Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
ofna mbx converted from nitro to brushless >

ofna mbx converted from nitro to brushless

ofna mbx converted from nitro to brushless

Old 02-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Default ofna mbx converted from nitro to brushless

this is my first post on this forum. I have been sick of all the nitro head aches and decided to do something about it with my ofna. i love the car so i converted it. used a lx1e battery box/servo mount/motor mount. it worked good i had to drill 4 holes. motor mount should arrive tomorrow so i can finish it up. i was going to put a mamba monster 2 in it, but i just bought a rc8.2e so when my mamba comes in i'm going to do a motor swap in my rc8 and use that motor in my ofna. it should get it! 4s powered ofna mbx-e! next is to convert my mt1

tell me what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails ofna mbx converted from nitro to brushless-photo.jpg   ofna mbx converted from nitro to brushless-image.jpeg   ofna mbx converted from nitro to brushless-image-01.jpeg   ofna mbx converted from nitro to brushless-image-02.jpeg  
Old 02-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I did the same with one of my old Jammin X1Cr's... I think Nitro is a pain and I have more fun with electric... Some love Nitro.... to each his own.... have fun....
Old 03-01-2013, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Once you get your motor mounted see if you have room for the esc to live behind the motor. Probably will and it should balance the chassis better with a shorter path for the motor wires as well.

Depending on the weight if your pack and motor. May balance better left or right side. Before you wire it up and mount the esc, mount the motor, put you pack in and see if it balances better with the esc left of right.
Not an exact science, but close enough... tie some fishing line or string between the two towers and pick it up near the center. Leans left or right? Move esc accordingly.

Have fun with your e buggy!

Last edited by fq06; 03-01-2013 at 06:36 AM.