R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   T3 turning radius differences L and R? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/71016-t3-turning-radius-differences-l-r.html)

oMONSTERo 05-02-2005 07:25 AM

T3 turning radius differences L and R?

How do I equalize the turning radius? Is it a servo centering thing? Ive done that on X-MODS. Would that be fairly similar? Or could it be something else? Ive set everything i could find in the manual back to stock specs.
Thanks

jbrow1 05-02-2005 08:56 AM

Try pulling the servo horn off and recentering the servo. Install the horn back on with the radio and truck elec on. Or make sure turnbuckles are all the same, epa's on radio. Could be alot of things. Usually taking it apart and checking/redoing stuff will correct it.

oMONSTERo 05-02-2005 04:30 PM

Clarification.....

Quote: "Or make sure turnbuckles are all the same, epa's on radio."

Could you explain that so a newbie can understand? I havent even tried to figure out all the stuff on the radio. I have a Jaguar 8217. Could I find a manual for it online, like I did for tyhe truck itself? I only know about the throttle and steering trim because they have that stuff on X-MODS.

Thanks

jbrow1 05-02-2005 04:52 PM

Re: Clarification.....

Originally posted by oMONSTERo
Quote: "Or make sure turnbuckles are all the same, epa's on radio."

Could you explain that so a newbie can understand? I havent even tried to figure out all the stuff on the radio. I have a Jaguar 8217. Could I find a manual for it online, like I did for tyhe truck itself? I only know about the throttle and steering trim because they have that stuff on X-MODS.

Thanks

The turnbuckles are the rods that the ballcups are on, and connect the different steering parts. The ones going from the steering rack to the blocks on the outside that turn the wheels should have about the same amount of threads showing on each side. Meaning if the left outside one has an 1/8 inch of thread showing, the right side one should have similar. I don't think the jaguar has epa's on it. You may find a manual at associated's website for it.

Most likely it's just steering is out of alignment. Do you have to adjust the steering trim way to one side to make it drive straight? If so that will make the turning more limited in one direction. I'd start by taking off the servo horn, center the trim on the radio, and remount the servo horn with everything turned on. Then adjust your turnbuckles so the wheels point straight ahead. I think the new issue of extreme r/c has an article of setting your linkages properly this month. Might want to check that out.

oMONSTERo 05-04-2005 05:02 AM

More....

Quote: "Most likely it's just steering is out of alignment. Do you have to adjust the steering trim way to one side to make it drive straight? If so that will make the turning more limited in one direction."

Not "too" much, BUT. I played around with some of the buttons/knobs on the controller and got some better steering. I mostly adjusted a little black "dial" right behind the trigger on the right side. Now it turns a little better the OTHER direction. Im sorry this is so newbish, I just dont want to take any chances with this truck, as its not ALL mine.
Could I get some more detailed explainations of the button/switches on this radio (Jaguar 8217)? Theres the one I discussed earlier, 4 on the back right side of the remote (ST.TRIM, and TH.TRIM on bottom, and TH.ATV has TWO knobs (1 HI, 1 LOW). On the back of the radio there are 2 recessed switches labeled ST and TH, they each have a N or a R setting.

Thanks for your patience

oMONSTERo 05-05-2005 06:42 AM

Help me out

Someone please explain all the buttons, switches, and dials on this radio.
Probably center that servo today. Or at least this w/end.

Thanks