Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Vant Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We have been running Vant batteries for well over 6 months now and not a single issue. We run the shorties in 2wd buggy, and couldn't be happier.

A true testimant that you don't have to spend 100$ to have a great pack.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by captain_brew
Just got mine in the Mail on Tuesday. Ran them last time. Just as good of a pack as anything else i've ran. (revtech, reedy, turnigy, crc). We'll see how long they last, but I'm satisfied with the 2 4000mah shorty packs i Purchased from DirtcheapRc.com.
Originally Posted by Captcha
We have been running Vant batteries for well over 6 months now and not a single issue. We run the shorties in 2wd buggy, and couldn't be happier.
A true testimant that you don't have to spend 100$ to have a great pack.
That's great to hear guys. Thank you for your input and support. We are trying very hard to get the word out about our batteries for the exact same reasons you mention. Price. Performance. Reliability.

Kind Regards,
Chris
Old 11-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

It's important to note what type of battery is being commented on.

I purchased a Vant 5000mAh 4s a few weeks ago (11/6/2013), and I'm already having problems with it. The battery has less than ten cycles on it. Cell #1 and cell #2 won't fully charge. They go up to 3.8 volts and that's it. Cell #3 and #4 go up to 4.2 volts. I always balance charge the battery; never straight charge. I run LiPo voltage monitors on my batteries so I know I have not run them down too far. This means the battery poops out prematurely since I have my alarm set at 3.2 volts.

At this time, the jury is still out!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i run a 2S shorty 75C I think in my stock buggy, great pack, no issues
Old 11-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fivepointnine
i run a 2S shorty 75C I think in my stock buggy, great pack, no issues
Same pack, same class, no issues so far!
Old 11-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Good results today while waiting for turkey. On my 4s Vant battery, I charged the two cells that were low up to the same as the others using my charger set up for 1s and charged the two cells individually through the balance connector. Had to periodically stop to see if the voltage matched the other cells. Now the battery will fully charge as 4s. Ran three full charge/discharge cycles. Worked as it should. I'm happy.

Note that I'm using a hard case ROAR approved Vant on my quadcopter. This is a new thing for copters. Most people are using soft case LiPos. I'm done damaging batteries when the machine crashes. I'll pay the extra weight penalty to have a battery that lasts!

Moral of the story. Most balance chargers that have a charge connection and a balance connection will charge all cells at the same rate. Some chargers will stop prematurely and not allow a full charge. To "balance" the cells, they discharge a high cell through the balance charger connection (well they are supposed to work that way).

Will be ordering more Vant batteries as needed!
Old 11-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

any chance of these becoming roar legal?

I have 2. tryied in 8th scale and couldn't get the runtime, run fine in my 2wd buggy. send a question to vant and no response. but no problems run pack after pack. 20min of runtime on a shortie. my sone could run 30 min +
Old 12-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by twbrkfd1
It's important to note what type of battery is being commented on.

I purchased a Vant 5000mAh 4s a few weeks ago (11/6/2013), and I'm already having problems with it. The battery has less than ten cycles on it. Cell #1 and cell #2 won't fully charge. They go up to 3.8 volts and that's it. Cell #3 and #4 go up to 4.2 volts. I always balance charge the battery; never straight charge. I run LiPo voltage monitors on my batteries so I know I have not run them down too far. This means the battery poops out prematurely since I have my alarm set at 3.2 volts.

At this time, the jury is still out!
Originally Posted by twbrkfd1
Good results today while waiting for turkey. On my 4s Vant battery, I charged the two cells that were low up to the same as the others using my charger set up for 1s and charged the two cells individually through the balance connector. Had to periodically stop to see if the voltage matched the other cells. Now the battery will fully charge as 4s. Ran three full charge/discharge cycles. Worked as it should. I'm happy.

Note that I'm using a hard case ROAR approved Vant on my quadcopter. This is a new thing for copters. Most people are using soft case LiPos. I'm done damaging batteries when the machine crashes. I'll pay the extra weight penalty to have a battery that lasts!

Moral of the story. Most balance chargers that have a charge connection and a balance connection will charge all cells at the same rate. Some chargers will stop prematurely and not allow a full charge. To "balance" the cells, they discharge a high cell through the balance charger connection (well they are supposed to work that way).

Will be ordering more Vant batteries as needed!
We sell a lot of batteries and this is not unheard of. But it is a rarity. A LiPo battery takes about 4-7 cycles before it will output its full potential. The issue/culprit in this situation seems to be the fact that some of the LiPo cells within your pack are requiring more cycles before they come to life. Good call on charging each cell individually. I am very glad to know that you are having great results with the pack now. Let us know if we can help w/ anything in the future.

And you are correct about the balance charging. Balancing works by discharging the highest cell(s) through the balance leads. But each charger on the market has different tolerances for how long it will attempt to balance before giving up and also what voltage difference constitutes an imbalance. Though I would certainly agree that a voltage difference of 0.40V constitutes an imbalance in my books, each 'chinese' charger may have different tolerance values.

Originally Posted by David Alberico

I have 2. tryied in 8th scale and couldn't get the runtime, run fine in my 2wd buggy. send a question to vant and no response. but no problems run pack after pack. 20min of runtime on a shortie. my sone could run 30 min +
Hi Dave,

I am sorry to hear that you are not getting the run time that you expect from the 4S packs. We've noted about a 12-15 minute run time on the 4S 5000packs in a 1/8 Buggy. This of course varies depending on the track, the gearing, and of course the driver (no disrespect intended :-) If you don't feel you are getting the proper mah rating out of the battery please contact us and let us know so we can take care of you.

Vant does not have any current plans to ROAR approve any 4S packs at this time.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Last edited by dirtcheaprc; 12-12-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by David Alberico

Hy Dave, I was have a similar problem. I suugest you get a LiPo voltage monitor that shows the voltage of each cell (about $3). You might have the same problem I did with a low voltage on one or two cells which causes improper charging. see how I fixed the problem in previous post.
good luck!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I'm running 2 shorties in 8th scale. Or gave it a try. It is close. One pack has a cell that discharges faster. I balance charge everytime. No problems in 2wd buggy. I normally go 10 minutes or so on my 2 pole setup.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

I see these batteries have 2+ and 2- 4mm ports. Do you have to use both or can single positive and negative wires from ESC work?
Old 02-24-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vetthed
I see these batteries have 2+ and 2- 4mm ports. Do you have to use both or can single positive and negative wires from ESC work?
You can use either 1 or 2.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Vetthed
You do not need to use all four 4mm ports when connecting the battery to your speed control. You can use only 2 ports as usual. The extra ports are provided for high-current draw systems since the battery has such a high output rating. A situation where you would want to use all four ports would be in a 4x4 Short Course Truck
Old 02-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Christopher, you guys need to get more in so I can buy them.

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Captcha
Christopher, you guys need to get more in so I can buy them.

Thanks!
Hi Brandon, we have the 7.4V 7600mah 75C in stock. If you are looking for the 4600mah 90C Shorty, that should be in stock in about a week or so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.