Avid RC Customer Service...

Avid RC Customer Service...

Old 02-02-2013, 03:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Avid RC Customer Service...

In a word, Fantastic!

Long story short...

- Bought Avid stock slipper kit from A Main.
- Was supposed to include 2 spurs but no spurs in packet.
- Emailed Avid directly and explained situation.
- Got an email back within a few hours apologizing and telling me replacement spurs will be sent out immediately as well as 2 extra spurs for the trouble.
- Very happy with service.

Also should mention that A Main were superb as well. I emailed them at the same time I emailed Avid and they replied shortly after offering to sort it all out for me. I explained to them I had already been in touch with Avid and it was being taken care of.

I don't think I have ever received service like this is Australia.

Well done guys..
Old 02-02-2013, 03:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Never dealt with Avid, but very impressed with Amain since my first order was put through a few days ago. It was picked, packed and posted within a few hours of me placing the order.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HYPA
In a word, Fantastic!

Long story short...

- Bought Avid stock slipper kit from A Main.
- Was supposed to include 2 spurs but no spurs in packet.
- Emailed Avid directly and explained situation.
- Got an email back within a few hours apologizing and telling me replacement spurs will be sent out immediately as well as 2 extra spurs for the trouble.
- Very happy with service.

Also should mention that A Main were superb as well. I emailed them at the same time I emailed Avid and they replied shortly after offering to sort it all out for me. I explained to them I had already been in touch with Avid and it was being taken care of.

I don't think I have ever received service like this is Australia.

Well done guys..
Yep, i have to say aussie LHS dont have the best service... thanks for the heads up on avids service might have to try out there products some time
Old 02-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

avid is the best. they sell cheap bearings kit have great customer after seeing how they took care of a friend of mine and come to find out it was my friends fault.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Indeed Avid is one of the best people to deal with!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

it must be an off week for thier packaging department, I ordered a b4.1 hex set from amain and it was all front hexes. Emailed avid, had it resolved the same day.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default Yet again another happy customer

So I ended up putting Avid's Heavy duty axle guarantee to the test. I managed to break the long axle they make for Kyosho cars. Well, I didn't really break it like the normal axles break, I some how managed to break the little "ring" that holds the inner bearing in place. Probably just landed awkwardly and then it went. Regardless of my experience, this is not the norm for these axles and I'm glad they make them.

Anyways, I thought it would be worth a shot to send them an email and see if my unique situation was covered under their guarantee. Sure enough, it was. I sent them them good quality pictures as requested and today I received the replacement. Not just the replacement axle and pin that bent but a whole new package of axles and hexes. I think this is an awesome display of customer service. Truth be told, I work for a manufacturer in a completely unrelated industry and I wouldn't have sent a completely new set of anything when I could have sent the specific replacement parts and the customer would have been happy.

Seeing as how I thought they really went above and beyond, I thought it important to post about my experience in hopes they get some business for living up to their guarantee and being a great supporter of their products. Good Job!