R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #1426
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,659
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG477 View Post
NOW WERE TALKING!!!!!! That is it.. Do they have one for the E buggy???
Those would all apply to the e- buggy
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #1427
Tech Regular
 
Durocken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N.J
Posts: 253
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Just a quick question on the tightness of the camber rods, would they "break in" under normal use or is the crimping with pliers needed? I kinda want to just run the buggy and let them free up naturally.
__________________
TLR
Airtronics / Savox / Tekin
Durocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #1428
Tech Prophet
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,659
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durocken View Post
Just a quick question on the tightness of the camber rods, would they "break in" under normal use or is the crimping with pliers needed? I kinda want to just run the buggy and let them free up naturally.
Eventually they will break in but it might take a while depending on the conditions you run in. I tried to let mine break in and after 4-5 race days they were still tight so I squeezed them. If yours are tight I would just squeeze and get it freed up.
__________________
TLR/Losi Team Driver
TLR/Losi | Tekin | DE Racing | Spektrum | Exotek | JBRL | Kolor Koncepts | OC/RC |Sticky Kicks | Imagine It Graphics | Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR 22-4 2.0, TLR Ten-SCTE 3.0, Spektrum DX6R

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #1429
Tech Regular
 
Durocken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N.J
Posts: 253
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Eventually they will break in but it might take a while depending on the conditions you run in. I tried to let mine break in and after 4-5 race days they were still tight so I squeezed them. If yours are tight I would just squeeze and get it freed up.
Ok thank you
__________________
TLR
Airtronics / Savox / Tekin
Durocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #1430
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 62
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Everything has arrived, looks like this week may be my first chance to get back out and test my driving..lol.

I've got to paint the body, glue tires, check setup, etc...but otherwise done!
Got-R/C? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #1431
Tech Regular
 
Durocken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: N.J
Posts: 253
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

My 3.0E ready for spring
Attached Thumbnails
TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD-image.jpg  
__________________
TLR
Airtronics / Savox / Tekin
Durocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #1432
Tech Addict
 
aptyk88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 513
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I cant seem to find a gear chart for this car. I have a 2250 tekin. I run on a decent sized indoor track. What pinion should I start with?
__________________
Mugen Seiki
Bones brew
OS speed
Futaba
aptyk88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #1433
Tech Initiate
 
bluegroovelosi's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Omaha
Posts: 39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptyk88 View Post
I cant seem to find a gear chart for this car. I have a 2250 tekin. I run on a decent sized indoor track. What pinion should I start with?
15 tooth pinion with the stock 43 tooth spur gear seems to be the starting point for just about everyone.

I've used three or four different combinations, from 14/43 to 15/45. None really made a ton of difference. There's much more to be gained, or lost, from changing the profile on your ESC than from the gearing.

Robert Conner
Omaha, Nebraska
__________________
Team Losi 22 / 22-4
Fusion Batteries / Orion Chargers
Viper VTX10R ESC's & Viper VST motors
Spektrum DX3R Control / S6040 Servos / SR3001 Receivers
AKA 2WD and 4WD Tires
bluegroovelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #1434
Tech Elite
 
Outtacontrol58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 2,129
Trader Rating: 91 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to Outtacontrol58
Default

When can we expect dakotah setup sheet from DNC? Congrats TLR on awesome podiums at DNC. Thanks for any Info!!
Outtacontrol58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:09 PM   #1435
Tech Fanatic
 
Salkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 882
Default

I have bought a complete set of front and rear shocks (TLR243021 and TLR243022) for my 8ight E 3.0 as a spare set.

In the E kit, the pistons are 5 hole 1.4mm in front and 5 hole 1.5mm in the rear.

In the set of shocks I bought, there are 8 holes 1.3mm pistons in both the forward and rear shock bag. I can see that there is "1.3" engraved on all pistons in both bags.

I first thought that it was the same as in the nitro 3.0, but the assembly manual states 1.2mm in front at a split 1.2mm/1.3mm in the rear.

