Search

Vintage RC10

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)
Default Vintage RC10

Hey guys,

I figured I would post here before creating a account on the RC10 vintage forum.

Are these worth the price the seller has listed them for? It appears they are the 'Cadillac' version of the RC10 line up. My father has been looking for AE vintage cars but since he is not too computer savvy I am doing as much research as I can for him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360612248727...84.m1423.l2649

I definitely will be keeping one for myself and also be giving one to my father. He had one when he first got into R/C cars but that car is long gone and this will definitely bring back memories if I were to win the auction. They will not be opened and strictly kept as a collector's item.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skengines
Hey guys,

I figured I would post here before creating a account on the RC10 vintage forum.

Are these worth the price the seller has listed them for? It appears they are the 'Cadillac' version of the RC10 line up. My father has been looking for AE vintage cars but since he is not too computer savvy I am doing as much research as I can for him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360612248727...84.m1423.l2649

I definitely will be keeping one for myself and also be giving one to my father. He had one when he first got into R/C cars but that car is long gone and this will definitely bring back memories if I were to win the auction. They will not be opened and strictly kept as a collector's item.

Any input is appreciated.
New in box, I've seen those kits go in the $600 range but prices can vary like a yo-yo.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

RC10's can sell for $60 (used) to $600 NIB. I wouldn't pay more than that because they do show up and if you're patient you can get it for less. There are plenty close to new RC10's in the 100-200 range that show up.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Even for 6 brand new that price is still expensive. Maybe 2200 for all
Old 03-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow. That is way overpriced. Like everyone
Is saying you can get them for like $500-$600 nib when you do find one. Don't run into a nib to often though. I see them everyday from like $50-$150 used on Craigslist though. Even if you don't find one close to you, look everywhere. Even other states. When I sold my RC10 gt a guy in AZ bought it that collects them and im in CA. We just made arrangements on PayPal and I sent it to him. Worked out good for both of us.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)

Thanks for the input guys.

What I didn't want was to overpay for a NIB kit. I'll look around more and see what I can find.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Although I agree the lot you showed was a bit high in price. I do feel its not way off, you would be paying for the fact that its a still sealed distributor box. Where else would you ever see six of those older kits all together like that. Kinda cool.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The only thing unusual about that deal is the sealed carton. Doesn't double/triple the value to me. If it was a carton of ASC6000 early Edingers I would be tempted, at half the asking price.
For the best source of vintage RC10 info go to http://www.rc10talk.com/index.php?si...45961099142319 but DO NOT ask about values... you will get booted. They do not like fly by night flippers. Rightly so imo.
Gotta say, a sealed carton would be the bomb. I have an unsealed one already.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I agree with Joel, in that a sealed box of 6, just means I would have 6 NIP cars. I don't personally hold or see any value in THAT box being unopened... but that is just me. That is the hard part about vintage RC stuff, is that it really is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. I highly doubt you will see that case of cars sell for anywhere near 5k.. maybe 3k, but once again, I am just expressing what I find the value to be. There may be somebody out there that has no issues at all spending that kind of money on the case, somebody with a lot of disposable income.. but that guy isn't me... and with that said, I typically have NO issues spending a LOT of money on classic vintage RC cars (I collect them).
Old 03-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by joelwhite
Although I agree the lot you showed was a bit high in price. I do feel its not way off, you would be paying for the fact that its a still sealed distributor box. Where else would you ever see six of those older kits all together like that. Kinda cool.
And what does that get you?
Nothing.

It might be a rare find, but it's still just six cars in a cardboard box.
And at that price, even selling the individually, you'd never recoup your month.

Buying a "lot" like that decreases their value, not the other way around.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobEE
And what does that get you?
Nothing.

It might be a rare find, but it's still just six cars in a cardboard box.
And at that price, even selling the individually, you'd never recoup your month.

Buying a "lot" like that decreases their value, not the other way around.
In that case buying anythign vintage gets you nothing but a pile of old parts. Like others have said, its worth what someone is willing to pay. I think its cool.

Maybe they are even greenpan cars at this point if the batteries in the box have gone the way of the doe-doe.

I just think its cool.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by joelwhite
In that case buying anythign vintage gets you nothing but a pile of old parts. Like others have said, its worth what someone is willing to pay. I think its cool.

Maybe they are even greenpan cars at this point if the batteries in the box have gone the way of the doe-doe.

I just think its cool.
I think it's cool too, a neat find.
But I don't pay for cool or neat (unless it's really cool, this isn't) , and being as more and more of these nib gold pans keep popping up the prices keep dropping as they're turning out to not be that rare after all.
They only made, what, 10 million or something?

It's like Model-A Fords. They might be old, but they're not really worth anything because so many were produced and so many are still in circulation.
It's also like someone mentioned in another thread, considering the parts availability still someone can build one from parts fore half the asking price these usually go for.

I just tend to think this seller was shooting for the moon, and I'll be surprised if they even get one bid. But who knows, "a fool and his money are soon parted."