R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-14-2014, 05:33 AM   #1936
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brandon, Ms
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
Definitely get a set of bearings espesically the outter hub bearings nearest the wheel. Front caster blocks and spindles, rear hubs.
+1. Avid sells bearings for this buggy for 1 dollar each. I've got a stack of just these bearings alone!
__________________
***TLR 8ight-E 3.0***
Tekin 2050, Tekin RX8 Gen 2, Savox, Avid, Venom, Spektrum.
***TLR 8ight-E 3.0***
Tekin 1900, Savox, Spektrum (current build)
* both transmitted by a loose nut and a DX4R Pro *
8ighteRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:04 AM   #1937
Tech Adept
 
Holeshot114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Vegas
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

When the axles get bent and start to wobble, could i straighten them on the bench or just replace them?
Thanks for the tips!!
Holeshot114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:17 AM   #1938
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Winfield, IN
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot114 View Post
When the axles get bent and start to wobble, could i straighten them on the bench or just replace them?
Thanks for the tips!!
I would just replace them. You might be able to bend them straight and the runout might check good, but you never know how much stress and fatigue was put into the axle when it was bent. Just my .02

Jason
spookyeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #1939
Tech Elite
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,721
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot114 View Post
When the axles get bent and start to wobble, could i straighten them on the bench or just replace them?
Thanks for the tips!!
Your asking about the cvd right?
__________________
XRAY / RCAMERICA
JCONCEPTS
RCSHOX
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:26 AM   #1940
Tech Adept
 
Holeshot114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Vegas
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Your asking about the cvd right?
It looks like the dogbone
Holeshot114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #1941
Tech Elite
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,721
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot114 View Post
It looks like the dogbone
You can straighten them out with out issue. If you bend an axle, that's a whole different story.
__________________
XRAY / RCAMERICA
JCONCEPTS
RCSHOX
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #1942
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 416
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Center diff help

I upgraded my 2.0. Did this for about half the cost of a new buggy. Anyways, I used the 2.0 motor mount, I noticed that I have a lot of play in the center diff. More than 3mm of play. I noticed that its using some parts from the 2.0 in the center diff. I noticed that the motor mount did not line up with the holes. So I drilled into the chassis and countersunk the hole. After doing all that to the center diff, only issue I have is the play in the center diff. Is the motor mount that much thicker? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again.
__________________
Tekno EB48.4/Hobbywing SCT Pro/Hobbywing 1900KV/Highest Servo
Tekno EB48/OS b2101/Highest Servos
Tekno ET48/Hobbywing SCT Pro/Trinity Monster 1950kv/Highest Servo
Associated B5M/Hobbywing V2.1/ Trinity D4 17.5/ savox (For Sale)
Special Thanks to Bellgate Distributors for all their support
hpiaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #1943
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 94
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Gear Noise

I'm getting back into r/c after about 10 years and new to off-road. I am assembling my new 8ight E 3.0 and noticed the front diff makes a noise. It seems to be free, but makes a noticable noise when I spin the outdrives in one direction (not cross-directional). Is some noise normal with planetary gear diff? I am used to ball diffs on pan cars. I have not assembled the center or rear diff yet, so I do not know if they will turn out the same. I have followed the directions precisely (even though they are somewhat vague). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
cdraughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #1944
Tech Master
 
pballer2777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: dirty jerz
Posts: 1,799
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdraughon View Post
I'm getting back into r/c after about 10 years and new to off-road. I am assembling my new 8ight E 3.0 and noticed the front diff makes a noise. It seems to be free, but makes a noticable noise when I spin the outdrives in one direction (not cross-directional). Is some noise normal with planetary gear diff? I am used to ball diffs on pan cars. I have not assembled the center or rear diff yet, so I do not know if they will turn out the same. I have followed the directions precisely (even though they are somewhat vague). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
did u put grease on the ring gear? that could make some noise.
__________________
tlr 8 4.0 /rex engine/aka
tlr 8e 3.0/tekin/aka
pballer2777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #1945
Tech Elite
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,721
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiaddict View Post
I upgraded my 2.0. Did this for about half the cost of a new buggy. Anyways, I used the 2.0 motor mount, I noticed that I have a lot of play in the center diff. More than 3mm of play. I noticed that its using some parts from the 2.0 in the center diff. I noticed that the motor mount did not line up with the holes. So I drilled into the chassis and countersunk the hole. After doing all that to the center diff, only issue I have is the play in the center diff. Is the motor mount that much thicker? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks again.
The 3.0 center diff has two small aluminum shims that go behind the bearinga, they probably total 3mm.
__________________
XRAY / RCAMERICA
JCONCEPTS
RCSHOX
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:10 PM   #1946
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 94
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pballer2777 View Post
did u put grease on the ring gear? that could make some noise.
Yes, I put a small bead of grease all the way around the ring gear. How much is too little or too much?
cdraughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #1947
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brandon, Ms
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdraughon View Post
Yes, I put a small bead of grease all the way around the ring gear. How much is too little or too much?
Not trying to mess around, but.... Did you add your diff oil?
__________________
***TLR 8ight-E 3.0***
Tekin 2050, Tekin RX8 Gen 2, Savox, Avid, Venom, Spektrum.
***TLR 8ight-E 3.0***
Tekin 1900, Savox, Spektrum (current build)
* both transmitted by a loose nut and a DX4R Pro *
8ighteRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #1948
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 94
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ighteRun View Post
Not trying to mess around, but.... Did you add your diff oil?
Yes, I followed the directions. Diff oil added where called for.

Is it normal for a diff to make some noise? Again, I am comparing this to my 1/12th scale that is silent.

Thanks.
cdraughon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:18 PM   #1949
Tech Lord
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdraughon View Post
I'm getting back into r/c after about 10 years and new to off-road. I am assembling my new 8ight E 3.0 and noticed the front diff makes a noise. It seems to be free, but makes a noticable noise when I spin the outdrives in one direction (not cross-directional). Is some noise normal with planetary gear diff? I am used to ball diffs on pan cars. I have not assembled the center or rear diff yet, so I do not know if they will turn out the same. I have followed the directions precisely (even though they are somewhat vague). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
I bet its a tight noise? If you used the shims then it is a rough sounding noise. I don't use the shims till I think the gears are worn enough and feel sloppy. No shims it will feel smoother and once they are broke in then use the shims..
__________________
A Special Thanks to Arno and Rigor for there support...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/664682-ae-factory-team-b44-2-thread.html
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associated/setupb44/B44.2_BuildAdvice/
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #1950
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brandon, Ms
Posts: 97
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdraughon View Post
Yes, I followed the directions. Diff oil added where called for.

Is it normal for a diff to make some noise? Again, I am comparing this to my 1/12th scale that is silent.

Thanks.
Yea.. I mean. You should barely hear the planetary gears working smoothly. It should be a consistent slight sound. How does it sound? Choppy or smooth?
__________________
***TLR 8ight-E 3.0***
Tekin 2050, Tekin RX8 Gen 2, Savox, Avid, Venom, Spektrum.
***TLR 8ight-E 3.0***
Tekin 1900, Savox, Spektrum (current build)
* both transmitted by a loose nut and a DX4R Pro *
8ighteRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
e-buggy, eight 3.0, losi, spur gear


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net