Wiki Posts
Search

Torn between 2wd buggies

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Cancel what out?? I was saying that the B4.2 comes with every upgrade you would need in the box. The 22 seems to want to have the kingpins, aluminum rear camber block, aluminum battery mount, aluminum front pivot(or brass shim) all added in addition to the kit. that takes the $270 kit and pushes it into the $350 range.
$350? I added it all up for mine for my sale thread. Try about $600 if you want it 100% like what the "pro" setups call for.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DanielC.
$350? I added it all up for mine for my sale thread. Try about $600 if you want it 100% like what the "pro" setups call for.
I was going on the bare minimum side but still trying to do basics...if you want a pro level 22...its up there. You want a pro level b4.2, open the box.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Don't want to be like other people ? We had 329 racers today, the guy who won 2ws ran a Schumacher, 2wO was won by a Kyosho (i think). When I was in the market for a new buggy I bought all of them and settled on the Kyosho because it drove differently and thats all that mattered to me. Compatibility and support aren't a concern for me as they might be for you. AE or Losi is a nobrainer but boring.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by asc6000
Don't want to be like other people ? We had 329 racers today, the guy who won 2ws ran a Schumacher, 2wO was won by a Kyosho (i think). When I was in the market for a new buggy I bought all of them and settled on the Kyosho because it drove differently and thats all that mattered to me. Compatibility and support aren't a concern for me as they might be for you. AE or Losi is a nobrainer but boring.
It's merely the part support at my track that makes these two my candidates.

Matt's statement of what it takes to get the losi to a "pro level" and the associated, essentially, already being that is very intriguing to me. Not because I'm some super pro racer, or anything. That just seems to make sense to get the "better" option.

Definitely a big score for AE.

thanks
Old 03-24-2013, 07:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

This is hilarious. Started with AE, switched to Losi. Just sold my 22sct today and having a firesale on two 22B's and a 22T in favor of the new AE rides.

The TLR is an excellent platform and can hang with the AE's with the right setup, but the driving style is completely different. The AE is easier with regard to setup and is a little easier on the wallet. The one thing the TLR has which the AE does not is that it's built like a TANK.
Tell me about it! Same thing here with a few Kyoshos thrown in there.
I like my 22T though and have about 25 or 30 prs of tires, so right no I am stuck with the 22T... The T4.2 looks pretty fast right now!

I will get the B4.2 and see how well I like it, if it is so much better... IDK...
Old 03-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Have you looked at the X Factory X - 6 Squared? If you are new to buggy you'll find it the easiest car to drive fast. All the front end parts, those which break most often, are AE, so parts are not an issue. And you get support from the factory far above anything else.

Most who go from any rear motor car to the X - 6 Squared go 1/2 to 3/4 sec per lap faster right out of the box, and enjoy their racing more. That's the key for us -- we do this hobby for fun.

Of course I'm biased, but check our Fan Mail on the web site and check us on FB. http://xfactoryrc.com/rc/fanmail.php

You also might check our thread here on RCTech: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ising-bar.html
Old 03-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
Have you looked at the X Factory X - 6 Squared? If you are new to buggy you'll find it the easiest car to drive fast. All the front end parts, those which break most often, are AE, so parts are not an issue. And you get support from the factory far above anything else.

Most who go from any rear motor car to the X - 6 Squared go 1/2 to 3/4 sec per lap faster right out of the box, and enjoy their racing more. That's the key for us -- we do this hobby for fun.

Of course I'm biased, but check our Fan Mail on the web site and check us on FB. ]
Will definitely consider it as a candidate, thanks for the info!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thecman26
Tell me about it! Same thing here with a few Kyoshos thrown in there.
I like my 22T though and have about 25 or 30 prs of tires, so right no I am stuck with the 22T... The T4.2 looks pretty fast right now!

I will get the B4.2 and see how well I like it, if it is so much better... IDK...
I will tell you, I drove a local racer's box stock T4.2 on a low bite track and could not have been happier. +-.5 seconds consistency for an entire qualifier the first time driving it. I'm sold.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I love the AE platform and the fact they share a large majority of the parts is a bonus. The b4.2 is a great buggy and very consistant from run to run and responds very well to set up changes. When I ran a 22 for a short time I always felt like I had to finess it around the track. The B4 I can drive much harder,faster in the turns and its very predictable. AE definately has my vote!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

This is hilarious. Started with AE, switched to Losi. Just sold my 22sct today and having a firesale on two 22B's and a 22T in favor of the new AE rides.

The TLR is an excellent platform and can hang with the AE's with the right setup, but the driving style is completely different. The AE is easier with regard to setup and is a little easier on the wallet. The one thing the TLR has which the AE does not is that it's built like a TANK.
I own both. TLR22 built like and tank and sometimes handles great, sometimes not. The b4 is more fragile if you like to hit pipes, but its way easier to setup and drive. I think they are both good, but the 22 will requires more tuning and learning for you, the b4 is really easy to setup and drive.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

I think both are good but i feel the losi feels abit more stable but feel the ae is easier to drive harder and faster but the losi fits my driving style and i feel its more consistent for me.But sometimes find its hard not to buy the b4.2 on the shelf at work
Old 03-25-2013, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

And the mid motor option.i drove a friends mid motor on our med-high bite yesterday and the car was way easier to drive(for me) than my sons b4.1.5
Old 03-25-2013, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

what you really want is an RB5 sp2 wc
Old 03-25-2013, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

first thing I would do before I even make a choice of what buggy to buy. is get rid of the sensorless EZRUN combo you'd described and get a decent sensored setup

You say you want to get back in to racing. I would not use a sensorless setup
Old 03-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I agree with not buying sensorless. These days it just doesn't make sense, specially for
2wd.
This is what I have in my 2wd Buggy(Combo XS1A), 2wd SCT(Combo XS1A) , 4wd Buggy (Combo XS1A) , TC(Combo XS5A), VTA (Combo XS6A). For the dollar you can not go wrong. Great performance and realiability and price is great as well.

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...combo-for-1-10
For the buggy I would be buying Combo XS1A

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.