Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie needs some tips

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbie needs some tips

I've had rc cars before like the Tyco Bandit and Air Hog hyper active but never a hobby grade. I just bought a Traxxas Rustler to see if I would still enjoy it. I have feel head over hills. I want something more competitive but I know need to up my skill level first. Does anyone have any driving tips or suspension upgrades for better drivability? I'll try and go fast later.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Call your local track and ask what tires and compound work best for stadium truck. Get those.

Go to your local track during practice hours / day. Slow is fast, learn how to keep the rubber side down and repeat until you get comfortable keeping pace or anywhere close to pace with the other drivers.

Enter a race, they should have a catch all beginner class that you can run anything in.

Once you have seen the different types of buggies & trucks they are running get the one you like. You will really enjoy a competition level vehicle once you get the hang of driving.

1st and foremost, have fun!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fq06
Call your local track and ask what tires and compound work best for stadium truck. Get those.

Go to your local track during practice hours / day. Slow is fast, learn how to keep the rubber side down and repeat until you get comfortable keeping pace or anywhere close to pace with the other drivers.

Enter a race, they should have a catch all beginner class that you can run anything in.

Once you have seen the different types of buggies & trucks they are running get the one you like. You will really enjoy a competition level vehicle once you get the hang of driving.

1st and foremost, have fun!

no one could have said it better then that
Old 02-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We have a guy running a Rustler that is very capable of winning the Sportsman class.
Just go race and learn, you'll find your way.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

1+ race what you got