Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team EAM battery, motor and ORCA speedos

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

thats pretty nice on the 4 pole 540 usability.

Ah, Didnt know about Josh leaving. Last I saw viper had him on the main page. I thought it was about carpet nats... No mater. I actually like the viper esc's. Kinda curious as to why Josh left. So he races for you now?
Old 04-03-2013, 12:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Good to see you in the offroad forum Eric. I have owned EAM esc, battery and motor. I ran onroad at IIC this past October. I was not running the EA gear yet and was super slow. I did not have the power the other guys had. Running an Xray( he runs xray as well) I went to Eric and he not only sold me the right stuff, he wired up the speedo and motor. I went out with my new electronics in the car for my last qualifier of the event and picked up a whole lap. No joke. The Orca esc is truely top notch stuff. And Eric is super easy to work with as far as emails etc. I ended up buying 2 more esc's for friends back home. Great stuff.

Never got to say thanks Eric so here it is. THANKS MAN!

Cant wait to see you and Lemieux run the xb4.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

....Orca...xb4....

Last edited by Jamison R; 04-03-2013 at 01:54 PM. Reason: double post
Old 04-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamison R
Good to see you in the offroad forum Eric. I have owned EAM esc, battery and motor. I ran onroad at IIC this past October. I was not running the EA gear yet and was super slow. I did not have the power the other guys had. Running an Xray( he runs xray as well) I went to Eric and he not only sold me the right stuff, he wired up the speedo and motor. I went out with my new electronics in the car for my last qualifier of the event and picked up a whole lap. No joke. The Orca esc is truely top notch stuff. And Eric is super easy to work with as far as emails etc. I ended up buying 2 more esc's for friends back home. Great stuff.

Never got to say thanks Eric so here it is. THANKS MAN!

Cant wait to see you and Lemieux run the xb4.
Hey Jamison,

Good to hear from you! Thanks for the kind words! Ive been running off road and now have off road shorty packs and saddle packs coming some figured I should pop over on this side a little. The XB4 has been very good thus far. It held up great at the Crazy Psycho Nitro blast track. It was blown out and hard on equipment but held together long enough for me to win the 4wd class! Hope to see you at the track again!

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
thats pretty nice on the 4 pole 540 usability.

Ah, Didnt know about Josh leaving. Last I saw viper had him on the main page. I thought it was about carpet nats... No mater. I actually like the viper esc's. Kinda curious as to why Josh left. So he races for you now?
If you go to the onroad section Josh posted on my thread there about him leaving.

He runs my batteries and motors now. He actually bought the Speedo's motors and batteries for the Carpet nats out of his pocket and we have since worked it out for him to run it the rest of the year just as a friend helping friend thing. No contracts or anything like that. He wants to keep the fun in racing.

EA
Old 04-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Any idea when you will get more pics and inventory in stock.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Team EAM

Any idea when you will get more pics and inventory in stock.
Which pics do you need? I have my next batch of all the batteries shipping on the 13th and will have them around the 16th. Motors I have in stock. ORCA speedo's are shipping to me tomorrow and will have in a few days.

EA
Old 04-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I am planning on getting some of the 6500mah 70C 2S Lipo to run in my Mugen. Going to run 2x2 so I have plenty of run time and power for the 10 min mains.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Any video of the 4 wheel main at PNB?
Old 04-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Which pics do you need? I have my next batch of all the batteries shipping on the 13th and will have them around the 16th. Motors I have in stock. ORCA speedo's are shipping to me tomorrow and will have in a few days.

EA
lol, I was at your site poking around. Most sites give 3 to 4 views of the esc. So you can see where the sensor port its, does it have 2 sensor ports, how sturdy the switch looks, etc. Personally I would add more perspectives on the esc's. I tried to google and get a better look, but all I could find was your pictures and ones of the older model.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Team EAM

lol, I was at your site poking around. Most sites give 3 to 4 views of the esc. So you can see where the sensor port its, does it have 2 sensor ports, how sturdy the switch looks, etc. Personally I would add more perspectives on the esc's. I tried to google and get a better look, but all I could find was your pictures and ones of the older model.
Ah OK. I suck at taking pics but can take some of one when I get home. The sensor port is located on the back under the Solder tabs (Like an LRP is). It only has one port. The switch is really good and durable although I have broken one of the switch pieces off from an impact when I had it turned side ways on my TC and was tboned....but it also broke the servo ear off of my TC to so I would say any switch would have broken in that instance.

Thanks for your feedback and will implement some new pics.

EA
Old 04-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Prophet

yep, Just trying to give you some constructive feedback. For the price tag on those esc's you really want to show it off. If you have 1 mounted in a tlr 22 or b4, I would take a picture for these forums so people can see how it fits. For the website some multi perspective shots are nice. Also, I have no idea how that programmer works or what pc software is needed, but I would also suggest a couple how to videos on youtube. How to calibrate, how to use the program box and maybe a run through on the PC application if there is one. make one of those sponsored guys make the videos, lol. I vote Bob.....
Old 04-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Team EAM

I have one in my XB4 which is limited on space on that side. I'll snap some pics of it tonight.

There is no PC software needed or used. All programming is done through the hand held programmer and its the easiest of any I have used. Once you plug it in its pretty self explanatory really. They made it super easy on purpose.

The only time a PC is needed is if ORCA releases new software and then you can update it using the USB adapter. It also updates the program box if required at the same time. That also is really easy to do and takes seconds.

EA
Old 04-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Prophet

I saw the usb adapter and figured there must be software for flashing or even configuring the esc. Viper, Tekin, HW, SP and others have an application that updates firmware and allows PC configuration of the esc. I never use the pc for anything but firmware updates. But some people like it. I am sure the box is easy and I am sure I would have no issues. But others will, lol.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Good to see you getting everything going again EA. Good luck!

EA is top notch, not better guy to deal with IMHO. So, if he's backing it, you know it has to be good.

Oh, and that's some good feed back from Cyrul...impressive!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:01 AM
Team EAM

The factory said that the ORCA VX speedo's will handle up to a 4600KV 4 Pole motor for SCT. Just make sure and use the included fan on the speedo.

EA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.