Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default Different spur/center diff gear...

I'm running a 4.0 Reedy Sonic 550...it's too fast...I have to run this motor because my 4.5 Reedy needs rebuilt after too many laps when it was new... Haha... I'm running a 10 pinion because a nine wont match up.. Is there a bigger spur/diff gear for the 2.0?... Or do I need to modify motor mount to suit a 9 pinion?...thanks!!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonR/C
The rumors better be for a 4wd buggy not a rally car. Oh and I'm sitting in first in my wed and sat points series with this truck! Dominating. Love it
Well past rumor stage.belt drive 4x4 22 type chassis. Will debut soon!!!!Good job on your series races!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Well past rumor stage.belt drive 4x4 22 type chassis. Will debut soon!!!!Good job on your series races!!!
Thanks!
Old 08-12-2013, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Derry
What's up with the front torque rod being out of stock everywhere?
I don't know about the front, but I've snapped the plastic ends off 2 of the rear ones already. Finally called Horizon and they recommended screwing the hex screw into the plastic first (as far as it goes), then screwing it into the rod. I tried it like that on Sat and seems to have held up better.

My guess is people are breaking those end pieces and buying up all the extras.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hacker07
LOL, no, you will still need that. That exists there to help remove the front tranny without having to remove that triangle so they felt it should stay.
What plastic piece are you guys talking about? It goes under that front triangle? I just looked at the parts explosion and don't see what you're talking about.

Also is it possible that the aluminum front triangle is already back ordered? I don't see it at all on A-Main either.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
I don't know about the front, but I've snapped the plastic ends off 2 of the rear ones already. Finally called Horizon and they recommended screwing the hex screw into the plastic first (as far as it goes), then screwing it into the rod. I tried it like that on Sat and seems to have held up better.

My guess is people are breaking those end pieces and buying up all the extras.
This was part of the build tips that we put out for the truck. You always want to fill the plastic before going into the metal on a torque rod style brace.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
You just need to make sure you don't over tighten the upper shock nut. This is true for all RC that use a plastic upper shock bushing. You don't need to crank these down. The stock ones work great.

I agree, you don't need to overtighten plastic bushings. But from I am seeing, the slight angle of the rear shocks (from the tower to the arm) are causing a binding issue with the (thicker) stock bushings on compression.

The 22 bushings, which are rounded/smaller where the shock cap makes contact w/the bushing, seems to allow a more free shock.

Just what I am experiencing....

Last edited by skrichter; 08-12-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Need help

Alrignt im not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but I need help. I currently am racing a scte 1.0 with the mip kit and I use 8ight shocks. Well I like the way it jumps, but I spin out on almost every corner and it just handles like crap. I'm not taking the 8ight shocks off because they r the best thing I have ever done to the truck. So my question is should I buy the 2.0, or get the Tim bump chassis? I love the way the bump looks and every one I have talked to says its amazing. Price is not a problem. I have the electronics so I only need the 2.0 or the bump chassis. I have driven multple 2.0s and they are AWESOME. I have never drove a scte with the bump chassis though. So just please help. Thanks in advance
Old 08-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
What plastic piece are you guys talking about? It goes under that front triangle? I just looked at the parts explosion and don't see what you're talking about.

Also is it possible that the aluminum front triangle is already back ordered? I don't see it at all on A-Main either.
The plastic peice we are talking about is LOSB2278 in the attached photo.

Horizon is showing them not in stock right now as well. I am assuming they may have not found a home in the wearhouse yet. Should be shipping soon I would guess. Ryan will correct me if I am wrong.
Attached Thumbnails TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-triange_spacer.jpg  
Old 08-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonR/C
The rumors better be for a 4wd buggy not a rally car. Oh and I'm sitting in first in my wed and sat points series with this truck! Dominating. Love it
Sorry guys you must excuse Jason his math isn't the best but if light strokes me down today he will for sure have first wrapped up if not he will def be dominating 2nd in both series. Lol
Old 08-12-2013, 10:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi8ightfanty
Alrignt im not sure if this is the right thread to post this in, but I need help. I currently am racing a scte 1.0 with the mip kit and I use 8ight shocks. Well I like the way it jumps, but I spin out on almost every corner and it just handles like crap. I'm not taking the 8ight shocks off because they r the best thing I have ever done to the truck. So my question is should I buy the 2.0, or get the Tim bump chassis? I love the way the bump looks and every one I have talked to says its amazing. Price is not a problem. I have the electronics so I only need the 2.0 or the bump chassis. I have driven multple 2.0s and they are AWESOME. I have never drove a scte with the bump chassis though. So just please help. Thanks in advance
Are you using the correct tires?? The MIP kit is very good, so I don't think that is the problem. Other than bashing, I can't imagine why someone would need 8ight shocks.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by blade329
Are you using the correct tires?? The MIP kit is very good, so I don't think that is the problem. Other than bashing, I can't imagine why someone would need 8ight shocks.
Yea I'm running the same tires as 3 other racers are using (wishbones). And I have my ride height set correctly with the 8ight shocks too. Now I'm strictly a racer only with my race rc's. I never bash my race rc's.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

The plastic peice we are talking about is LOSB2278 in the attached photo.

Horizon is showing them not in stock right now as well. I am assuming they may have not found a home in the wearhouse yet. Should be shipping soon I would guess. Ryan will correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks Casper! Would you believe I took that triangle off my truck last night to replace part of the steering assembly and didn't even notice that plastic piece! It must have stayed in place when I removed the triangle and I forgot it was seperate. My steering assembly keeps loosening up after racing. I used some lock tite last night on the screws that go into the chassis. Hopefully that does the trick.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Losi8ightfanty
You have to play with the oil and pistons and springs to get all that right. shock settings are very important to getting the car setup and the 8ight shocks and package are setup typically for a 7-8lb car not a 5-6 lb car. So you wnat to make sure you get that right. Landing jumps means nothing if you cant get around the track. As you can tell a lot of guys with stock SCTE 2.0 handle quite well. Not saying you have to get rid of the 8ight shocks but They will add some top weight that you have to now deal with as well as find settings that work well with your lighter SCTE (lighter then an 8ight).
Old 08-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

You have to play with the oil and pistons and springs to get all that right. shock settings are very important to getting the car setup and the 8ight shocks and package are setup typically for a 7-8lb car not a 5-6 lb car. So you wnat to make sure you get that right. Landing jumps means nothing if you cant get around the track. As you can tell a lot of guys with stock SCTE 2.0 handle quite well. Not saying you have to get rid of the 8ight shocks but They will add some top weight that you have to now deal with as well as find settings that work well with your lighter SCTE (lighter then an 8ight).
Alright sounds good. But I can't use the stock shocks because I put them on another scte roller my dad races with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.