Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
The tan grease is great for lubing the metal to metal gears in the diff housings. (pinion and crown gears) Black grease works as well.

It is a pain to get the bottom shock caps on all the way. Do you best and request some from CS once the replacements arrive.
how will we know when the new caps are in? the replacements they sent me where marked tent so i know they wont work as i picked up a set from the lhs
Old 03-31-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
how will we know when the new caps are in? the replacements they sent me where marked tent so i know they wont work as i picked up a set from the lhs
If they are old enough they could fit...its the new mold thats messed up so if they have been sitting on them they might work
Old 03-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

You guys think the jammin carbon fiber drag link is worth putting on this or just leave the stock unit?
Old 03-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK my ADD kicked in before I rechecked the manual, I assume this sheet shows the cut outs for venting ? I can't see cutting them all out, may as well be swiss cheese. If so, what ones would you suggest ? Not sure aboot # 12 & 13 ? So far I have only done 0,1,2,3, & 4, probably do 7, 8, & 9 too..

Thanks for the replies Casper & hacker.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CanadianNascar
OK my ADD kicked in before I rechecked the manual, I assume this sheet shows the cut outs for venting ? I can't see cutting them all out, may as well be swiss cheese. If so, what ones would you suggest ? Not sure aboot # 12 & 13 ? So far I have only done 0,1,2,3, & 4, probably do 7, 8, & 9 too..

Thanks for the replies Casper & hacker.
If I have to cut it out I don't do 10,11,12,13

I cut the rest of them out.

Last edited by Casper; 04-01-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
If I have to cut it out I don't do 10,1,12,13

I cut the rest of them out.
Thanks eh....
Old 03-31-2013, 11:52 PM

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

my front diff is binding I think with the case will it wear in??
Old 04-01-2013, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes, mine was the samw way. Now all good!!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What to do? I had good luck with a modded 1.0, but was urged to get a SCT410 by the guy who was winning all the local races (sold the 1.0 within an hour). Got the Tekno pretty nice . . . but the the guy who is NOW the local fast guy let me drive his 2.0 after his TQ and all I can say is WOW! He drove my Tekno and was a second slower (perhaps due to setup). Do I retire my month-old SCT410 for the 2.0??? Some locals say the SCT410 will be better for the outdoors, but the 2.0 is better for the tighter, more technical indoor tracks. Constructive advice, please (BOTH are great vehicles, and great brands).
Old 04-01-2013, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSCFlash
What to do? I had good luck with a modded 1.0, but was urged to get a SCT410 by the guy who was winning all the local races (sold the 1.0 within an hour). Got the Tekno pretty nice . . . but the the guy who is NOW the local fast guy let me drive his 2.0 after his TQ and all I can say is WOW! He drove my Tekno and was a second slower (perhaps due to setup). Do I retire my month-old SCT410 for the 2.0??? Some locals say the SCT410 will be better for the outdoors, but the 2.0 is better for the tighter, more technical indoor tracks. Constructive advice, please (BOTH are great vehicles, and great brands).
Opinions are going to be biased here. There's a thread currently going on this topic, and you're going to drive yourself crazy trying to make a decision. They're both excellent trucks and both have great potential. Both can win, and in the end it's going to be the driver that makes the difference.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-decision.html
Old 04-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default First time out

Well I took my new 2.0 out this weekend with some mixed results....I believe this truck has great potential even with its current driver!!! I used pretty much stock setup with shock oils and diff fluids and the truck seemed very solid/stable in the corners which is very different than my old sc10... however two thing really jumped out at me....first it seemed to nose dive while jumping...a quick hit of the throttle corrected it but....it made me nervous as this is a pretty tight indoor clay with big stiff walls....hahaha...hitting the throttle seemed very counter intuitive!!!!! Second it really seemed to lack off power roll through a corner...it seemed to push wide...is this a product of my steering not being properly setup??? Thanks for any advice!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I have access to hardened high quality Diff screws. If anyone is interested I may start selling some.
I would be carefull on how hard they are..Something this tiny could get brittle in a hurry..
Old 04-01-2013, 06:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

"There's a thread currently going on this topic, and you're going to drive yourself crazy trying to make a decision. They're both excellent trucks and both have great potential. Both can win, and in the end it's going to be the driver that makes the difference."

Perfect advice. It may boil down to what makes me more comfortable. Both are excellent products.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSCFlash
Both the 1.0 and 2.0 are very capable and great outdoors. The Tekno is great as well, but heavy. Maybe that'll work to it's advantage outdoors but I don't know how that'll play out long term with electronics, heat, runtime and such outside (climate dependent..). Probably nothing a bigger battery can't fix. When they say 'better outdoors', what does that mean? That the SCT410 is a better outdoor truck than it is indoor (I can buy that..)? Or are they saying the SCT410 would outperform the SCTE outdoors? If the latter then it's just an unsupported opinion. The SCTE is more than capable outdoor, is definately not too light (wheras I think the AE and Durango may be, depending on the track) and would be my truck of choice. I was thinking about going Durango indoor before the 2.0 came out, but I think the new design really put it back on top. I found the SCTE to be a great balance both indoor and out, and parts availability was great. I think TLR/Losi has the best all around truck.

One thing to consider is if you're going to run EBuggy, Tekno's SCT and buggy have a lot of common parts/hardware.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmc5313
Well I took my new 2.0 out this weekend with some mixed results....I believe this truck has great potential even with its current driver!!! I used pretty much stock setup with shock oils and diff fluids and the truck seemed very solid/stable in the corners which is very different than my old sc10... however two thing really jumped out at me....first it seemed to nose dive while jumping...a quick hit of the throttle corrected it but....it made me nervous as this is a pretty tight indoor clay with big stiff walls....hahaha...hitting the throttle seemed very counter intuitive!!!!! Second it really seemed to lack off power roll through a corner...it seemed to push wide...is this a product of my steering not being properly setup??? Thanks for any advice!!!
First try a different tire. I was pushing big time with AKA clay wishbones and then i tried aka ss handle bars and it made the truck loose and no longer pushed. But double check, steering tie rod lengths, check to make sure you have full throw with your servo and make sure you have no bind in the steering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.