Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Tyler's 3.0 has been dialed since we built it. And the wins keep coming. He tq'd and won this weekend at a MSCS race at Stateline RC in Fremont,IN. Second time he has run their series and and has tq'd and both of those rounds we attended!
Attached Thumbnails TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD-image.jpg  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys, I bought my new 3.0E w/a couple laps on it, It's like new but didn't get a manuel, All shock positions and springs are as Drakes setup. I'm assuming the pistons are stock for now. Just dropped the electronics in w/4s lipo and...
-rear seems very linear as u press it down but rebounds slightly slower than the front.
-front feels very progressive as u press down and rebounds fairly quick.
-very plush feeling on the bench "living room speed runs"..
-how do I know if the pistons are stock? Did the kit come w/option pistons?
Old 07-29-2013, 07:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation No Spares

Just comes with enough to build it no spares.

Originally Posted by Blown up
Hey guys, I bought my new 3.0E w/a couple laps on it, It's like new but didn't get a manuel, All shock positions and springs are as Drakes setup. I'm assuming the pistons are stock for now. Just dropped the electronics in w/4s lipo and...
-rear seems very linear as u press it down but rebounds slightly slower than the front.
-front feels very progressive as u press down and rebounds fairly quick.
-very plush feeling on the bench "living room speed runs"..
-how do I know if the pistons are stock? Did the kit come w/option pistons?
Old 07-31-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Old 07-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
There is a Rear shock tower Mod, Lowering the Rear Link. I will try and find the Pic of Drakes car with the mod. From what I understand you get a 2.0 rear tower. and using it as a template drill new lower link holes. Below is the link to some pic... find the rear of the car and clic the pic to make bigger. Same Mod on Pheds car..... I'm doing it tonight. I will just measure and drill.Try it out this weekend.

http://www.neobuggy.net/2013/06/19/u...-adam-drake-2/
I did this at the shootout, were it is high bite and dry. the buggy was very good but wanted to traction roll. By doing this mod it kept the rearend flat throughout the corner and rotate instead of wanting to dump on the front.

Did I mention this car is the best E buggy I have drove to date yet. The most traction and yet nimble and in the rough stuff where the 2.0 might have lacked this buggy is just amazing.

Also I cut out the battery tray and dremeled the chassis where the side guard mounts to fit the battery flat on the chassis and with it cut out and strapped its not moving at all and the body fits perfect. Might also help with roll also.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Losi released new 3.0 E. Check redrc!
What do you think about the differences from a converted 3.0 ?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

As I expected really, scte 2.0 on steroids. Glad i have waited. I know it's early days but could someone confirm the 2.0 bodies will still fit, it looks very similar.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

http://www.rc-area.co.uk/2013/08/01/...-3-0-race-kit/

I just want to how soon we can get one. They did just what I was hoping they would do. Looks like a great kit.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Good going TLR again!

Originally Posted by alport78
They learned from the scte ... as always Good Job TLR>
Originally Posted by goldy
As I expected really, scte 2.0 on steroids. Glad i have waited. I know it's early days but could someone confirm the 2.0 bodies will still fit, it looks very similar.
LOL... im sure a 2.0 body will fit with alot of slop on the sides. but if you buy a new kit (when it comes out) you get a shiny new body to paint.
Originally Posted by UN4RACING

I just want to how soon we can get one. They did just what I was hoping they would do. Looks like a great kit.
I hope it comes out soon, I will love to upgrade mine when parts become available. Congradulations TLR yet another Killer kit. I can sell my nitro chassy to the gassers.

I bet the New 1/10 Scale 4x4 will look just like this.

Last edited by XXXDad; 08-01-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I see stormer has the new 3.0 listedhttp://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...c=&pn=TLR04002
Old 08-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Glad i waited will be getting this one
Old 08-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alport78
We updated quite a few things and most of the center chassis between the front and rear clips is new. We also made new front and rear shock towers with the extra camber mounting holes in them already for your use.

This is the first electric specific vehicle in the 8th scale market TLR has put out. The chassis, side guards, chassis braces, center diff top, motor mount, servo mount(comes with two, one for indoor and one for outdoor), and battery tray are all new. The battery is now on the chassis as is the ESC. The servo mounts firmly with 4 screws now instead of just two. The battery has a lot of movement that you can adjust to your driving style. We include a holder for running 2 shorty style packs and many do for indoor now. We have 5 hole pistons for indoor use and you can use the standard 8 hole pistons from the nitro as well still. It includes everything you want and then some and the vehicle is very good.

Originally Posted by goldy
The 2.0 body goes on it although it still does not have the clearance you really need for todays batteries. It will not tuck nicely into the side guards and fit with Velcro though but it should get you through until your new body is all painted up.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING

It should be here the middle of September.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The receiver box looks huge. Does it incorporate a transponder mount or have some other neat trick inside? Hiving to fill a big, empty receiver box with foam to take up the extra space would be a little disappointing on this car.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
We updated quite a few things and most of the center chassis between the front and rear clips is new. We also made new front and rear shock towers with the extra camber mounting holes in them already for your use.

This is the first electric specific vehicle in the 8th scale market TLR has put out. The chassis, side guards, chassis braces, center diff top, motor mount, servo mount(comes with two, one for indoor and one for outdoor), and battery tray are all new. The battery is now on the chassis as is the ESC. The servo mounts firmly with 4 screws now instead of just two. The battery has a lot of movement that you can adjust to your driving style. We include a holder for running 2 shorty style packs and many do for indoor now. We have 5 hole pistons for indoor use and you can use the standard 8 hole pistons from the nitro as well still. It includes everything you want and then some and the vehicle is very good.

The 2.0 body goes on it although it still does not have the clearance you really need for todays batteries. It will not tuck nicely into the side guards and fit with Velcro though but it should get you through until your new body is all painted up.
I am so in. Nice kit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.