R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-04-2015, 09:31 PM   #3256
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreek View Post
im having no luck freeing up the front myself....Its gotten annoying.
Yeah I just ordered a 2wd buggy and threw this POS in the corner for now . I have no patience for this I should have gone with something else for 1/8 .
Old 05-05-2015, 05:31 AM   #3257
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Use 8ight 2.0 camberlinks if you guys are having that big of an issue. You can find a whole set cheap on ebay. As far as the front camber links, I used a dremel on the outer plastic near the case when i was using the inner hole. Once you squeeze the plastic ends with the ball in them a couple times they should be good to go. This is by far the best handling car I have ever driven.
Past Winning Kits: Losi 8ight 1.0, Losi 8ight 2.0, Serpent 811 BE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 3.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0 2017, Losi LST 2.0, Kyosho ST-RR, Losi 8ight-T 2.0, TLR 8ight-T 3.0, TLR SCTE 1.0, TLR SCTE 2.0
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:18 AM   #3258
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anyone tried chucking the ball in a drill and spinning it inside the camber link? That's how we did it BITD. If they were really tight you sacrificed a spare ball stud and scored the ball a little first. Checked the one my daughter's BF bought and they're tight, so will be freeing them up this weekend.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:37 AM   #3259
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dont know why, but my 3.0 was never tight, but my truggy was a little. I guess I got lucky!
Brian C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:12 AM   #3260
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If anyone is on the fence about moving the battery and esc around , go for it ! I actually like my car now . Difference was / is amazing . 2 screw holes line right up , drilled and tapped a 3rd at the right front corner . Awesome .

Don't forget ... Have fun , talk sh*$ with your buddies, and have fun.

I race so I can have people flip my car over ....
wittyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:59 AM   #3261
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyname View Post
If anyone is on the fence about moving the battery and esc around , go for it ! I actually like my car now . Difference was / is amazing . 2 screw holes line right up , drilled and tapped a 3rd at the right front corner . Awesome .
Interesting seeing you now running losi after the discussions we have had about Losi......

Yes, the battery forward with the the truggy caster blocks is amazing. I'm now trying out the mbx7r eco but am having troubles getting it nearly as good as my 3.0, and I've noticed the moog3n drivetrain is wearing out much faster than my losi did.... good thing I still have my 2 3.0s...
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:01 AM   #3262
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Interesting seeing you now running losi after the discussions we have had about Losi......

Yes, the battery forward with the the truggy caster blocks is amazing. I'm now trying out the mbx7r eco but am having troubles getting it nearly as good as my 3.0, and I've noticed the moog3n drivetrain is wearing out much faster than my losi did.... good thing I still have my 2 3.0s...
I swore I would give it a fair chance , and so far its been exactly what I thought . It drives good , shocks are good . I seem to have to work on it . ALOT .

Old 05-05-2015, 10:45 AM   #3263
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Been toying with the idea to move things around. What kind of track are you on?

Where did you see the improvements?

Thanks to:
Tekin - www.teamtekin.com
Thunder Designs - www.thunderdesigns.net
MasiisaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #3264
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Quote:
You run on clay or loose dirt?
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:47 PM   #3265
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Mine is a bit loose as is so moving the battery up front I think would not work for me. But Im going to try the truggy castor blocks
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #3266
Tech Master

I run on a large outdoor clay track that's starts the day hard , dry ,and dusty but finishes the day black and full of traction . Here is the story ... I race a Tekno . I like the car , but it does not seem as stable as the other cars . I thought the Losi seemed to drive the high bite the best , so I picked up this car to see if I couldn't get a better overall round for myself by making smaller mistakes . When I ran the car in the stock layout it seemed to be slow in , fast out . The end of my straight at full lock to the right the car would not spin. It didn't seem to steer off power at all . There is a line I run with my other car that I couldn't run with this car . I was 2 seconds a lap slower with the 8 last weekend. So I switched it around , and went back with the same set up on the car , same tires , and the car has so much more steering off power . The rear needs be calmed down some when its dusty , but overall I like the steering so much more this way . I can run the same lines now , but don't know what the clock will say . For me I would say the car is much more aggressive and responsive , but less forgiving. You can still stand on it coming out of the sweeper.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:34 PM   #3267
Tech Elite

Wittyname, thanks for your reply. I run on really loose dirt or low traction hard-pack so that kind of says I should keep the battery where it is.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:18 PM   #3268
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
Wittyname, thanks for your reply. I run on really loose dirt or low traction hard-pack so that kind of says I should keep the battery where it is.
Im in the same boat. I run weight up front and the car seems to work really well lots of steering. I will try the truggy caster blocks this weekend to see if its makes it any different.
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:25 PM   #3269
Tech Elite

I have read comments on use of the truggy castor blocks but missed an explanation of exactly why and how they are beneficial and in what circumstances to use them. Can someone explain?
Old 05-05-2015, 07:37 PM   #3270
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
I have read comments on use of the truggy castor blocks but missed an explanation of exactly why and how they are beneficial and in what circumstances to use them. Can someone explain?
It changes the roll center at the hub, it gives you more steering overall....
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-buggy, eight 3.0, losi, spur gear