays down. No rebound whatsoever. I did the Adam Drake pinch on the front ball cups and it seemed to have worked on the day I did it. Now, no rebound again. Any of you guys have this same issue? Should I keep running the car till they break in? Pinch the ball cups again? Lube? Ream them out? I need a solution!!! Racing season starts this week!!! Please help. Thanks guys!!!
Pinch them until they move freely, all eight of the larger rod ends had to be pinched a couple of times. Check all the hinge pins in the arms also to ensure they all still move free.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I have a quick question for you 3.0 owners out there. Looking at the layout of the chassis it seems very similar to my scte 2.0 as far as the drive train is concerned. Now I have had to upgrade to the king headz double bearing center diff mounts in order to stop the truck from prematurely wearing out the center diff. Does the buggy suffer from the same problem that plagued my scte 2.0?
Old 01-13-2015, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lofnsjoke
I have a quick question for you 3.0 owners out there. Looking at the layout of the chassis it seems very similar to my scte 2.0 as far as the drive train is concerned. Now I have had to upgrade to the king headz double bearing center diff mounts in order to stop the truck from prematurely wearing out the center diff. Does the buggy suffer from the same problem that plagued my scte 2.0?
I've never had any problems with bearing anywhere on my car, I don't think you'll need it, but I don't why the double would hurt it. I would try your car first and if you think you need it than get the kingz head parts...
Old 01-13-2015, 11:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Well that's good to know. Seems like every losi platform I have ever bought has needed some sort of non-losi after market upgrade in order to function correctly. From king headz center diff mounts and tekno drive lines and outdrives on the scte platform ,exotek bell crank steering on the 22 platform, and the flying Fox layshaft on the jrx-s type r. I see from a few searches that the hinge pins are sort of the weak spot, are there any other problems that come to mind?
Old 01-13-2015, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lofnsjoke
Well that's good to know. Seems like every losi platform I have ever bought has needed some sort of non-losi after market upgrade in order to function correctly. From king headz center diff mounts and tekno drive lines and outdrives on the scte platform ,exotek bell crank steering on the 22 platform, and the flying Fox layshaft on the jrx-s type r. I see from a few searches that the hinge pins are sort of the weak spot, are there any other problems that come to mind?
My scte ran fine stock... I never needed anything for that car, I may have not been that fastest, but they say my car was one of the best on the track... But maybe where you are you might need some extras...
Old 01-13-2015, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (97%+)

I have tried searching the thread, but can not find the answers to what the battery forward does to the buggy, more steering, does it make it loose? with the battery in the back it feels a little lazy in the corners compared to what I remember from my old trusty 2.0. thanks
Old 01-13-2015, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losialltheway1
Almost sounds like a bent shock shaft.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.