TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tekinACE
Cool glad you like it. I have a bunch of tires for it like new will sell.

Got a schuurspeed 4300kv,Found a used RX8,and a servo ordered and the boy will be rockin. Hope to have it goin by the TLR shootout at dirtburners.
I need to come up there but thats a drive...lol. U need to let us know about that 4300 and is that a 4pole?

Ya, Kurt told me about the tires but i dont think we will be getting them as we are working to get the parts pack into a working car at this point so we both have 1 up and running
Old 03-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Adept

Never set up a 4x4 before and was wondering for tires you guy's run the same tires fr and rear or do you mix for more grip up front or vice versa and will the 22sct wheels be ok for the 2.0?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Never set up a 4x4 before and was wondering for tires you guy's run the same tires fr and rear or do you mix for more grip up front or vice versa and will the 22sct wheels be ok for the 2.0?
usually run all the same tires on all 4 corners and yes, the 22SCT rims fit perfect on this truck and look much better IMO than the stocks that came with the kit as i got rid of them right away but this is my SCTE 1.0 but the driveline is exact same as the 2.0

Old 03-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Ok got that fixed...one ring gear bolt wasnt as tight as other 3.. spins free now...next? Pins...there were four in bag b...they look the same but have three different part #'s...what??? Do i use two for sun gear and two for the wheel hexes???
Yes, you got it.[/QUOTE]

if i tighten my any further i will need new diff housing. it has a wobble to it. I get about 300 degrees and 6 is real tight!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Lightbulb M11x return spring

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Good work!!!!!!!

Hey guys A bit off topic, I know,.. any one running an M11 X??? I posted this ? in radio section m11 thread but may not get an answer there for a while. Having trouble with the wheel not returning to center ,was told that the return spring needs to be replaced. Have any of you ever done this???Is it hard to do? Thanx ,Riverdale.
OK.... what helped me is ( yes) you need to turn the spring adj screw (Left) to tighten the spring. So go (counter clock wise )and it will start to spring back. To locate it turn the TX upside down. Hope this helps!
Old 03-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gas Rat Racin
Anyone know the part number for the 4-40 mini nuts we use on the top of the shock shafts to hold the piston on?
Look at my post on page 143, the link is in text
Old 03-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmc5313
First off thanks to hacker and casper and everyone else that responded!!!... second my story...i got into hobby a year and a half ago so i am relatively new but have built a sc10 4x4 from a kit....which is why i am now building a TLR kit!!!! I raced a winter indoor series and got my a$$ handed to me all season long by Losi 's!!!! So... i know have a 2.0 which i plan on running my LRP esc with my Reedy sonic 550 and a savox 1258 servo...i run in the summer on a very loose outdoor track...we have a decent sized straight with a very tight infield...so i need a basic setup for max traction and max steering...i dont have any experience with center diff trucks so any advice would be appreciated....also im only on page 28is on this forum....sooo...are there any more common build problems or changes?? Thanks in advance!!!
Start with the kit setup and the right tires and then tune from there. We have had great success with the kit setup on a lot of different conditions. It should at least get in you in the right direction. I would probably stick with stock pistons for the conditions you are on to start as well.

..I will take Your word that this is not the case.Ryan has responded a few times to the parts question but not really given an answer as to why or where they are.I am a big kid who races toy cars and am very jealous to those that get to play now. For me to buy a whole new kit with the stash of spares I have would not be feasible. Put your self in my shoes,How would You feel??? My 1.0 still hits the podium at my little track but just seeing those 2.0`s is killing me LOL.. REST GIVEN......................................
Again I get your dilema and I would be upset to have to wait as well but the accusations that TLR is doing this with some vindictive or ulterior motive is unfounded and not true and the part I have a hard time with. Say you can't wait and you are upset the parts are not here yet but don't accuse TLR of poor buisness practices. The team is working hard to get parts out to the customers.

