Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-Maxx HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default E-Maxx HELP!!

Two weeks ago I bought a brand new RTR Traxxas E-Maxx with the Castle Mamba Brushless motor. I've driven it a few days a couple hours max and has been great, mainly hole-shots (pavement). Yesterday I was screwing around with it for about 10 minutes (25degree Michigan weather) and it feels like it is "slipping" on hard accell, to the point it won't even lift the front wheels on pavement. This car with my Li-po batteries will pull the wheels up at 50mph and now makes a slipping/clicking noise and then will kick in and pull tires up at about 15-20mph. Does ANYONE have any idea if this sounds like slipper clutch adjustment? Or spur gear damaged? Any help will be appreciated.
Thx
NewEmaxxR
Old 03-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Slipper is too loose. See your manual on how to adjust it. Try another 1/8 of a turn in if you still find it too loose.

Clicking noises are bad, but it could be just driveline lash when the slipper finally grabs.

The 'Maxx line of trucks have known problematic diffs if beat on without reinforcement. A search through the Monster Truck forum here on RCT with the terms "E-Maxx" should give you a lot of reading material and things to look out for, along with a solid upgrade path.

Good to see another E-Maxx owner out there, too. I love mine.