Community
Wiki Posts
Search

convert a mr4tc to bc or a xxx-s to xxx4

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default convert a mr4tc to bc or a xxx-s to xxx4

now that i got a yokomo mr4tc special my mr4tc pro and xxx-s are just sitting around doing nothing. so i thought i might convert one to buggy and give offroad a go. could someone please give me some info on converting each car. also which one do you think would be better. the track is indoors and a really hard clay so i dont think debris will be a problem to the drivetrain but what about the suspension and durability. also would one be more expensive to convert.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

To convert your TC to a BC needs suspension arms, shocks, springs, shock towers, turnbuckles, the front bulkhead, bumper and gearbox mouldings, body and wing.

The BC also uses a wider rear belt and steel rear diff outdrives for durability.

In the UK, the buggy's retailing for just £99 now - if you have a similar deal going in oz, it would be cheaper to buy a BC, and just fit you're favourite Pro parts on it as you build it.

(Look at my site).

the xxx-4's are obviously at prototype stage, so you can be pretty creative in the way you build it.

the basic layout is the xxx-s drivetrain, and the xx-4 suspension, with custom hinge-pin holders, and shock towers, then whatever body you can get your hands on that will somehow cover the boxy chassis.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

I would go for the xxx-s to xxx4 conversion. sealed drivetrain( alot less maintenence)
Old 08-07-2002, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

If you buy the MR4-BC then that has a sealed drivetrain too. However, since the shell is sealed with velcro I have yet to have any ingress of dust or water or anything into my MR4-BC.

I would go for the BC. At just £99 you will have a buggy that handles really well and you can upgrade it loads. The main mods to make are ballraces (you have a ballraced car already so you could use those), Worlds top deck (again you will have one close enough to that), and you could even use the chassis from your touring car too.

As sosidge says, visit his website it is really helpful and full of excellent tips on building and modifying your car.