Anyone know the part number for the 4-40 mini nuts we use on the top of the shock shafts to hold the piston on?
http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA6306

We typically run the same tire all around on the 4wd trucks. That is not to say you can't mix compounds to tune the car but most of the time we run same compound/tread/
Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Prophet

I run diffrent tire/compound Front and Rear on 4wd SC mostly on carpet though because of to much traction or other things. On dirt i usually run the same treads and compounds Front and Rear inless im needing more forward traction or rear etc.

I tell you whats the weirdest feeling tire combo/compound is a pair of SC10 stock tires Rear and Double Dees (Green)/Rear it felt pretty tight into corners and felt like a real full size AWD crossover or a car with tons of traction. Yea i change that one right away after a qualifyer run lol.

This was on Carpet so i dont know how it would do on dirt .
Old 03-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

..I will take Your word that this is not the case.Ryan has responded a few times to the parts question but not really given an answer as to why or where they are.I am a big kid who races toy cars and am very jealous to those that get to play now. For me to buy a whole new kit with the stash of spares I have would not be feasible. Put your self in my shoes,How would You feel??? My 1.0 still hits the podium at my little track but just seeing those 2.0`s is killing me LOL.. REST GIVEN......................................
Originally Posted by Casper

Again I get your dilema and I would be upset to have to wait as well but the accusations that TLR is doing this with some vindictive or ulterior motive is unfounded and not true and the part I have a hard time with. Say you can't wait and you are upset the parts are not here yet but don't accuse TLR of poor buisness practices. The team is working hard to get parts out to the customers.

I said I would take your word on it!!!!You have given me what I will take as the truth.I am sorry if my words did not sit well with you even after I said ,,,(I would take Your Word.) My intention is to get a response or in your case a reaction ,hoping to hear yes the parts are gonna be available on this or that date ,not to accuse, Cheers!!Have Fun!!!

Originally Posted by XXXDad
OK.... what helped me is ( yes) you need to turn the spring adj screw (Left) to tighten the spring. So go (counter clock wise )and it will start to spring back. To locate it turn the TX upside down. Hope this helps!
Oh Man thanks ,Gonna mess with it now.Been asking every where and no body really knows LOL Thanks again!!Prolly should find the manual too!!LOL

Last edited by BmainStar; 03-18-2013 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I saw the setup on the first page says 2 hole 55 pistons from the 22. So I'm assuming the 2 hole AE pistons we use for the 22 will also work?? Do I need to modify the piston at all to work? What size holes are on the 55 pistons?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Got my new 2.0 completed, rate my wiring layout

Went together excellent.
I did not like how long the servo wire ended up being, so I shortened it.
My excess RX8 wiring is folded and heat shrink ed under the servo.
The excess transponder wiring is coiled under the servo.
My glitch buster wire was the perfect length, also routed under the servo and out the rear.
I had a 9" sensor wire, and it is barely long enough. I would have liked a slightly longer sensor wire, but it works.
I eliminated the ESC switch. I did not like having it located right behind the front tire, with no protection.
So, what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-scte-2.0-1.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-scte-2.0-2.jpg   TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread-scte-2.0-3.jpg  
Old 03-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Re did my shocks with the new caps. Still had a tonight time getting them on but they are on finally. They don't sit exactly flush, maybe 1mm between the end of the shock and the plastic cap. I'd like to see some alum / rubber ring bottom ends :=P....

Picked up a losi alum horn as well...

Is there an easy way to tighten the servo saver screw without taking it all off?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

spoke with Horizon today and i got new shock bottom caps coming to me.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I saw the setup on the first page says 2 hole 55 pistons from the 22. So I'm assuming the 2 hole AE pistons we use for the 22 will also work?? Do I need to modify the piston at all to work? What size holes are on the 55 pistons?
55 is close to 1.3mm so the AE pistons will not work.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Same but I picked up a pack from the lhs and they sure didnt go on very easy either ... Went on a bit better but not exactly easy������

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.