Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

That makes the decision a little easier.

Had these shocks since 1.0 RTR, when I first upgraded them with shock bodies, shafts, caps, and the rest. Although I have been maintaining them, the shafts are worn, the inside of the bodies are probably worn, need new rings, want to seepage to stop.

I guess I'll go for it.

Will the body mounts be in the same place? Will the holes line up with my existing body?
Old 02-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcus3r
That makes the decision a little easier.

Had these shocks since 1.0 RTR, when I first upgraded them with shock bodies, shafts, caps, and the rest. Although I have been maintaining them, the shafts are worn, the inside of the bodies are probably worn, need new rings, want to seepage to stop.

I guess I'll go for it.

Will the body mounts be in the same place? Will the holes line up with my existing body?
Yes no change to the body mount locations or the holes in your body.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Questions?? While we are on this subject..

Forgive me I took a little brake from RC Racing and now am playing Ketch-up... Forgive me if this was talked about already. So what shocks are they using??
22-4 rear shocks on back and 22 buggy rear shocks on front!?
So the hard springs in the Kit this is for front shock... (22 buggy rear) what springs for the 22-4 shocks in the rear?/ Same from the Hard Kit??.. what color?
and what Pistons? 1.6
Oil.. Front Rear?
Balls so the bottom balls will be the issue... what do I do there/? The top mount I can drill the Plastic to fit standard size shock mount. But the bottom ball and shock shaft eye what you do there/??

I also would like to try this can't find the info all together! Please help... Thanks again!
Originally Posted by Casper
TLR released Hard front spring set for this reason. These springs go up to 5.0

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR233020

We use these springs on the SCT and the SCTE.

22 shock setup is great. Lowers CG, smoother shocks and lighter and increased adjustability due to availability of increased shock spring options. (any 12mm shock springs from TLR, AE, Kyosho, Yok, Durango etc. can now be use which was not available for use on the stock SCTE shocks.

Last edited by XXXDad; 02-12-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by XXXDad
Forgive me I took a little brake from RC Racing and now am playing Ketch-up... Forgive me if this was talked about already. So what shocks are they using??
22-4 rear shocks on back and 22 buggy rear shocks on front!?
So the hard springs in the Kit this is for front shock... (22 buggy rear) what springs for the 22-4 shocks in the rear?/ Same from the Hard Kit??.. what color?
and what Pistons? 1.6
Oil.. Front Rear?
Balls so the bottom balls will be the issue... what do I do there/? The top mount I can drill the Plastic to fit standard size shock mount. But the bottom ball and shock shaft eye what you do there/??

I also would like to try this can't find the info all together! Please help... Thanks again!
You should be using this.
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR334029

Starting setup.
http://casper-rc.com/images/TEN_SCTE...02_reduced.pdf
Old 02-14-2016, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Buggy shocks

Instead of the 22 shock kit, why not the big bore system from the buggy?
Old 02-14-2016, 07:22 AM
Tech Prophet

No need to add weight to the truck and raise the CG for a SCT that is already top heavy.

I know some guys have liked the 15/16 mm shock package but in testing the 22 shocks with some new piston setups this is a better way to go. reduced weigth is better on everything from electronics to handling.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Giulitto
Do you have a video of this? I'm a visual learner.

I learned from a Team Durango vid. I'm pretty sure its on youtube. Look up team Durango big bore shock build. I tweaked the method to my liking, but that's where I first learned.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys. I see that it looks like the 22 shock conversion is the way to go but I'm on a tight budget right now so I'm going to stick with what I have. I need to get some stiffer springs. I find the tlr site a little confusing when it comes to the spring kits. Looks to me that I would want the TLR233020 front spring set hard and the LOSB2963 rear racing spring set. Would this sound correct?
Old 02-14-2016, 11:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by thephunnel
Hey guys. I see that it looks like the 22 shock conversion is the way to go but I'm on a tight budget right now so I'm going to stick with what I have. I need to get some stiffer springs. I find the tlr site a little confusing when it comes to the spring kits. Looks to me that I would want the TLR233020 front spring set hard and the LOSB2963 rear racing spring set. Would this sound correct?
TLR233020 is for the 22 shocks.

With the kit shocks you are looking for these for the front.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSB2959
Old 02-22-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Have a look at these new MIP puck outdrives!

MIP SCTE Puck Outdrives

Old 02-22-2016, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Do you think TEN SCTE 2.0 new version come out soon?
Old 02-24-2016, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Tekno vs MIP

Originally Posted by Josh L
Have a look at these new MIP puck outdrives!

MIP SCTE Puck Outdrives
These Look nice but will they give you more on power steering with less bind like the tekno outdrives. I like that a lot about the tekno set only time will tell I guess right?
Old 02-24-2016, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bikemaster00
These Look nice but will they give you more on power steering with less bind like the tekno outdrives. I like that a lot about the tekno set only time will tell I guess right?
Yep, testing the stuff is really the only way to know how they will run.
With MIP's rep however, I am inclined to believe they will do what they claim they will. But that doesn't mean the Tekno version won't do just as well either. They are also a solid no frills performance company I trust.

That being said, the larger diameter brass rollers would almost have to have less friction by design, but looks are sometimes deceiving. I will try them when I need to replace the standard losi's.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello all! Hope I'm in right place ask a few ?s ?
I just got a used losiSCTE. I believe its the first one. Not sure about the 1.0 . Im in the process of rebuilding/replacing worn parts. New bearing,hubs, ect. Just wanted to what is compatible between the site,1.0 and 2.0. I need new axles and Center drive units and would like to get the MIP pucks throughout. But don't know if the 1.0 or 2.0 will stuff will work. Don't see much on the go SCTE.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FReEK
Hello all! Hope I'm in right place ask a few ?s ?
I just got a used losiSCTE. I believe its the first one. Not sure about the 1.0 . Im in the process of rebuilding/replacing worn parts. New bearing,hubs, ect. Just wanted to what is compatible between the site,1.0 and 2.0. I need new axles and Center drive units and would like to get the MIP pucks throughout. But don't know if the 1.0 or 2.0 will stuff will work. Don't see much on the go SCTE.
Company video about the 2.0.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8JkrVvMKyw

The drive line, including the MIP pucks, are 100% compatible with the 1.0 and the 2.0.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.