TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD >

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Old 12-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Powers
Sorry if this has been asked already but I'm thinking about getting an 8th scale, could you guys recommend some esc's, motors and servos. I'm running orion/spektrum in all of my 1/10 cars but don't know much about 8th scale, thanks in advance
I would stick with the same brands your running in 1/10 scale, except use a tekin motor....
Old 12-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Anything in the build to pay particular attention to or any tips.....or is everything pretty straight foward???

Lol, I'm kinda scared to open the box cause once I do, I might be up all night and I got a lot of work in the next couple days....n the work ain't easy...so a brother needs his sleep.
And when I start building a kit, sleep kinda goes out the window....
Trying to hold off till Christmas when I'll have some time to put in..
Old 12-19-2014, 02:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

When you build the 3 dif's dont use the steel washer's next to the O ring .Will make the dif bind or be too tight.
Originally Posted by NickTheGreek
Anything in the build to pay particular attention to or any tips.....or is everything pretty straight foward???

Lol, I'm kinda scared to open the box cause once I do, I might be up all night and I got a lot of work in the next couple days....n the work ain't easy...so a brother needs his sleep.
And when I start building a kit, sleep kinda goes out the window....
Trying to hold off till Christmas when I'll have some time to put in..
Old 12-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XXXDad
When you build the 3 dif's dont use the steel washer's next to the O ring .Will make the dif bind or be too tight.
+1

So I've spent the last 8 months with this buggy and have finally landed the most dialed setup that works so exceptional well. It includes the battery forward mod with the truggy caster blocks, and the 1.3x8 and 1.2/1.3splits rear. It's really freaking dialed and make me a much better driver do to how linear the steering is, it turns into, through and out of the corner the same all the way through on and off power. Soooooo goooood.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

+1
Old 12-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

That's alot of "+1's" to not adding the steel washer....So no steel washer it will be.
But, being that it's good to know the reason for going against the manual, at the same time what's the drawback for not adding them, if any??
Old 12-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just bought the 3.0 e RTR. I've been running SCT 4x4 for the last 4 years and thought I'd move up. I don't have the time or patience to go through 180 pages of posts. What do people recommend as upgrades and updates to this car (the one with the yellow body). I won't be using it until atleast April. Any suggestions would be great. THe track I run at is usually windy and outdoors. Kind of a really hard packed sand is the surface.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buster8787
I just bought the 3.0 e RTR. I've been running SCT 4x4 for the last 4 years and thought I'd move up. I don't have the time or patience to go through 180 pages of posts. What do people recommend as upgrades and updates to this car (the one with the yellow body). I won't be using it until atleast April. Any suggestions would be great. THe track I run at is usually windy and outdoors. Kind of a really hard packed sand is the surface.
I posted a page or so ago about my 8ight-E RTR. Any questions lmk
Old 12-19-2014, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BENRAT
I posted a page or so ago about my 8ight-E RTR. Any questions lmk
thx.....
Old 12-19-2014, 09:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by symmetricon
+1

So I've spent the last 8 months with this buggy and have finally landed the most dialed setup that works so exceptional well. It includes the battery forward mod with the truggy caster blocks, and the 1.3x8 and 1.2/1.3splits rear. It's really freaking dialed and make me a much better driver do to how linear the steering is, it turns into, through and out of the corner the same all the way through on and off power. Soooooo goooood.
Could you tell us more about your setup or post it.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buster8787
thx.....
The AVC in my opinion is not good for track use. You lose turning radius and you must change your driving style so much from your other vehicles.(it's dusty and rough where we normally go.) I took mine out for my standard Futaba FASST receiver and am much happier.

the car is honestly very good. I can drive back to back with 3.0 and not tell them apart. My guess would be the car will not be as durable. I haven't abused it enough to tell. The stock esc works great in my 8yo daughters SC truck and j got 85$ for the motor on eBay. Change the plastic top of the shock's to the TLR ones used on 3.0. The springs are the same rate that come on 3.0, they seem fine for most situations.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 12PAC
Could you tell us more about your setup or post it.
Willdo, I'll post it soon..
Old 12-20-2014, 05:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Questions??

Im curious what the > http://www.amain.com/team-losi-racin...arrier/p275033
do you use this for indoor or outdoor? Can you let me know if I just add the caster blocks, or do I change anything else besides ? I was going to move the Batt. forward but my car is working well and did not want to fool with it. But... if it can be better.... Hummmmmm Anything to help me beat the local 13 year old fast guys. LOL
Originally Posted by symmetricon
+1

Last edited by XXXDad; 12-20-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Im curious what the > http://www.amain.com/team-losi-racin...arrier/p275033
do you use this for indoor or outdoor? Can you let me know if I just add the caster blocks, or do I change anything else besides ? I was going to move the Batt. forward but my car is working well and did not want to fool with it. But... if it can be better.... Hummmmmm Anything to help me beat the local 13 year old fast guys. LOL
Use a scte steering rack bearing behind the caster blocks. Take the shorter screw use it up front and the long screw in the rear. No other changes besides ride height. Indoors the stock casters actually give you more steering.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD-image.jpg  
Old 12-20-2014, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

The stock ESC and motor combo in the RTR are some of the most under rated products on the market. Collin Weatherholt has been using them for almost two years without any issues. They have good power are smooth without any cogging and are plenty fast enough to get the job done. Personally I feel many of the systems are just overkill.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.