Search

SC10 vs Blitz - Control in the air

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 02:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default SC10 vs Blitz - Control in the air

Hi there,

I have an RTR HPI Blitz and TWO Associated SC10 factory team trucks. What I've noticed is that neither of the SC10s can even come close to matching the blitz for in air pitch control. The Blitz will respond very very well in flight to both throttle and brakes and I can land some fairly large jumps without much issue.
The Sc10s on the other hand, both of which are set up differently, are very hard to control. I cannot pitch up or pitch down very much at all. Add the parachuting affect and I'm finding the Blitz, in spite of being an RTR, running an inferior esc and speedy AND running far inferior tyres to provide for easier and I believe faster laps.

What can I do to improve the pitch control on the sc10?

Cheers.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well, a lot of pitch control in mid-air with Shortcourse trucks is the body. also the weight of the body too, can play a large role.
you could try venting the bodies, cut out some holes in the hood, and in the rear.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

it's also 2wd you're not going to get a whole lot of mid air pitch control even less cause you're dealing with short course
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

how much heavier are the tires on the blitz versus the SC10's? With the crappy heavy rubber, you may find you can pitch it easier.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

The body is def the key....I have an sc10 with the vented body and it does just as well on the blitz if I use the body on the blitz
Old 03-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
well, a lot of pitch control in mid-air with Shortcourse trucks is the body. also the weight of the body too, can play a large role.
you could try venting the bodies, cut out some holes in the hood, and in the rear.
I've actually tried with the bodies completely off too. Even naked, the blitz is noticeably better,

Originally Posted by Cain
how much heavier are the tires on the blitz versus the SC10's? With the crappy heavy rubber, you may find you can pitch it easier.
More or less the same actually. Blitz running trenchers on the rear, slicers on the front. Sc10 A running sub cultures on the rear, calibers on the front. Sc10 B running trenchers on the rear, calibers on the front.

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
The body is def the key....I have an sc10 with the vented body and it does just as well on the blitz if I use the body on the blitz
The blitz parachutes a LOT less generally speaking, but as above, the in air pitch control is markedly better on the blitz without bodies on any of the three.

If I can get the sc10s jumping as well as the blitz I'll be a very happy man, as they're better in every other department at the moment, if only owing to better electronics.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Well I haven't tried without the body cause u don't wanna be doin things without a body or getting used to it cause u cant run a truck without the body in a race lol....but yeah i will try mine just to try it