Cobalt Question

Old 05-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Cobalt Question

Hey 2 questions. First is my Cobalt doesnt have the marking for the timing so how can I set my timing? Second is what are you guys running your timing at in offroad on the cobalt for a 12 turn?
Thanks in Advance
Josh
Old 05-04-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

in my 2wd with my 12X2, and in my truck I run a 11X2 with around 15 degrees of timing
Old 05-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok. I got a motor from br00d but the sticker isnt on it so how do I know how to set the timing i wonder?
Josh
Old 05-05-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

to find zero on the can:
from the bottom of the can, go from the center of the motor mounting screw holes up along side of the can and it will align with a divit close to the top of the can. This divit serves two purposes, first it retains the locking ring of the endbell and second is a second mark for zero.

Timing marks already on endball:
on the side of the endbell, there is a small lip that is visible when the endbell in mounted to the can, and it has 3 marks molded on it near the endbell screws that are used to secure the locking ring. One is a sharp point and the other two are just grooves. The sharp point marks zero and each groove marks 12 degrees.

To set the timing at roughly 12-15 degrees:
Once you have the endbell on the can, oriented correctly for proper rotation, align the endbell mounting screw with the center of the divit on the side of the can. Then you will rotate the endbell counter clockwise until the first mark is just past the center of the divit(roughly 1/32 past the center). This will give you the 15 degrees of timing.