Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonR/C
i appreciate the feedback, ive been driving since january only. as far as driving ive come a long way, the small things i may still need a tightening on. only reason i suggested this, more or less based on metal to metal can cause strain at some point, zero flex. this is just what ive figured. if im wrong please correct me
When it comes to steering you want zero flex, period.
But when going for that you need servos that are up to the task.
Also, the flex you are referring to is what the servo saver is designed to do when set right and it's because of the servo saver that servos are saved.
I get 2-3 seasons out of my HV servos and that is good enough for me...
Old 09-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
When it comes to steering you want zero flex, period.
But when going for that you need servos that are up to the task.
Also, the flex you are referring to is what the servo saver is designed to do when set right and it's because of the servo saver that servos are saved.
makes sense thanks dude
Old 09-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So I just ordered that top Alum. servo mount and went to continue the build. This is what I found. Are we suppose to cut the hinge pins shorter or did I do something wrong. The pins look to be about 1/8 inch to long.
Anyone?

Old 09-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
Good to know, I was just going to start looking around for how I should set mine up. I always build to kit specs first and then make slight tweaks from there.
If you liked the SCTE kit setup this one should suit you as well. As always they have tuning options for these things so this will not be a one size fits all setup. I have not run the kit setup on a loose outdoor track personally but with the balance of the kit setup I would think it would be great.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Casper
If you liked the SCTE kit setup this one should suit you as well. As always they have tuning options for these things so this will not be a one size fits all setup. I have not run the kit setup on a loose outdoor track personally but with the balance of the kit setup I would think it would be great.
First race with it is in 10 days, outdoor clay track and usually has great traction and almost no tire wear. I'll start with kit and go from there, the SCTE was really really good out of the box.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone on the hinge pin issue I have? I tightened the front holder up, inserted the pins and pushed the rear block on. If I tighten the rear one up, I would think I would bend the pins or the holder. I think something is wrong.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Tighten it up

As far as I remember the Front and Rear hinge pins are the same. I remember Mine fit real tight so just do each screw a lil at a time.
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer
Anyone on the hinge pin issue I have? I tightened the front holder up, inserted the pins and pushed the rear block on. If I tighten the rear one up, I would think I would bend the pins or the holder. I think something is wrong.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Yes that worked. Evidently the bushings are tapered a little at the bottom. I just tightened each one a little at a time and they pressed right in. Problem solved.

Does anyone ream the arms for the pin? The fit is really tight.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Cool No

Build it and run it. There is a break in period. Get track time and it gets better with each lap.
Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer
Yes that worked. Evidently the bushings are tapered a little at the bottom. I just tightened each one a little at a time and they pressed right in. Problem solved.

Does anyone ream the arms for the pin? The fit is really tight.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Got my first couple of batteries in today. Worked half a day on the track cause it was a mess. Covered in sand and rutted from weeks of daily rain showers here in FL. I used the kit setup except I didn't use any wing spacers and used hole #3 for the front link. It was awesome! Anyone still on the fence needs to order one. I'm a mediocre club racer and can tell the difference between the kit and the conversion. It is a lot more nimble than the conversion. This may turn out to be the best vacation yet! Saturday is race day and I can't wait!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Jasonr/c i you video up at Leisure hours what did you have for a esc/motor combo If you don't mind me asking and was that 4 cell ??
Old 09-03-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sleek
Jasonr/c i you video up at Leisure hours what did you have for a esc/motor combo If you don't mind me asking and was that 4 cell ??
Running a trinity d8 1950kv motor geared 43/14. Esc is the orion R8 pro and the battery is a trinity 4s 55c 5600mah pack
Old 09-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

3.0 outdoor fun

Old 09-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Built my car and drove it today. A few things I will throw out there as questions or observations.

Why can't it have all metric hardware? I had to use about 11/12 different hex/nut drivers of both SAE and Metric varieties. Yuck!

I had a very stiff front end using the kit oil and I felt that I built it wrong so I re-did the shocks with 37.5 from a big bottle and it was way different. I'm not sure the kit fluid(s) are the same as what's sold in the TLR bottles.

Did I mention all the different screws?

The buggy did do well on our blown out outdoor track tonight box stock. Jumped and turned out of the box.. Isn't that the major things a guy could ask for?

This is the first car I have bought in a while that I had to buy nothing (extra) for to get it to drive well aside from a great servo and electronics. Very good job TLR.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:09 PM
Tech Master

As I posted I have a stiff front end also. Gonna change that tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.