Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thank you, so by unscrewing the shock shaft 2 turns you are achieving droop, haven't raced off road in a few years so trying to get back into the grove, on-road we always used droop with the set screw so thought it would be similar but it's not. Thanks for the help
Old 09-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xyzracer
On another note, anyone know what size the pistons are that come in the scte shock rebuild packs? They are unmarked. Thx
The pistons that come in the shock rebuild kits do not mirror any of the marked and numbered aftermarket pistons. The SCTE 2.0 comes with 3/4 setup in the main bag and the rest in the option bag.

Originally Posted by tiago890
Thank you, so by unscrewing the shock shaft 2 turns you are achieving droop, haven't raced off road in a few years so trying to get back into the grove, on-road we always used droop with the set screw so thought it would be similar but it's not. Thanks for the help
yes, that adjust shock length and in turn droop assuming you are not allowing the droop screw to hit the chassis after unscrewing the shocks.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hacker07 I Bn running that new setup and its awsome . I running on a tight indoor med/high grip and I was wondering what changes I might make to improve it on the tight track? Maybe move rear hubs forward. It does everything great really balanced and easy to drive hard. Just trying to make it better for me. Thanks.awsome setup!
Old 09-17-2014, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wg931
Hacker07 I Bn running that new setup and its awsome . I running on a tight indoor med/high grip and I was wondering what changes I might make to improve it on the tight track? Maybe move rear hubs forward. It does everything great really balanced and easy to drive hard. Just trying to make it better for me. Thanks.awsome setup!
Are you running the updated alum carriers up front? What is it you are trying to get more of out of the truck?
Old 09-17-2014, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

No I don't have them ,what is the part no?i would like a little more steering on a tricky off camber . Thanks
Old 09-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wg931
No I don't have them ,what is the part no?i would like a little more steering on a tricky off camber . Thanks
The part is TLR334017 and they will be in stock towards the end of the month.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What mugen sway bar are u guys using to make the 2.3mm? Amain part number?
Old 09-19-2014, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

I read issues about not jumping correctly. What caught my attention was Casper and Ryan’s comments about sway bar. Other than take it on and off, I did not know what or how to adjust it.

So,
I took off the front tires and shocks. I noticed when lift one side, both arms stayed up. Additionally, when I lift the drivers side, the passenger side rises only 50% verses the other way around lifting passenger side.
Also noticed the front sway bar touches the drive shaft but is not the cause of the above issue.

I decided to take off both camber links and everything works fine ?!?!!??!????

How do I fix this?

ALSO:
I wish TLR would do a youtube on sway bar and binding. What to looks for, how it should work and how to adjust and make things right
Old 09-19-2014, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
The part is TLR334017 and they will be in stock towards the end of the month.
Waiting for these, thinking they will help my setup a bit.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

New set-up question.

You note the over-all shock length in the set-up sheet. Is this measured from the very top of the shock cap to the bottom of the lower eyelet? And it is adjusted by screwing the bottom eyelet on or off correct?
Old 09-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowspark
New set-up question.

You note the over-all shock length in the set-up sheet. Is this measured from the very top of the shock cap to the bottom of the lower eyelet? And it is adjusted by screwing the bottom eyelet on or off correct?
If you need to make the shocks longer you can unscrew the shock eyelet. If you need to make the shock shorter you can use the droop screws in the arms to limit the shock down travel.

Measure from center of the upper shock mount to the center of the lower shock screw.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks Casper
I had figured it out and just used the droop adjustment to get the shock length measurement.
89.5 f / 98.5 r

I am looking forward to trying the new set-up. The last one has worked well but I always open to try to find the extra .5 second a lap. I am not one of the fast guys, but can run in the middle of the A consistently.

Local track is indoor, a moist clay. Running Panther Rattlers SS and a 15/39 gear. Mikes Hobby in Carrolton TX. 20 second lap times. Sadly it is closing at the end of the month. Good news, Mike is looking at a new location just down the road.

What is your thoughts on using this new set-up on a larger indoor track. They normally run it dry and it is like sand paper. Good traction in the groove, dusty on the edges, and it eats tires. We run Proline Blockade Soft. I run 16/40 on this track and run 32 second laps (a couple seconds a lap off the pace...)
Old 09-20-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

in the new setup the OAL shock lengths was given do you put limiters in the shocks to reach the shock lengths given ?

thanks in advance Cory
Old 09-20-2014, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Found the problem

Bent 15Deg aluminum spindle carriers. Only 15 trips to the track

Too thin ?????
Old 09-20-2014, 02:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Dirt Racer, I used the droop screw adjustment to limit the shock travel.

TLR... the new set-up was on the mark today at the indoor clay track. Truck felt planted going into and going out of turns. Jumped fine and stayed on track under power. Put a big smile on my face... unfortunately did not correct my driver error mistakes during the main.

thanks for sharing... I am going to try it a the larger track next weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.