R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2014, 05:47 AM   #1456
Tech Master
 
GMS_Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Palm Harbor
Posts: 1,700
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

are these the pistons they are talking about when they say splits??

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...mm-12-13-Split
__________________
Matt Reinders
8ight E 3.0
Elite Performance
GMS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:19 AM   #1457
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yes they are it.
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #1458
Tech Fanatic
 
Salkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMS_Racing View Post
are these the pistons they are talking about when they say splits??

http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...mm-12-13-Split
I already had the 8 hole 1.3mm pistons from the shockset I bought, so I bought the TLR243012, which is just the 2 split pistons.

The link to Amainhobbies.com says tapered pistons. I dont think the TLR243012 I bought are tapered (not stated), and the 8 hole 1.3mm's that came with the shock sets are not tapered either.

Some setup sheets states tapered and others don't.

I just stick with the non tapered ones for now. I'm a club racer and the difference is probably insignificant to me.
__________________
Yokomo BD7 2016 Black Series - MuchMore Fleta Pro / MuchMore ZX - Highest DLP650 - Sanwa M12

Last edited by Salkin; 02-28-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Salkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #1459
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 129
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to zuki250
Default

Hey guys...so i have a dumb question...sorry to barge in...has losi made an e truggy? Or am i stuck with converting an scte if i want one?
zuki250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:07 AM   #1460
Tech Fanatic
 
Salkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuki250 View Post
Hey guys...so i have a dumb question...sorry to barge in...has losi made an e truggy? Or am i stuck with converting an scte if i want one?
No Losi E truggy.

Buy the new 8ight-T 3.0 and convert with LOSA0912.
__________________
Yokomo BD7 2016 Black Series - MuchMore Fleta Pro / MuchMore ZX - Highest DLP650 - Sanwa M12
Salkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #1461
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Tapered pistions are for rutty blowen out tracks. And I would also say big jumps.
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #1462
Tech Master
 
GMS_Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Palm Harbor
Posts: 1,700
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what pistons are used in the rear on the Drake outdoor setup.
__________________
Matt Reinders
8ight E 3.0
Elite Performance
GMS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:59 AM   #1463
TLRacing
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
I already had the 8 hole 1.3mm pistons from the shockset I bought, so I bought the TLR243012, which is just the 2 split pistons.

The link to Amainhobbies.com says tapered pistons. I dont think the TLR243012 I bought are tapered (not stated), and the 8 hole 1.3mm's that came with the shock sets are not tapered either.

Some setup sheets states tapered and others don't.

I just stick with the non tapered ones for now. I'm a club racer and the difference is probably insignificant to me.
I had tapered when I arrived at the DNC. Through practice I switched to non tapered pistons. The setup sheet I posted is for non tapered pistons.
__________________
TLR-Team Losi Racing, Team Orion, Pro-Line, Spektrum, Nitrotane, Horizon Hobby, Darkside Designs, StickIt1 Racing, Lunsford, OCRC, LiveRC, RC Scoring Pro, AMS, & Stateline
Dakotah Phend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #1464
Tech Fanatic
 
Salkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah Phend View Post
I had tapered when I arrived at the DNC. Through practice I switched to non tapered pistons. The setup sheet I posted is for non tapered pistons.
Thank you very much. I will be using the setup you posted, and work from there. I drive on tracks similar to the Fear Farm RW.

It is an tremendous help for us club racers to have a proven setup to work from.

It is much appreciated, thank you again.
__________________
Yokomo BD7 2016 Black Series - MuchMore Fleta Pro / MuchMore ZX - Highest DLP650 - Sanwa M12
Salkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #1465
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 533
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Wonder where I can get a Orion 1950 motor like Dakota runs? Can't find them anywhere.
Tommygun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #1466
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 533
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

You guys are right...I should just get a tekin. lol
Tommygun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:29 PM   #1467
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 42
Default

Hi all,
I'm wanting to buy a LOSI 8IGHT-E 3.0.
I just would like to know where the best place to buy it from and parts?
What kind of servo is best to put in it?
Is the Castle Creations 1/8 Mamba Monster 2/Neu-Castle 2200kV ok to run in this?
What parts are a must to stock up on for spares?
Any info greatly appreciated
Thanks
rotachoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:35 PM   #1468
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 62
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotachoc View Post
Hi all,
I'm wanting to buy a LOSI 8IGHT-E 3.0.
I just would like to know where the best place to buy it from and parts?
What kind of servo is best to put in it?
Is the Castle Creations 1/8 Mamba Monster 2/Neu-Castle 2200kV ok to run in this?
What parts are a must to stock up on for spares?
Any info greatly appreciated
Thanks
I'd say Amain with the 10% coupon is the cheapest at $500 and free shipping!
Got-R/C? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #1469
KIK
Tech Addict
 
KIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotachoc View Post
Hi all,
I'm wanting to buy a LOSI 8IGHT-E 3.0.
I just would like to know where the best place to buy it from and parts?
What kind of servo is best to put in it?
Is the Castle Creations 1/8 Mamba Monster 2/Neu-Castle 2200kV ok to run in this?
What parts are a must to stock up on for spares?
Any info greatly appreciated
Thanks
I think the castle 2200 motor are for truggies. You can use it in the 3.0 but it's got a longer can.
KIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #1470
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIK View Post
I think the castle 2200 motor are for truggies. You can use it in the 3.0 but it's got a longer can.
So what your saying is it will fit?
Does anything need to be modified to make it fit or is it a no problem kind of fit?
Is anybody running this set up?
rotachoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
e-buggy, eight 3.0, losi, spur gear


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:26 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net