last wednesday night club race:

1-Tekno
2-Tekno
3-Tekno
4-Tekno
5-Tekno
6-Losi
7-Losi

builtrc just got a big tenshock order in. EJ (Edgy) might not have had time to get them up on the site, but i know he has them in hand. shoot him an email.

[email protected]

I must say though local finishes like that don't mean much; our track has been losi in the top 1,2 for a while, position 3,4 goes back and forth between losi,ae,durango and 3 different tekno's. Motoroama, biggest e-race was losi 1,2; in fact most of the big races ytd have been losi (granted some have been w/ MIP).

I know two of our local tekno guys are forced to share a truck as neither could get parts for repair.. lol pretty funny. They will be back in stock, just saying :P I know 2 different guys who are going back to losi after running a 2.0; they were frustrated w/ the 1.0 went to tekno and just snagged 2.0's after driving them in the last week or so.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default What to do???

What to do? I had good luck with a modded 1.0, but was urged to get a SCT410 by the guy who was winning all the local races (sold the 1.0 within an hour). Got the Tekno pretty nice . . . but the the guy who is NOW the local fast guy let me drive his 2.0 after his TQ and all I can say is WOW! He drove my Tekno and was a second slower (perhaps due to setup). Do I retire my month-old SCT410 for the 2.0??? Some locals say the SCT410 will be better for the outdoors, but the 2.0 is better for the tighter, more technical indoor tracks. Constructive advice, please (BOTH are great vehicles, and great brands).

I hated the slop in the 1.0, even with the upgraded balls--that's one of the major reason I went with the Tekno.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSCFlash
I hated the slop in the 1.0, even with the upgraded balls--that's one of the major reason I went with the Tekno.
Well , all that slop/and looseness in the 1.0 chassis will still be there since this is essentially the same truck with just a chassis change and all the bling parts thrown on it ..... Take some time to get used to the Tekno and do a little tuning on it and you wont be disappointed .....
Old 04-01-2013, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree. I think race results really are a poor way to pick a truck for the average driver. Way too much depends on the driver when racing.

I chose Tekno not because they won a few races, but because the quality of the kit, the durability, and the tunability all seemed to favor the Tekno. I also think Tekno has a better track record when it comes to addressing problems with their product.

I'm happy with my decision, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't be just as happy with the Losi 2.0. Face it there are two really good race trucks to choose from and no one can make the decision for you on which one is the best. The good news is that you probably aren't going to go too far wrong no matter which one you choose.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Either truck can be successful. I had the losi and now have the tekno. It's all on the driver. I used to race motorcycles (road racing) and guys would ask me which bike is fastest. I would always say "all of them". They can all be competitive on the track (right off the showroom floor I might add). If you buy either one don't blame the truck if it's not fast. Blame the driver. I happen to like the Tekno for it's driveline layout and it's 1/8 beefiness. It runs cooler despite being 1/2 pound heavier. I still own my 1.0, albeit hopped up to 2.0 stats.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by virgilj
I agree. I think race results really are a poor way to pick a truck for the average driver. Way too much depends on the driver when racing.

I chose Tekno not because they won a few races, but because the quality of the kit, the durability, and the tunability all seemed to favor the Tekno. I also think Tekno has a better track record when it comes to addressing problems with their product.

I'm happy with my decision, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't be just as happy with the Losi 2.0. Face it there are two really good race trucks to choose from and no one can make the decision for you on which one is the best. The good news is that you probably aren't going to go too far wrong no matter which one you choose.
+1 you said it best. My original intent of the tekno was to have a higher quality car over losi and it has knocked the losi out of the park for that aspect and in speed.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Tekno SCT410 all day long my friend. Tekno has a top notch record when it comes to making running changes on there kits, there customer support is top notch as well. The losi 2.0 is a nice truck, but for the money and piece of mind Tekno is the big winner here. Losi leaves a lot to be desired these days IMO. I really don't think there is another SC or 1/8 buggy with the limitless tunability you get with Tekno I might add.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It seems to be like the age-old "Ford vs. Chevy" debate.

I just need to get the Tekno more comfortable for me, as I had the 1.0 pretty dialed. Ironically, we have a similar "Losi setup" on the Tekno and it is coming around. I won two qualifiers Sat, so we are getting there. I have only been in the sport since Thanksgiving. I am the 50-year-old guy racing against these youngsters, but I am having a blast!!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TazzxxZooksd
I have both w the same set ups and I will put it to u this way the losi I've some
SpeNt twice the amount of coin and it has become my backup! The tekno makese anyone look good! Besides the stub axle that tekno haswarrantied tekno is bullet proof bone stock!
If you have both with the same setup your doing it wrong.
I helped to build my friends Tekno and have to say the attention to detail and the engineering is amazing and it seems that no shortcuts have been made.
As for the 2.0 SCTE it looks more of an upgrade than something new. Along wit some old problems remaining because of the existing Losi ecosystem/businessmodel. It might be still enough and it might be a faster truck.

Will be interesting to see how my modded 1.0 works against the Tekno.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BSCFlash
It seems to be like the age-old "Ford vs. Chevy" debate.

I just need to get the Tekno more comfortable for me, as I had the 1.0 pretty dialed. Ironically, we have a similar "Losi setup" on the Tekno and it is coming around. I won two qualifiers Sat, so we are getting there. I have only been in the sport since Thanksgiving. I am the 50-year-old guy racing against these youngsters, but I am having a blast!!
In the end that's what this hobby is all about. Having an absolute blast!!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Why not Durango? Easily as fast as Losi maybe even faster. Weights about 2550gr , 200gr lighter than Losi 2.0 and 500gr lighter than Tekno. Less weight is better in racing.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Because the Durango will break if you look at it cross eyed ....
Old 04-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
Because the Durango will break if you look at it cross eyed ....
v2 with rpm arms is very durable.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
I must say though local finishes like that don't mean much; our track has been losi in the top 1,2 for a while, position 3,4 goes back and forth between losi,ae,durango and 3 different tekno's. Motoroama, biggest e-race was losi 1,2; in fact most of the big races ytd have been losi (granted some have been w/ MIP).

I know two of our local tekno guys are forced to share a truck as neither could get parts for repair.. lol pretty funny. They will be back in stock, just saying :P I know 2 different guys who are going back to losi after running a 2.0; they were frustrated w/ the 1.0 went to tekno and just snagged 2.0's after driving them in the last week or so.
oh i agree. means about as much as you saying that you've never been beaten by a tekno.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Bigbearfin
Why not Durango? Easily as fast as Losi maybe even faster. Weights about 2550gr , 200gr lighter than Losi 2.0 and 500gr lighter than Tekno. Less weight is better in racing.
Yea Durango on a big outdoor track is a no no lol i know somebody i race with who owned one last year and yes just looking at will break lol.

However on tight indoor tracks its a diffrent story there pretty good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.