Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the best overa[[ 10 scale 4x4 buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The magazines should do a giant shootout. I have owned many 4wd and lots at the same time. Bash and track and was comparing lap times. My two cents:
Lazer: Drove well, took abuse well, a little pricey, best shocks, I like aluminum or carbon over the molded chassis--more bling factor
DEX410: Needs the tresrey upgrades or else breaks alot, best jumper 1/10 I've had, MOST FUN to drive, but harder to get dialed and slowest lap times of the group, sadly.
TRF511: Fastest lap times, smooth, durable, EXPENSIVE and hard to get parts made it tiresome.
B44.1: Easy to drive, boring car, breaks easy, but easiest to get parts for
Team C T4: Favorite car, most fun and best combo of durability, jumping, and lap times. Wish I kept it, but parts were frustrating to get!
Schumacher K1: Becoming new favorite, Smooth, durable, easy to drive, jumps well, easy to work on.
Money no object I might try to do up another DEX410, but parts were a pain for it as well as I had the V3 when it first came out. The Yokomo sounds like the best of all worlds right now and parts are on amain. Belt is smooth so I recommend K1 as well. All these cars are good just depends on how good you are at getting them set up for your track.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Rc car mags don't do shootouts because there can only be one winner and the rest of the manufacturers aren't happy. They figure if they're paying with their advertisement dollars they should always come out.on top. Haven't you noticed that every review in rcca is not critical at all, or minimizes the weak points. Advertising $ at work.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default Best 4wd 1/10 buggy

These threads end up being just like rcca. "They are all good, but I like....." In a great driver's hands, anything can win and will look great. For us sportsman, the best car at this point is the xray. It is tough as nails, doesn't need any hopups, has a very efficient drivetrain, and it doesn't develop slop. I have had one that I bought second hand for close to a year, and I have still not broken or bent a single part. The car has not developed slop, and still runs great.

Xrays are expensive at the start, but they are cheap in th long run. The other great thing is that it uses 1/8 drive pins that are replaceable.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've never seen an XRAY in person but the specs and features on their website make the car look very well thought out and designed.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Don't count out the caster s10b v3.5 it's a great car just as capable as any other kit out there.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mydudrevo
Don't count out the caster s10b v3.5 it's a great car just as capable as any other kit out there.
I know what it looks like for people reading this, two caster drivers saying a caster car is good. Yawn right?

Except, I work with the car all the time and see no point in not being honest. I really like our car. Its different, durable, and really fast. It may be a tad harder to drive on some tracks because its a little shorter than most, but it isn't bad by any means. The car needs no upgrades because it already has everything, its just better to buy some tuning options like extra pistons and extra arms and whatever. Parts aren't bad at all, but you do have to buy online. The biggest issue is the out drive wear. We are working on a solution to the diff out drives and they are nearly done, and the center rear wear is solved by a simple boot and some grease.

The biggest thing for me is we have no where to go but up. We've been doing this for awhile but didn't really start being competitive till the beginning of this year. Our quality is getting better all the time, and our team is growing.

I've driven the grand majority of the 4wds, and spent a little more time with the Durango. The Durango seems really good, but it is just a tad slower until you find that magic setup. Really the only thing I didn't like was the larger than normal hexes because you can't use your buddies tires. That and you are kind of limited not having vertical ball studs.

Last edited by rcboy1; 12-26-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

hotbodies d413 anyone?