R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-13-2015, 07:12 PM   #2806
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
Almost sounds like a bent shock shaft.
True, because if it wasn't that tight before, than something might be bent...
Brian C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 07:37 PM   #2807
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASON671 View Post
I have tried searching the thread, but can not find the answers to what the battery forward does to the buggy, more steering, does it make it loose? with the battery in the back it feels a little lazy in the corners compared to what I remember from my old trusty 2.0. thanks
biggest thing I noticed is the 3.0 is more forgiving. it is much easier to push it harder without getting out of shape.
xyzracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:08 PM   #2808
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
I have tried searching the thread, but can not find the answers to what the battery forward does to the buggy, more steering, does it make it loose? with the battery in the back it feels a little lazy in the corners compared to what I remember from my old trusty 2.0. thanks
The battery forward guys tend to be outdoor guys IMO. Just changes the weight balance of the car. I never tried a 3.0 battery forward so I really can't comment from personal experience.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 10:18 PM   #2809
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I just picked up a 3.0e from a friend of mine. I was running it at the local track and it's pushing really badly in low speed turns. I don't think I'm as aggressive on the throttle as he is. I've changed shock positions and camber link positions and it helped a little. I think I need to change diff oils next. He was running 7k front, 10k center, 5k rear. I was thinking of at least dropping to 3k rear. Should that get me more low speed turning? Or should I change the center diff too? Drop to 7k maybe?
Thanks for the help.
Losi 8ight 3.0
Ping i20 Driver & Callaway X-Tours irons
dtgolfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:18 AM   #2810
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
I tried switching it up back to back a few times and am sold on how it jumps with the batt forward. I felt like it gives more corner speed on larger sweeping turns. Downside is the rear seems more affected by bumps mid corner. It does change the overall feel quite a bit and I wouldn't say either way is bad. Its easy to try. Just chop the corner off a spare tray and see what you think.
pimpedaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:48 AM   #2811
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtgolfing View Post
Hi Guys,

I just picked up a 3.0e from a friend of mine. I was running it at the local track and it's pushing really badly in low speed turns. I don't think I'm as aggressive on the throttle as he is. I've changed shock positions and camber link positions and it helped a little. I think I need to change diff oils next. He was running 7k front, 10k center, 5k rear. I was thinking of at least dropping to 3k rear. Should that get me more low speed turning? Or should I change the center diff too? Drop to 7k maybe?
Thanks for the help.
Yeah, I try that next if nothing else helped....
Old 01-14-2015, 09:37 AM   #2812
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help.
It's important to know where you're getting the push..corner entry/mid/corner exit?

I would for sure try 3K in the rear. That will give you more turn in...I typically run 3K in all my cars for the tracks i'm on.

As for the center diff though...again...it depends on where you're getting the push. Going lighter on the center will give you more off-power steering(corner entry)..but at the expense of some on-power push(corner exit)

Thanks to:
Tekin - www.teamtekin.com
Thunder Designs - www.thunderdesigns.net
MasiisaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:04 AM   #2813
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasiisaM View Post
It's important to know where you're getting the push..corner entry/mid/corner exit?

I would for sure try 3K in the rear. That will give you more turn in...I typically run 3K in all my cars for the tracks i'm on.

As for the center diff though...again...it depends on where you're getting the push. Going lighter on the center will give you more off-power steering(corner entry)..but at the expense of some on-power push(corner exit)
I guess I would say mid-corner as I'm getting on the power for next straight away. I just push right into the lane dividers.
Losi 8ight 3.0
Old 01-14-2015, 11:11 AM   #2814
Tech Addict

Quote:
I guess I would say mid-corner as I'm getting on the power for next straight away. I just push right into the lane dividers.
Are you already off the breaks? and not over cooking the corner?..I ask as sometimes mid-corner push can come down to just breaking points.

Do you do all your breaking before turn in and then it runs wide "before" getting on power?

Thanks to:
Tekin - www.teamtekin.com
Thunder Designs - www.thunderdesigns.net
MasiisaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #2815
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasiisaM View Post
Are you already off the breaks? and not over cooking the corner?..I ask as sometimes mid-corner push can come down to just breaking points.

Do you do all your breaking before turn in and then it runs wide "before" getting on power?
Fair question. Normally I would say yes, I'm over cooking the corner. Haha. In this case, there are 3 back to back to back hairpins. The first one I make easily coming off a high speed straight. The rear end slides a little and I'm into a short straight with a small double jump. Slow left hairpin and immediately into a right hairpin. So really slow turns. The second two hairpins I'm slow and still hit the lane marker almost all the way around. I know they aren't the same car, but my eb48.1 makes those turns with no issue. Anyway, I have 3k in the rear and 7k in the middle now. I'll try it out on Friday and see what happens.
Losi 8ight 3.0
Old 01-14-2015, 08:00 PM   #2816
Tech Master

Quote:
Fair question. Normally I would say yes, I'm over cooking the corner. Haha. In this case, there are 3 back to back to back hairpins. The first one I make easily coming off a high speed straight. The rear end slides a little and I'm into a short straight with a small double jump. Slow left hairpin and immediately into a right hairpin. So really slow turns. The second two hairpins I'm slow and still hit the lane marker almost all the way around. I know they aren't the same car, but my eb48.1 makes those turns with no issue. Anyway, I have 3k in the rear and 7k in the middle now. I'll try it out on Friday and see what happens.
Good luck
Old 01-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #2817
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losialltheway1 View Post
Don't know if anyone has had this issue but here goes. So I built a 3.0 E Buggy new out of the box. After about 1 race weekend, the front suspension basically stopped working. If you manually push the front end down, it stays down. No rebound whatsoever. I did the Adam Drake pinch on the front ball cups and it seemed to have worked on the day I did it. Now, no rebound again. Any of you guys have this same issue? Should I keep running the car till they break in? Pinch the ball cups again? Lube? Ream them out? I need a solution!!! Racing season starts this week!!! Please help. Thanks guys!!!
I have /had the same issue. Reemed the arms, freed it up a lot. Now its the rod end on the spindle side binding, they just seem a little tight I cleaned up the ball and rod end and got it a little looser, but i think they must have just deformed in some way and will need to be replaced.
RockinTheCasbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:27 PM   #2818
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ok so an update on the buggy. I drilled out the holes on the hinge pin side and they freed up the suspension a lot. Checked the hinge pins and one was bent slightly, not enough to cause the binding. Racing is tomorrow so I will work on all of the ball cups in the morning. I will give an update as to how the buggy performs. Thanks again.

JR
Old 01-16-2015, 03:54 PM   #2819
Tech Addict

If you can tell that a hinge pin is bent......it is usually the source of some binding...on my cars.
Bivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:15 PM   #2820
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by losialltheway1 View Post
Ok so an update on the buggy. I drilled out the holes on the hinge pin side and they freed up the suspension a lot. Checked the hinge pins and one was bent slightly, not enough to cause the binding. Racing is tomorrow so I will work on all of the ball cups in the morning. I will give an update as to how the buggy performs. Thanks again.

JR
Good luck!

Tags
e-buggy, eight 3.0, losi, spur gear