Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just made a last minute change. I put the #3 piston front and rear but I went with 32.5 front and 27.5 rear. We'll see how that is, I may go down to 30 in the front. I'm going to practice tonight on an indoor clay track that is very technical. I heard AMS in Alabama is going to be hard packed and pretty high bite but I'm just guessing. I've never been there so this should be fun. I hope I can buy tires there because I have no idea what I should run.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:25 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by urluzn
Finally got the 2.0 on the track yesterday. Ended up 2nd to another 2.0. Truck had a ton of off power steering but a pushed on power not real bad but enough to have to back off on throttle a tad. How can I fix this push without sacrifice off power steering? Should I try the Dunford/Casper setup?
Try reducing the front droop, 1-2mm should help a bit (by measuring the length of the shock).

I have also been running Front springs on the front and rear of my 2.0, always one softer in the rear than the front. Right now I have Blue Fronts on the front and Green Fronts on the Rear. It will increase steering a bit, but might be a bit much if you don't like an aggressive driving truck - Fair Warning
Old 06-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Try reducing the front droop, 1-2mm should help a bit (by measuring the length of the shock).

I have also been running Front springs on the front and rear of my 2.0, always one softer in the rear than the front. Right now I have Blue Fronts on the front and Green Fronts on the Rear. It will increase steering a bit, but might be a bit much if you don't like an aggressive driving truck - Fair Warning

Curious why you are running green front springs on the rear, when there is a set of 3.6lb green rear springs available?????
Old 06-20-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by skrichter
Curious why you are running green front springs on the rear, when there is a set of 3.6lb green rear springs available?????
My guess would be for ride height.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd guess the smaller front spring in the rear would be more progressive, whereas the the longer rear spring would be more linear.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
We are thickening it up. It was originally supposed to be thicker but the way this one was made, it thins out the plastic too much so we had to go to thicker plastic. It is a running change but we have listened and should be starting to see those shortly.
Bought a 22sct rtr body for my 2.0 and it's the bomb! holds up great looks sweet. Way to go TLR!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've been running mine for a while w/it not having quite enough on power steering. limiting front droop def helps but gonna try the front greens in the rear to get that edge...
Old 06-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Ryan and I have been playing with the lastest setup some. I am on silver rear springs. Similar to Franks Greens in the rear. I tried greens and they were good but I felt the silvers were a little better in rougher sections. Worth playing around with that a little.

I was on slicks last night on indoor clay and truck was amazing but was a little tipsy if pushed too hard but that is part of slicks on an SCT. I like the silver rear springs with the latest setup though.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

have you guys tried the low freq springs on the scte yet?
Old 06-20-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
have you guys tried the low freq springs on the scte yet?
Spring rates are not right for the heavy truck.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Casper, after the truck is run a while and develops some slop, how do you accurately check camber and front toe.
For the front toe, when I just droop the truck then check, it is way different then when I drop the truck then roll the truck forward slightly. For the camber it's the same thing but I think that is do to he wheel getting out of round.
Do you guys have any tips on setting up the truck when there is slop in the links?
When finished I always use my Losi shock length checker to make sure both sides are equal.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer
Casper, after the truck is run a while and develops some slop, how do you accurately check camber and front toe.
For the front toe, when I just droop the truck then check, it is way different then when I drop the truck then roll the truck forward slightly. For the camber it's the same thing but I think that is do to he wheel getting out of round.
Do you guys have any tips on setting up the truck when there is slop in the links?
When finished I always use my Losi shock length checker to make sure both sides are equal.
toe in the drop and roll foward is a great way to set toe and I recommend that method. For camber the wheels are not going to be true so I will typically check the tire at a few positions. You can also get the new DE setup wheels for more precise camber.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I bought this truck 2 months ago. I figured I'd upset the tech talk rhythm and say. This truck is absolutely amazing! Its a blast to drive and consistently in the top 3 of the A mains. I just walked in the door with a Eight 3.0. If the quality is the same as the truck I'm gonna have a rockin summer! Good day all viva la TLR!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Something new from BCE arriving soon...
More to follow...
Old 06-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Talking

Thanks for the reply frank! Will give it a shot. Aggressive... I'll take it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.