R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #121
Tech Elite
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post


Who uses the washers in the dif... next to the red o-ring??
Uhhh, i do i guess? Btw it's one washer and pretty much every diff gear i've seen uses something very similar to that. Don't really see how that's an insult or a disadvantage.
__________________
TLR 8ight-E 3.0 ---tekin 1900---hobbywing sct pro
Traxxas 1/16 rally (for giggles)
TLR 8ight TE 2.0-----hobbywing 2250Kv-------hobbywing sct-pro

---------"Blessed are those who get to race year round"---------
Rockthecatbox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #122
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Thumbs up LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Uhhh, i do i guess? Btw it's one washer and pretty much every diff gear i've seen uses something very similar to that. Don't really see how that's an insult or a disadvantage.
I was asking.... because I built my Dif with them.... and now I'm hearing, not to use. Just feeling around....
__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #123
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 170
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Uhhh, i do i guess? Btw it's one washer and pretty much every diff gear i've seen uses something very similar to that. Don't really see how that's an insult or a disadvantage.
It's been talked about in the 8ight E thread. Somebody mentioned a how-to video by Adam Drake on how to build diffs where he recommends not using them. Some others have also commented that they don't use them either. Sounds like it gives a much smoother diff action. I haven't tried it yet but will be next time I rebuild my diffs.
SC-Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #124
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guss2009 View Post
How is everyone holding down there tekin Rx8 speed control? Are you guys using double side tape? I also don't know where to hold the on/off switch. There's no instructions on how to install this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawwolf View Post
I use the Kyosho gel in my scte. It is about 1/4 in thick and gives the speedo a little cushion. It is pricey at 14 bucks for a package but it is reusable if you get it off clean. Just clean it with alcohol and it gets sticky again. I have seen alot of people use reg servo tape and stick it to the side of the speedo.
Its great stuff. Kyosho Gyro Tape part number Z8006.
Once you stick it its there but can be pryed up easy and is reusable. Really dampens the hard knocks and vibration.
__________________
Will Dennis
SCTE 2.0 (VTX8, Tekin Pro4 4600)
Sponsors: VISA, Master Card, and half of wifes pay checks.
(Power is nothing without Control)
SixxGunnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:49 AM   #125
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Lightbulb With the RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixxGunnz View Post
Its great stuff. Kyosho Gyro Tape part number Z8006.
Once you stick it its there but can be pryed up easy and is reusable. Really dampens the hard knocks and vibration.


I use a ziptie and a dot of shuegoo to hold the switch.
__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:08 AM   #126
Tech Master
 
pballer2777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: dirty jerz
Posts: 1,775
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
I was asking.... because I built my Dif with them.... and now I'm hearing, not to use. Just feeling around....
in the nitro section casey peck does a step by step with pics on the build. he does not use the washers. he says make the diff smoother. i did not use them in my build.
__________________
tlr 8 4.0 /rex engine/aka
tlr 8e 3.0/tekin/aka
pballer2777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:43 AM   #127
Tech Elite
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I don't even know what's right anymore. So confused.
__________________
TLR 8ight-E 3.0 ---tekin 1900---hobbywing sct pro
Traxxas 1/16 rally (for giggles)
TLR 8ight TE 2.0-----hobbywing 2250Kv-------hobbywing sct-pro

---------"Blessed are those who get to race year round"---------
Rockthecatbox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #128
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Cool Teknotarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
I don't even know what's right anymore. So confused.


Hahahah im messin with you Rock


I will take mine out the middle dif.... I went 5/5/3 and think I will try 5/7/3 with the 1900 it feels a little less punchy than the 2050 I ran before. Need to experiment..
__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆

Last edited by XXXDad; 05-23-2013 at 03:20 PM.
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:03 AM   #129
Tech Elite
 
-WHEELMAN-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Redlands, California
Posts: 4,506
Trader Rating: 266 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post


Hahahah im messin with you Rock


I will take mine out the middle dif.... I went 5/5/3 and think I will try 5/7/3 with the 1900 it feels a little less punchy than the 2050 I ran before. Need to experiment..
Im running 5/5/3. To me it was less pushy and easier to drive hard than 5/7/3! Large size medium bite indoor.
__________________
BRETT T. RICHARDS = SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS, LOCAL TRACKS AND HOBBY SHOPS OR THEY COULD ALL BE GONE ONE DAY!
-WHEELMAN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #130
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,523
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
I honestly don't see the 3.0 as being some big upgrade from the 2.0 at all. I bet the 2.0 guys will run with it no problem.
I have to say I would have agreed with you until I drove the two...

