R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-31-2015, 12:41 PM   #2866
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesandstuff View Post
I need to make a decision of what buggy I am going to get. I am stuck on the 8ight e 3.0 or the mugen mbx7r eco. I've had most every brand but serpent I'm the past along with the losi 2.0, the mbx7 eco and mbx6r eco. Also drove an mp9 tki3 e for a while. How does the 8ight e 3.0 compare to the mbx7r eco? Or Mp9? Thanks.
Fwiw I had 8e 2.0 before my 3.0 and can honestly say its a world of difference. By far the funnest car ive ever owned and im only running 2s with a t8i 2700 indoors. running the maifield setup with truggy spindles and lightened suspension settings and the car is on rails.
xyzracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 03:06 PM   #2867
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wish they would run 1/8th indoors where I'm at :-/
Old 02-01-2015, 10:10 AM   #2868
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had this buggy for a few weeks now and between work and the weather I've only taken it out twice.....
So being that right now all it's doing is sitting pretty on the shelf, I might as well pimp the sumbich out n start slapping' it down with hop ups...

First package came in so I guess it's about that time for a brother to slick back the hair, throw on the wife beater n get my slap on...
Attached Thumbnails
TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD-image.jpg  
NickTheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:11 PM   #2869
Tech Initiate

Crusher "I've been running my 8ight e 3.0 for about a year and I still get very little rebound from my shocks. I have to have the springs torqued down to get any kind of real ride hight. Any suggestions?"

I don't know if anyone answered you but...

Check your camber links and see if they are tight... If they are squeeze them hard with pliers until they free up... Also its hard to tell if your hinge pins are bent but one of these two is probably your problem.

Last edited by RobEmm; 02-01-2015 at 10:13 PM. Reason: forgot to quote
RobEmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:51 AM   #2870
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

Do the plastics(rod end links and steering rod ends) still wear out in 1-2 months like the 2.0 did? That's the reason I sold my old losi stuff. I had a mugen for 2 years and no plastic wear at all and it's still tight but my losi after 2 months was all jiggly and you couldn't put an accurate setup on it because of this. For example camber was always a tiny bit off because of how much the plastics were wore. I had a kyosho for about 9 months and the steering ends did wear out but that's about normal 9 months of racing I would think you would have to replace some plastic pieces. Some people say it's "faster" the looser a losi gets but you can't tell me Mayfield goes to the track with a sloppy car. And oh also the front center drive shaft I remember since it has such an angle the pin would wear out in no time at all.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:29 PM   #2871
Tech Rookie

I've never had a 2.0, but I'm still on the original balls/cups after 8 months of weekly racing with no slop. Just for perspective, I'm on my third set of hardened balls/cups on my SCTE 2.0 in as many months.
TommyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:02 PM   #2872
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcopeland1 View Post
Ordered two of them, kind of overkill for the tracks I run on, but if they last a reasonable amount of time before they puff I will be happy.
Me and a couple of my friends that race at LRH use the SMC 4s 6500 packs. They have a lot of punch compared to some other 4s packs I've had and you get great runtime. One cell went bad in one of our packs and SMC replaced it right away, with no hassle.
Losi 8ight 3.0
Ping i20 Driver & Callaway X-Tours irons
dtgolfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:34 AM   #2873
Tech Initiate

Default 4s packs

I've been really happy with my SPC packs. Has anyone else tried these?
RobEmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:17 AM   #2874
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyJoe View Post
I've never had a 2.0, but I'm still on the original balls/cups after 8 months of weekly racing with no slop. Just for perspective, I'm on my third set of hardened balls/cups on my SCTE 2.0 in as many months.

Alright, cool thanks for the reply. I too went through the balls/cups like crazy on my scte 2.0 but that truck is long gone now so I was worried about the 8ight 3.0 but everyone seems to have told me it's not an issue with the buggy so I ordered the e buguy last night. Can't wait for the build!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:46 AM   #2875
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Enjoy the new rig!

Old 02-03-2015, 10:43 PM   #2876
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgolfing View Post
Fair question. Normally I would say yes, I'm over cooking the corner. Haha. In this case, there are 3 back to back to back hairpins. The first one I make easily coming off a high speed straight. The rear end slides a little and I'm into a short straight with a small double jump. Slow left hairpin and immediately into a right hairpin. So really slow turns. The second two hairpins I'm slow and still hit the lane marker almost all the way around. I know they aren't the same car, but my eb48.1 makes those turns with no issue. Anyway, I have 3k in the rear and 7k in the middle now. I'll try it out on Friday and see what happens.
Well, dropping the rear diff oil down to 3k and standing up the rear shocks really helped. Was able to make the tight turns and slide out the rear end more.
Losi 8ight 3.0
Ping i20 Driver & Callaway X-Tours irons
dtgolfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:01 PM   #2877
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgolfing View Post
Well, dropping the rear diff oil down to 3k and standing up the rear shocks really helped. Was able to make the tight turns and slide out the rear end more.
That's my next thing go try is to stand up my rear shocks.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:18 PM   #2878
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasiisaM View Post
Im going to try RM surf city set up and it looks like i have everything to do it except the "8ight T 3.0 caster blocks spaced forward."...Does anyone know what part that is?
I also noticed this in his setup, what does this give you? More steer?
towertsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #2879
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by towertsk View Post
I also noticed this in his setup, what does this give you? More steer?
Reducing caster gives more off-power steering and less chance for traction roll. Great for tight indoor smooth tracks!
Old 02-04-2015, 06:26 PM   #2880
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEmm View Post
Crusher "I've been running my 8ight e 3.0 for about a year and I still get very little rebound from my shocks. I have to have the springs torqued down to get any kind of real ride hight. Any suggestions?"

I don't know if anyone answered you but...

Check your camber links and see if they are tight... If they are squeeze them hard with pliers until they free up... Also its hard to tell if your hinge pins are bent but one of these two is probably your problem.
Maybe since he has been running it for a year, he springs probably are spent, and the could be his ride height problem...
Brian C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-buggy, eight 3.0, losi, spur gear