Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Salkin
Bearings (outer wheel bearings and center diff bearings especially), dog bone pins, "forward" outdrive in center dif.

Chassis plate (not wearing skidplates).

Upgraded to alu steering arm.

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
The wear is pretty good, nothing out of the ordinary. Upgraded to an aluminum servo saver arm, rear hubs and kick plate, mostly for the bling. Before that though I only broke on spindle racing in the cold.
thanks to both of you

is the plastic material the same on the 2.0E and 3.0E?
Old 05-21-2014, 06:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offr0aden
I've been fooling around with a couple setups / chassis - I noticed my 2.0 converted w/ the battery forward did turn harder on and off throttle - then my Tekno V4 converted losi with battery just set back like the 3.0 - to make it turn the same I used stick on wheel weights on the front rock guards - yet I bought a converted 3.0 buggy and it feels like it wants to push out in the turns when coming in fast on power and even off if I don't brake into the turn.

Now I have a true 3.0e and have it dialed but could use more on and off power steering.

I've looked at Drakes indoor setup and can't figure out how he has the battery tray forward - also the brass weight is 40g I believe - I may try some wheel weights up front first and then move the battery - if its not a botched mod - if you have any pics please post them and let us know how the race goes.
Keep us posted. Sounds like my experience. I took the front anti roll bar off. Sucker almost turns on a dime.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Keep us posted. Sounds like my experience. I took the front anti roll bar off. Sucker almost turns on a dime.
Does this create a lot of chassis slap coming off the big jumps?

I'm running a 2.3 bar in the front. 104.5/112.5 droop F/R and a 27/29mm ride height F/R and my steering doesn't seem "that" bad on or off power.

I may try no sway bar in the front just to feel the difference.

Our track is a nice smooth indoor clay. Medium bite. Sometimes dusty when the fans are on to pull out the nitro exhaust. Forms a nice groove for the most part.
573 has been working good but I'm curious about the 772 setup.

The wife is going out of town all Memorial Day weekend with her family.... Time for some extra track time and plenty of tuning!!!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by 8ighteRun
Does this create a lot of chassis slap coming off the big jumps?

I'm running a 2.3 bar in the front. 104.5/112.5 droop F/R and a 27/29mm ride height F/R and my steering doesn't seem "that" bad on or off power.

I may try no sway bar in the front just to feel the difference.

Our track is a nice smooth indoor clay. Medium bite. Sometimes dusty when the fans are on to pull out the nitro exhaust. Forms a nice groove for the most part.
573 has been working good but I'm curious about the 772 setup.

The wife is going out of town all Memorial Day weekend with her family.... Time for some extra track time and plenty of tuning!!!
In my case out door and the track is pretty choppy u can get away with it, wide open not to technical. Although I would try it. If I did the rule if thumb would be <on a smooth track?> lower eyelets outer setting and bump the spring up one size. Or maybe half weight thicker oils. It's definitely worth trying seems it's an easy thing to test by just starting with the bar itself. You will most likely know if you want to pursue it any further just by omitting it. As for landing it's not a big deal but it's more of a rough track tuning option. It will still square up out of turns as long as you leave the rear bar on. If you try it post your findings. I will get my setup posted tonight if I get time. Hoping to go racing after work.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

I'm kind of pressed for time, but if anyone is interested in some pics of the battery mod just PM me your number and I will take some for you.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Could you just post the pics of the mod?

Thanks
Old 05-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

I've tried to, but I can't figure it out. I guess you have to host them from another site. I took pictures on my phone, but I'm about to leave for work.

Just to give an idea of the mod. When the battery tray is moved forward, the corner by the front chassis brace has to be cut off and there are some holes on the tray that don't line up with the holes in the chassis. I looks like there are three screws in it total, but its firmly in there and not going anywhere. I drove this car Sunday and had zero issues with the battery moving. I was running a foam spacer up front and only two battery straps with the battery pushed back.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I tried the mod too with the front weight in. I switched it back to normal after 2 packs just like you will! It made the rear end extremely loose.
Easy mod- knock the front right ear off the tray. Leave your wires long. I ran the esc wire under the tray and pulled up the foam in the rear to double side tape the esc. Only 2 screws hold the tray down. You can tap the chassis to add extra holes but it will be a waste.
Attached Thumbnails TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD-image.jpg  
Old 05-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by maddog9
I tried the mod too with the front weight in. I switched it back to normal after 2 packs just like you will! It made the rear end extremely loose.
Easy mod- knock the front right ear off the tray. Leave your wires long. I ran the esc wire under the tray and pulled up the foam in the rear to double side tape the esc. Only 2 screws hold the tray down. You can tap the chassis to add extra holes but it will be a waste.
How about the ballast weight up front after moving the battery back. You like it? I am going to try it first.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
How about the ballast weight up front after moving the battery back. You like it? I am going to try it first.
The normal tray setup with the 40g weight up front is excellent and the only way i would run it.
Old 05-21-2014, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

I have only driven my 3.0 with the mod already done so I can't speak about the stock location. I liked the way mine drove and didn't seem loose in the rear. I guess it all comes down to driving styles and how you have the rest of the car set up. But there are a few fast guys at our local track that run this mod and it seems to be working.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Double post.....stupid phone.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by maddog9
The normal tray setup with the 40g weight up front is excellent and the only way i would run it.
I ran the weight tonight and really didn't feel any change. So I am going to try the battery mod. Slow night tonight but there were a full 5 Losi guys and I was the only 3.0. All I can say is I want the corner speed they have. They are in and out faster then me, GRRRRRRR!! But I cant deny my car was the top dog again. Could be just I am faster but when I drive there's its night and day for sure. My dry track set up sux when the track is moist. Had to put the roll bar back on.... That pretty much fixed it but with out the the bar it was diving hard in the turns and 3 wheeling...LOL didn't tip on me though.

And I went back to the 3 degree rear toe and got rid of most of the aggressive front wheel spin. Forward bite did improve so did on power steering. I have some split and 8 1.3 pistons now to so I can get more on the same page with pistons and oils with you guys and the pros. Looking forward to testing those out. I cant complain, the kit is rocking according the clock LOL.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone else running the wing extensions that moves wing about 1/2 further to the rear? I am and it seem with regular losi wing, with no wicker bill it really is forgiving and self correcting the car in flight from a side take off. Just curious if anyone else had tried it. I like it. running large out door loose, loamy rough track.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by SirWraithe
Anyone else running the wing extensions that moves wing about 1/2 further to the rear? I am and it seem with regular losi wing, with no wicker bill it really is forgiving and self correcting the car in flight from a side take off. Just curious if anyone else had tried it. I like it. running large out door loose, loamy rough track.
I just picked up a Tekno wing mount last night... you can change angle with it and height and the wing mounts with screws. The extension gives more leverage of down force. I wish I would have considered that when I was having a nose dive issue.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.