It is a huge difference between the two. The shocks were completely redone in a bigger bore with new O-rings, machined spacers and machined pistons and new springs. The vehicle comes with the upgrades you would want to run. The new caster blocks and spindles give a ton more steering and steering throw you need the new front arm to use those. The towers are taller to get the right up travel versus down travel which this car has a ton more of both. The chassis flex being what it is now is much better as well.

Just my .02 though.
__________________
-Ryan Dunford
Horizon Hobby Spektrum Product Manager
TLR--Spektrum--Horizon Hobby--Tekin--Venom--Pro-Line--Sticky Kicks--Bradley FLD--ImagineIt Graphics--Casper-RC.com
TLR 22 3.0, TLR 22T 2.0, TLR 22SCT 2.0, TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, DX6R
hacker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #131
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Thumbs up It drives like a dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I have to say I would have agreed with you until I drove the two...

It is a huge difference between the two. The shocks were completely redone in a bigger bore with new O-rings, machined spacers and machined pistons and new springs. The vehicle comes with the upgrades you would want to run. The new caster blocks and spindles give a ton more steering and steering throw you need the new front arm to use those. The towers are taller to get the right up travel versus down travel which this car has a ton more of both. The chassis flex being what it is now is much better as well.

Just my .02 though.
New Ink> I tryed this new Paint Job out .... Not easy to airbrush.... Now let's cut it out and see how it fit's.







__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆

Last edited by XXXDad; 05-24-2013 at 07:11 PM.
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #132
Tech Regular
 
1badgoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Port Richey Fl
Posts: 414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I have to say I would have agreed with you until I drove the two...

It is a huge difference between the two. The shocks were completely redone in a bigger bore with new O-rings, machined spacers and machined pistons and new springs. The vehicle comes with the upgrades you would want to run. The new caster blocks and spindles give a ton more steering and steering throw you need the new front arm to use those. The towers are taller to get the right up travel versus down travel which this car has a ton more of both. The chassis flex being what it is now is much better as well.

Just my .02 though.
+1

I tried to say the same thing. Maybe people will listen a little more hearing it from you.
__________________
TLR/Futaba/Hitec/Tekin/Hyperion privateer
1badgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:28 AM   #133
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Cool Its our seacret...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badgoat View Post
+1

I tried to say the same thing. Maybe people will listen a little more hearing it from you.
I'm happy if i am the only one with a 3.0...... its like cheating. Feels like an advantage. Very good car, like a wolf in sheeps clothing.
__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #134
Tech Fanatic
 
ChrisWolfson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 985
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisWolfson Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisWolfson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
I'm happy if i am the only one with a 3.0...... its like cheating. Feels like an advantage. Very good car, like a wolf in sheeps clothing.
Ran mine yesterday. Definitely recovers in the jumps and rough stuff when you "get it wrong" better than the 2.0 did. The car is much easier to drive than my 2.0 was. I had a great time running my car yesterday.
__________________
TLR / Horizon Hobby / Spektrum / Tekin / JConcepts / MIP / B-Fast RC / UpGrade RC
ChrisWolfson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #135
Tech Champion
 
XXXDad's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida USA
Posts: 6,009
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWolfson View Post
Ran mine yesterday. Definitely recovers in the jumps and rough stuff when you "get it wrong" better than the 2.0 did. The car is much easier to drive than my 2.0 was. I had a great time running my car yesterday.
What setup did you start with chris>> Mine is
Front shock 32.5
Rear shock 27.5
5/5/3
the rest was Drake settings.
__________________
☆ Glenn Carlson ☆☆ WPB, Florida☆

☆TLR 22B 3.0 MM ☆ 22T 2.0 MM ☆22B 2.0 MM ☆22-4 ☆ SCTE 2.0☆ ☆
XXXDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
e-buggy, eight 3.0, losi, spur gear


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:13 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net