R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-01-2015, 07:25 PM   #3226
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What are some good servos to use with this ? I just picked up a DX4R .
Old 05-01-2015, 07:31 PM   #3227
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag5508 View Post
What are some good servos to use with this ? I just picked up a DX4R .
Lots of good powerful servo's out there, I run RadioPost in my stuff and love how quiet/smooth/precise they are, This is the model I run in my 1/8 stuff.
http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/radiopo...FREoaQod04UAJA
Old 05-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #3228
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan.J View Post
Lots of good powerful servo's out there, I run RadioPost in my stuff and love how quiet/smooth/precise they are, This is the model I run in my 1/8 stuff.
http://www.amain.com/rc-cars/radiopo...FREoaQod04UAJA
Thanks never ran any of their stuff what spline is the servo horn just in case ?
Old 05-02-2015, 05:25 AM   #3229
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag5508 View Post
Thanks never ran any of their stuff what spline is the servo horn just in case ?
25T
Old 05-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #3230
Tech Fanatic

Can anybody recommend a better turnbuckle end that fits the 3.0 e rtr. or the entire turnbuckle. My suspension stays down when compressed. And before anybody suggests that I squeeze them with pliers, I have done this atleast 20 times and they just return to the original shape and stick again, so I'm just replacing them. RTR.........ready to replace
Anderson Zap Ties
- overkill is a good thing -
buster8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #3231
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I am sorry to hear that you broke a part. If you feel it was bad, you can always contact Horizon customer service and they will send you some.

However, a LOT of people have run those caps including myself and havent broken one. Parts do break though and that is why they are sold separately.

If you are looking to switch to a bladder based shock, you will need the aluminum caps and the bladders.
I picked up some bladders and it solved the problem. The plastic ones didn't have any so I assumed that they were bladderless. Got the replacements and assumed that they were the same. All is well.
Anderson Zap Ties
Old 05-02-2015, 03:46 PM   #3232
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

You really have to mush them hard. I used a pair of vise grips. Just don't do to hard to make them loose. I did this once and they have stayed perfect.
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #3233
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
You really have to mush them hard. I used a pair of vise grips. Just don't do to hard to make them loose. I did this once and they have stayed perfect.
I have squeezed them many times. I have used a heat gun and boiled and dunked them in cold water after so they wouldn't return to the original shape, but they did. I'm done screwing around with them. So I'm replacing them with a different brand if possible.
Anderson Zap Ties

Last edited by buster8787; 05-02-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:26 PM   #3234
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Lol. Just took my daughter's boyfriend to get him back into RC for the first time since he was a kid. I told him for ANY RTR, the first upgrade would be the servo. And the second would be the shocks. Doesn't mean they're terrible, but they've been the weakest links on any RTR I've ever seen. He's now the proud owner of an 8ightE 3.0 RTR. I was really impressed with the quality, good as I've ever seen on a RTR. Looking forward to seeing it on the track. I'm going to fire up my 8ight 1.0 truggy just for the occasion.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #3235
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster8787 View Post
I have squeezed them many times. I have used a heat gun and boiled and dunked them in cold water after so they wouldn't return to the original shape, but they did. I'm done screwing around with them. So I'm replacing them with a different brand if possible.
Strange I squeezed them 1 time with vise grips I mean like hard as in it made them oval for a sec. They have been perfect since.
Blitzrockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 05:44 PM   #3236
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
Strange I squeezed them 1 time with vise grips I mean like hard as in it made them oval for a sec. They have been perfect since.
I don't know, maybe a bad set but 4 different people have tried too. I had to leave a weekend race today because I had a 1/2 inch ground clearance. I even got desperate and ran out to the hobby store and bought some traxxas turnbuckles. They didn't work. Not happy. This is why I'm looking for something from a different company. Might have to try another set. If that doesn't work, guess i'll sell the car.

PS. I still finished in 4th in the one heat I ran
Anderson Zap Ties
Old 05-02-2015, 06:57 PM   #3237
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster8787 View Post
I don't know, maybe a bad set but 4 different people have tried too. I had to leave a weekend race today because I had a 1/2 inch ground clearance. I even got desperate and ran out to the hobby store and bought some traxxas turnbuckles. They didn't work. Not happy. This is why I'm looking for something from a different company. Might have to try another set. If that doesn't work, guess i'll sell the car.

PS. I still finished in 4th in the one heat I ran
You could get the 4mm links, turnbuckles, and balls from the 2.0 car. I do it to Tyler's cars to get weight off the car. The ends do wear over time but don't have binding issue as the big links sometimes do. Hope that helps you with some alternatives.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:52 AM   #3238
Tech Rookie

.. at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot.. when you press down on the buggy, should it return to where it was, or is it normal for it to return only half-way?
kaktis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:24 AM   #3239
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktis View Post
.. at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot.. when you press down on the buggy, should it return to where it was, or is it normal for it to return only half-way?
No not normal, should return to the ride height you set. Squeeze the plastic rod ends like has been being talked about to free it up, 9 out of 10 times that is the issue with a new kit. TLR, love the buggy but sure seem's alot of folks having binding issues. Easy fix for guys in the know but big problem for those that are not. I'll bet a bunch of ill handling 8ights out there with guys scratching there heads.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:37 AM   #3240
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktis View Post
Little confused about what you're asking. What DanJ said is correct. But "normal" ride height is actually where the buggy settles when pushed down on or dropped on the table from 6" or so. Are you talking about just setting the buggy down, then pushing on i? If that's the case it probably won't come back to the same height it started at. wherever it settles after you push on it should be normal ride height, and it should come back to the same height every time. If it doesn't then you might have a binding issue.

Tags
e-buggy, eight 3.0, losi, spur gear