R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #1756
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarimon View Post
Casper, whatīs about the clutch system? Can you tell something about it? It is mentioned in the manual, that there sometime something could be...

It is something they are testing now and sounds like may be out soon. Something Adam likes for loose tracks or blown out conditions to soften the bottom end punch of an electric car to make it feel more like a nitro. Not something I want but I am an electric guy so...... Each there own. Adam knows what he is doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
I have both and they are not the same. The nitro conversion is a better drive. The E-3.0 is very ridged and does not seem to handle the rough stuff as well.

I am all most tempted to get a nitro chassis and conversion for mine.
The e-buggy may be a little siffer. I was developed for indoor running as well as outdoor. There are always trade offs for running in different conditions for the stiffness of a chassis. The e-buggy has proven to work well indoor as well as Phend winning the national title with it outdoor on a slick track.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:48 PM   #1757
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It is something they are testing now and sounds like may be out soon. Something Adam likes for loose tracks or blown out conditions to soften the bottom end punch of an electric car to make it feel more like a nitro. Not something I want but I am an electric guy so...... Each there own. Adam knows what he is doing.

The e-buggy may be a little siffer. I was developed for indoor running as well as outdoor. There are always trade offs for running in different conditions for the stiffness of a chassis. The e-buggy has proven to work well indoor as well as Phend winning the national title with it outdoor on a slick track.
What size hex and nut driver do I need for this buggy?
kahuna2793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:51 PM   #1758
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahuna2793 View Post
What size hex and nut driver do I need for this buggy?
Page 10, top of page:

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...002_Manual.pdf
Old 04-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #1759
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:

clutch setup adam running how does he brake?
Old 04-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #1760
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat dillon View Post
clutch setup adam running how does he brake?
It's always engaged, you can adjust the slip like a slipper clutch
Old 04-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #1761
Tech Adept

Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post

I often see that guys use the rear E-Tower on the nitros, but Drake use the Nitro-tower on his E-Buggy...

Tarimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:33 PM   #1762
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I often see that guys use the rear E-Tower on the nitros, but Drake use the Nitro-tower on his E-Buggy...

As I understand it, the only difference between the E and nitro tower is some additional holes in the E tower.

If Adam Drake does not use these new holes in the E tower, then there would be no difference between using the E or nitro tower.

I guess?
Old 04-24-2014, 02:35 AM   #1763
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salkin View Post
As I understand it, the only difference between the E and nitro tower is some additional holes in the E tower.

If Adam Drake does not use these new holes in the E tower, then there would be no difference between using the E or nitro tower.

I guess?
Hes roughly in the 4 hole of an e tower.
Past Winning Kits: Losi 8ight 1.0, Losi 8ight 2.0, Serpent 811 BE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 3.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0 2017, Losi LST 2.0, Kyosho ST-RR, Losi 8ight-T 2.0, TLR 8ight-T 3.0, TLR SCTE 1.0, TLR SCTE 2.0
maddog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #1764
Tech Regular

How the 8ight e 3.0on indoor clay and outdoor loamy ? What does this buggy do well and what does it lack if anything at all? How does this compare to tekno and mugen? Trying to make my mind up? No local 1/8 parts at the tracks I run. but 8 -12 buggy out every week.
kahuna2793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #1765
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahuna2793 View Post
How the 8ight e 3.0on indoor clay and outdoor loamy ? What does this buggy do well and what does it lack if anything at all? How does this compare to tekno and mugen? Trying to make my mind up? No local 1/8 parts at the tracks I run. but 8 -12 buggy out every week.
I like mine 10x more than I liked my eb48. It is much more stable. It is easy to achieve a locked rear end while still having plenty of steering....
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #1766
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog9 View Post
Hes roughly in the 4 hole of an e tower.
Surely no E-Tower on Drakes car...compare!

Tarimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:40 PM   #1767
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:

The Nitro tower works with different camber link options. They are interchangeable.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #1768
Tech Regular

Quote:

This is quite the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve.. cos I'm an electric driver and just recently decided to get a 3.0 nitro buggy, I'm trying so hard to set it up like my 3.0e. For me the biggest thing I miss (apart from the more direct/responsive feel) is the drag brake.

my 2c;
I don't see myself ever needing a clutch of any sort on the 3.0e, adjusting punch or even just adjusting the way you throttle up seems like a better option to me.
akshayp14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #1769
Tech Master

Quote:

Theres a lower hole drilled out just like his nitro car here. It lines up roughly with the 1 hole on the ebuggy tower.
Attached Thumbnails
TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD-image.jpg  
Past Winning Kits: Losi 8ight 1.0, Losi 8ight 2.0, Serpent 811 BE 2.0, TLR 8ight-E 3.0, TLR 8ight-E 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0, TLR 8ight 4.0 2017, Losi LST 2.0, Kyosho ST-RR, Losi 8ight-T 2.0, TLR 8ight-T 3.0, TLR SCTE 1.0, TLR SCTE 2.0
Old 04-24-2014, 01:49 PM   #1770
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayp14 View Post
This is quite the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve.. cos I'm an electric driver and just recently decided to get a 3.0 nitro buggy, I'm trying so hard to set it up like my 3.0e. For me the biggest thing I miss (apart from the more direct/responsive feel) is the drag brake.

my 2c;
I don't see myself ever needing a clutch of any sort on the 3.0e, adjusting punch or even just adjusting the way you throttle up seems like a better option to me.
You can set your nitro brakes were the rear brakes actually just start to rub not lock but where they will be engaged when you get off the throttle and slow the car like drag brakes do. You can adjust with your turnbuckle linkage.

Tags
e-buggy, eight 3.0, losi, spur gear