Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I would disagree with that statement. They were the first of the big three to the 4X4 SC market (AE came later and Kyosho never made a truck). Again you can easily make an E-Truggy with parts avaiable today. As Ryan said the class on a national scale is not as popular as you think. IMO the class did not really take off until Losi made the SCTE. Tekno has since made it a two horse race. (AE trucks are rarely seen these days). Mugen has been hinting at a truck and again Durango trucks are not too popular these days.
Soooooooo let's learn from past success? Lol if the scte caused 4x4 short course to take off........ Then wouldn't a eight T 3.0E help ETruggy take off? 3 other companies see enough in ETruggy ton put out a product
Old 04-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default battery box question

I was just wondering if the battery box on the new TLR 8 E 3.0 is the same length as it is on the 2.0 kit.
Thanks
Old 04-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
I don't expect you to say different... and understand why you do
Not here for the who's right game of these forums
But you know a dedicated eTruggy would be way better than a conversion so let's at least agree on that
Originally Posted by Durocken
Soooooooo let's learn from past success? Lol if the scte caused 4x4 short course to take off........ Then wouldn't a eight T 3.0E help ETruggy take off? 3 other companies see enough in ETruggy ton put out a product
I am not disillusioned here. I know the 4wd SC class existed well before the SCTE was even on Losi/TLR radar and had a decent following. The SCTE really changed the game as I saw it here in So Cal. The SC10 4X4 helped when it came out but lets all face it, the truck was well.... That was not the point. I agree a dedicated truggy would be better. The question is will they sell enough to justify the testing and tooling and all the costs as well as the personel to work on the project etc. Granted I don't see it being a big project but still need to see if from there point of view. Can they make money by selling enough kits? In the mean time you can run a conversion.

Also 4X4 SC run in so many more places then e truggy and are a lower cost.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I personally hope they never make an Etruggy!

Last edited by RandyJones; 04-16-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey guys. Just got a e 3.0, wondering if anyone has any suggested pistons or springs to run on a high speed big air track. thanks
Old 04-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpilk08
Hey guys. Just got a e 3.0, wondering if anyone has any suggested pistons or springs to run on a high speed big air track. thanks
Dave which track you racing at?
Old 04-15-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SRW141
Dave which track you racing at?
mainly awesome rc in Fredericksburg va but I run at rc pro in glouster va and plan to travel a little this season
Old 04-16-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I know the 4wd SC class existed well before the SCTE was even on Losi/TLR radar and had a decent following.
This is what I meant by Losi being late to the party
I agree a dedicated truggy would be better.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RandyJones
I personally hope they never make an Etruggy! Most of the people with Pro4's and ebuggies can't handle the power in them let alone an etruggy. Just my opinion.
Wow..... Just wow.......

Your "opinions" are horrible for this hobby

So in your "opinion" screw the people who would love to run/race a truggy but do not want to deal with nitro, very nice.

And "most" of people just suck at driving pro4s/ETruggy, it's ok you can say it. You don't have to sugar coat it with the "they can't handle the power" statement

Again your attitude is very bad for this hobby and I hope people see that.

Everyone should just stop racing everything until they drive as good as you or your son. Cause they can't handle the "power"
Old 04-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Wow Derrek we have to give up our controllers to this guy lol
Old 04-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Durocken
Wow..... Just wow.......

Your "opinions" are horrible for this hobby

So in your "opinion" screw the people who would love to run/race a truggy but do not want to deal with nitro, very nice.

And "most" of people just suck at driving pro4s/ETruggy, it's ok you can say it. You don't have to sugar coat it with the "they can't handle the power" statement

Again your attitude is very bad for this hobby and I hope people see that.

Everyone should just stop racing everything until they drive as good as you or your son. Cause they can't handle the "power"

For one this is the TLR 8E 3.0 thread not the truggy thread.

If you guys want an Etruggy just convert it. There's a lot more to it than everyone thinks to produce these cars we get to drive. Heck, Drake said they were going to not even do the nitro truggy and just scrap all the time and r&d that was in it.

And no I don't race. Tyler does. He's a decent driver only being 14. His cars have the least amount of power in them at almost all the races we travel too. But, racers always think they need the most power and these 6-8lb. missiles became very dangerous. I like truggies. Even the nitro cars are way over powered these days. Some racers can't handle them either. Has nothing to do with people sucking!

We travel a lot and see how dangerous the cars have gotten. All cars are getting lighter, tons of power in either electric or nitro form.

Be mad all you want. I'm just stating how I feel.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:34 PM
Tech Regular

in my truggy I run nitro 21p5 XLT because it doesn't have that much power and in my electric truggy I run a,1900kv and in my electric buggy I run a1900 kv so nothing I got overpowered but I guess because we're not sponsored Derek we. Are not good enough for this guy
Old 04-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RandyJones
For one this is the TLR 8E 3.0 thread not the truggy thread.

If you guys want an Etruggy just convert it. There's a lot more to it than everyone thinks to produce these cars we get to drive. Heck, Drake said they were going to not even do the nitro truggy and just scrap all the time and r&d that was in it.

And no I don't race. Tyler does. He's a decent driver only being 14. His cars have the least amount of power in them at almost all the races we travel too. But, racers always think they need the most power and these 6-8lb. missiles became very dangerous. I like truggies. Even the nitro cars are way over powered these days. Some racers can't handle them either. Has nothing to do with people sucking!

We travel a lot and see how dangerous the cars have gotten. All cars are getting lighter, tons of power in either electric or nitro form.

Be mad all you want. I'm just stating how I feel.
Umm first you should check your facts, because when one of TLRs representives was asked about a 3.0 T the said "we are gonna try something different" and I have also email drake about a 3.0t he said he couldn't say there isn't one coming... You are right about this being a buggy thread and you are right, but there is no E-Truggy thread, so the guy was just asking for an opinion/answer...
Old 04-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpilk08
mainly awesome rc in Fredericksburg va but I run at rc pro in glouster va and plan to travel a little this season
With the traction at Awesome and Rc Pro. Kit pistons and springs with losi 35 front and rear. Last weekend at the Roar race I had 35f &37.5r with kit pistons and springs.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SRW141
With the traction at Awesome and Rc Pro. Kit pistons and springs with losi 35 front and rear. Last weekend at the Roar race I had 35f &37.5r with kit pistons and springs.
ok thanks for the info. I was thinking 40wt front and 35wt rear just beacause of the big jumps. any other pointers when building the kit? I run a mugen now tired of replacing arms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.