So why are there 8 holes 1.3mm for both front and rear in the complete rear and forward shock sets, since this does not correspond to either the E 3.0 or the nitro 3.0 kit setup?

Will there be a noticeable difference anyway?

I'm soon starting on the outdoor season, and would the 8 holes 1.3mm pistons in both front and rear be better than the stock E pistons, that I understand are more for indoor tracks?

I'm driving on larger bumpy, loose dirt tracks.
__________________
Yokomo BD7 2016 Black Series - MuchMore Fleta Pro / MuchMore ZX - Highest DLP650 - Sanwa M12
Salkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:08 AM   #1436
Tech Fanatic
 
Salkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
I have bought a complete set of front and rear shocks (TLR243021 and TLR243022) for my 8ight E 3.0 as a spare set.

In the E kit, the pistons are 5 hole 1.4mm in front and 5 hole 1.5mm in the rear.

In the set of shocks I bought, there are 8 holes 1.3mm pistons in both the forward and rear shock bag. I can see that there is "1.3" engraved on all pistons in both bags.

I first thought that it was the same as in the nitro 3.0, but the assembly manual states 1.2mm in front at a split 1.2mm/1.3mm in the rear.

So why are there 8 holes 1.3mm for both front and rear in the complete rear and forward shock sets, since this does not correspond to either the E 3.0 or the nitro 3.0 kit setup?

Will there be a noticeable difference anyway?

I'm soon starting on the outdoor season, and would the 8 holes 1.3mm pistons in both front and rear be better than the stock E pistons, that I understand are more for indoor tracks?

I'm driving on larger bumpy, loose dirt tracks.
OK, found an answer, never mind :-)
__________________
Yokomo BD7 2016 Black Series - MuchMore Fleta Pro / MuchMore ZX - Highest DLP650 - Sanwa M12
Salkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:04 AM   #1437
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Africa, Durban
Posts: 299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
OK, found an answer, never mind :-)
can you answer for me as i'm also interested in this
akshayp14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:20 AM   #1438
Tech Fanatic
 
Salkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayp14 View Post
can you answer for me as i'm also interested in this
I found out that others ordering the complete sets of shocks (front and rear) also got only 1.3mm pistons.

So you will have to order new pistons if you don't want to have 1.3mm pistons in both ends.

You can see in the various setup sheets, that there are several piston combinations, including the new tapered ones.

One suggested to me just to go with the outdoor Dakotah Phend setup and stock 8ight E pistons (5 hole 1.5mm/1.4mm) for outdoor bumpy loose dirt tracks.

Maybe I will just use the 1.3mm pistons in both ends and see how it feels. I'm not a pro racer, but a club racer, and I doubt it will matter much to me to use a 1.3mm piston in one end instead of a split 1.2mm/1.3mm piston.
__________________
Yokomo BD7 2016 Black Series - MuchMore Fleta Pro / MuchMore ZX - Highest DLP650 - Sanwa M12

Last edited by Salkin; 02-25-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Salkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #1439
TLRacing
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outtacontrol58 View Post
When can we expect dakotah setup sheet from DNC? Congrats TLR on awesome podiums at DNC. Thanks for any Info!!
Here is a copy of my setup from the Nitro Challenge.
Attached Thumbnails
TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD-ebuggy-setup-ff.jpg  
__________________
TLR-Team Losi Racing, Team Orion, Pro-Line, Spektrum, Nitrotane, Horizon Hobby, Darkside Designs, StickIt1 Racing, Lunsford, OCRC, LiveRC, RC Scoring Pro, AMS, & Stateline
Dakotah Phend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #1440
Tech Elite
 
Outtacontrol58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 2,129
Trader Rating: 91 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to Outtacontrol58
Default

Thanks! It's awesome to think that the actual Pro driver will get on here and respond right away. Huge kudos and this is one of the many reasons why I have all TLR cars.
Outtacontrol58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
e-buggy, eight 3.0, losi, spur gear


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net