R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #1591
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
pink and green, i qualified 9th and finished 7th. i put myself into 4th and 5th in two different mains but dorked it up.... it was all me, not the car.
Is this Jason? If so, I talked to you a few times. I'm the new guy with three weekends racing under my belt...
Got-R/C? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:51 PM   #1592
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got-R/C? View Post
Is this Jason? If so, I talked to you a few times. I'm the new guy with three weekends racing under my belt...
yup!
Mikes Hobby Shop
symmetricon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:32 AM   #1593
Tech Apprentice

Alright, I'm sure that this has already been covered but I search a little and I couldn't find it. I love my 8ight e 3.0 a lot, but I have the hardest time setting the ride height in the front. The rear is perfectly fine. And on the little doubles at my track, I bottom out. I run 35wt oil in the front and the 5 hole piston. Basically, I want to know whats wrong and why I have very little suspension in the front. Thank you for any response
Losi8ightfanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:27 AM   #1594
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losi8ightfanty View Post
Alright, I'm sure that this has already been covered but I search a little and I couldn't find it. I love my 8ight e 3.0 a lot, but I have the hardest time setting the ride height in the front. The rear is perfectly fine. And on the little doubles at my track, I bottom out. I run 35wt oil in the front and the 5 hole piston. Basically, I want to know whats wrong and why I have very little suspension in the front. Thank you for any response
Maybe you could try the 8 hole pistons. Think the 5 holes are more suited for indoor setups.

I myself are in the process of changing my setup from the stock indoor setup to a Dakotah Phend ourdoor setup, which includes the 8 hole 1.3mm and 1.2/1.3mm split pistons.

Some in here reports thay the 5 holes gives an overdamped suspension, unless you use light oils.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:35 AM   #1595
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losi8ightfanty View Post
What wt are you running in the rear? Have you limited droop front/rear?
Mikes Hobby Shop
Old 03-31-2014, 08:30 AM   #1596
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSCFlash View Post
A VERY long time. I got mine last September and they are still very snug. Some advise to "squeeze them" prior to putting them together, but I never did this.

Hopefully someone who did the squeezing will chime in and advise on this.
I squeezed mine during the build and made sure the arms fell freely. After a few runs my car's links were super tight and would barely move. Like to the point i had to put in 3-4mm of pre-load just to get to my original ride height when the car was new. I just don't understand why the rear is fine when the front is so overdampened. I was using 8x1.3 pistons 40wt oil originally but i switched to 35wt before the main. The links were so stiff up front that i couldn't even tell a difference.

Quote:
Squeezing the makes a HUGE difference.
It did when the carxwas new but after few runs i'm right back where i started.

On another note, i really did notice a big improvement in drivability of the 3.0 compared to the tekno eb48 i raced all last year. The car was much more stable. The tekno did have more steering but my 3.0 felt much more planted in the rear and did not swap ends as easily as the tekno.

I qualified 4th in both quals out of like 30-40 people and ended up 10th in the a-main because my car kept flipping over in the whoop section and a slow marshall on the last corner.

---------"Blessed are those who get to race year round"---------
Rockthecatbox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:41 AM   #1597
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well I messed up again. Got a savox 1268. Looks like the 1267 would be better suited for this car. Think I'll return it.
Tommygun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:32 AM   #1598
Tech Elite

You need to squeeze them with more than a needle nose pliers. I squeezed mine with a channel lock multiple times and they are freed up and stayed that way all weekend. And yeah, co.pared to the Tekno, this buggies rear end is locked in, after modifying the drake setup I was able to get all the steering I need, even in the tight 180deg section.....
Mikes Hobby Shop
Old 03-31-2014, 09:34 AM   #1599
Team Tekin

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I had to put my turnbuckle ends in a vice to loosen them up, they are a lot better now.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:47 AM   #1600
Tech Apprentice

I didn't mention this, but I run on a high bite medium sized indoor track. I run 30wt in the rear. I was thinking of drilling the wholes out of the 5 hole piston to make the fluid flow through it faster because I think that's my problem. I run the setup that Adam drake ran for indoor
Losi8ightfanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:57 PM   #1601
Tech Adept

Need help What pinion sure I hav with a 2700kv motor with my 3.0 E - buggy
lowrider4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:46 PM   #1602
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What servo is recomended for this buggy? Can anyone suggest a servo either made by Spektrum, Savox, or Jr?
Thanks
Old 03-31-2014, 08:17 PM   #1603
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
You need to squeeze them with more than a needle nose pliers. I squeezed mine with a channel lock multiple times and they are freed up and stayed that way all weekend. And yeah, co.pared to the Tekno, this buggies rear end is locked in, after modifying the drake setup I was able to get all the steering I need, even in the tight 180deg section.....
Thanks. Any specific places you tuned to achieve the extra steering?

---------"Blessed are those who get to race year round"---------
Rockthecatbox21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:52 PM   #1604
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Thanks. Any specific places you tuned to achieve the extra steering?
Yes, while I started with drakes setup to the T minus the rear green spring( don't have em yet but will for this weekend. First I changed our the rear swaybars to a 2.7, then i changed the rear link to the 1-A setting. I found the front end needed some more dampening so I switched to the split pistons1.2/1.3 from the 1.3x8 with the same 37.5wt oil.I also went up in oils in the rear from 30 to 35 at. The car was money. I still have some slight tweaking to do but I am super happy and excited about committing to running this car. I'm gonna buy a nother kit this weekend. I think the great rear spring will give it that little bit extra mid corner steering I'm looking for.

Is your track pretty blown out, if so I would stick to drakes piston and oil shock setup.

And to anybody who thinks this car is a 2.0 with some slight improvements, your way off, this car drives 10x better, for real. I am now gonna have to get rid of the Durango truggy for the 8ight T 3.0 and through the e conversion on it.
Mikes Hobby Shop

Last edited by symmetricon; 03-31-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #1605
Tech Elite

Also having the front end frees up a la the ball joints and thing pins helps a ton with front end grip....
Mikes Hobby Shop

Tags
e-buggy, eight 3.0, losi, spur gear