Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 Scale Killing Machines

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Good point James . a turn marshaling briefing before the race would help a lot .
I and my son both got burned last summer by nitro buggys . neither of us wasnt thinking of the exhaust when we flipped them over (not to mention they was revving it up for whatever reason, which kept us from using the tires to flip it ).
Old 03-31-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

we run 1/8 scale e buggies at our indoor track here in nashville. the rd limits the class to 2s 1400kv and it's worked out pretty well so far. we've had some big races and no one's gotten hurt. i've been hit by every other class from 2wd buggy to 4wd sct. i've recieved an award for marshall of the year. my advice is just show some patience with those that are less experienced in driving and marshalling. help them teach them
Old 03-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Its simple guys if you know who the guys are that are driving crazy just have a talk with them not yelling just explaining to them how to control there throttle and racing on the track If you dont they will never get it .

Mentioning of that i had to have a talk with a young guy who rammed my 4x4 SC truck when i was in the lead. No yelling or anything just telling him to stop doing it and calm down he said it wasnt on purpose so it was chill.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rawwolf
My local indoor track just this past winter season allowed e buggies to run on the electric days. This was a hard fought battle to even get them in the door. The ebuggy drivers need to police themselves in regards to bad/out of control drivers. The ebuggy/truggy bashers would make it a game of breaking the 10th scales during practice days. they weeded out those that wish to create carnage and built up a nice following and turn out for E-buggies. They dont allow kids to marshal 1/8th scale and they have their own practice times to help everyone get safe clean practice. I have been hit with a b4 while marshaling. It was down behind the triple when I looked for traffic, I got to the down car then bam. Broken pinky. Driver felt really bad about it but was just one of those things that happened. I find that the 4x4 sc drivers are more out of control than the e-buggy guys.
Sorry to hear about your pinky. I agree with your last statement about the 4x4 sct guys. I drive an 1/8 buggy and 4wd sct scare me more then other 1/8 scales.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Good point James . a turn marshaling briefing before the race would help a lot .
I and my son both got burned last summer by nitro buggys . neither of us wasnt thinking of the exhaust when we flipped them over (not to mention they was revving it up for whatever reason, which kept us from using the tires to flip it ).
Nitro guys have to rev the engines to keep the motor running. If they don't it won't stay on. One more reason I'm glad I run electric.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Yea .... Not like some of these folks do . I mean 20-40% OK I understand but 80-100% for 5sec can't be good upside down ....
Old 03-31-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yea blippin the throttle on a nitro is understandable... I know exactly what Justin is talking about,, those that pin the gas to "get your attention". Who wants to grab a screaming 1/8th scale or truggy with pizza cutters for tires?

That was another point we tried to make at turn marshal meetings.. If the thing is screamin wide open let it sit till they let off the gas. We understand needing a lil gas to keep it hummin just don't gag it!!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

that isn't the point of this thread. i think we all know the difference between blipping the gas with a nitro to keep running and being outta control with a e-buggy on a small indoor track.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora La Reina de Los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula, California, Unites States of America
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

RC can be dangerous, hate seeing 4yr olds trying to marshall. Stupid. Don't do that, parents. Kids under 12yrs old or so trying to have fun marshaling is dangerous, see it all the time. I've seen kids get hit and hurt. Adults too, even a concussion while marshaling the races. It's too bad something bad needs to happen before rules get strict.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lagcisco
RC can be dangerous, hate seeing 4yr olds trying to marshall. Stupid. Don't do that, parents. Kids under 12yrs old or so trying to have fun marshaling is dangerous, see it all the time. I've seen kids get hit and hurt. Adults too, even a concussion while marshaling the races. It's too bad something bad needs to happen before rules get strict.
Took a SC to the ribs this weekend just spectating, do I bame the driver, not really lol...if I wasn't yapping to the guy beside me not paying attention I would've been able to do my best Neo impression and dodge that bullet
Old 03-31-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

What drives me crazy is the idiots that start flipping and just pin the throttle and hope it ends on the wheels. Its people like that that need to be banned from racing!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
I think what you meant to say was:

Good point James, a turn marshal breifing before the race would help a lot. Last summer my son and I got burned by nitro buggies. Neither of us were thinking about the hot exhaust when we flipped the cars over. Not to mention, for whatever reason, they were revving their engines, which prevented us from picking up the cars by the tires.

Originally Posted by Reubster24
What drives me crazy is the idiots that start flipping and just pin the throttle and hope it ends on the wheels. Its people like that that need to be banned from racing!
Those people have just got good at crashing. Some of us are good drivers, some are good crashers. Most people just don't have a racers mentality. It takes a certain wherewithal, to see when you are making a mistake that is going to lead to a crash, and be able to correct it before things get out of control. Car is out of control? Punch it and go for the big jump anyway.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

My local track

http://rcexcitement.handruin.com/ind...?topic=10862.0
Old 03-31-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Come on guys really ive turnmarshalled 1/8 scale E-Buggys before never got hit in the head . I been racing outdoors for a while turn marshalling E-Buggys and Nitro ones once again never got hit in the head just the ackle in a corner thats it it happends.

When i see a Buggy or Truck down i always look behind me when im picking one up and if one is wrecked on a double or triple. If there is some coming ready to hit it il leave it there intill its safe i dont care if the driver is mad or not !

Thats why people have got hit in the head is because they think i have to get this car right away even if the other guys are close bad move ! Use common sense.

Like i said its at your own risk period !

So lets not get this mainstream please god knows the Gov and Lawyers like to ruin everything
Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think it also comes down to track layouts, if you have long straights followed by big jumps, there will be carnage. But if you can tame down the jumps and make the track tighter and more technical, then you less the chance of someone getting hurt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.