Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 06:23 AM
Tech Rookie

For those having problems with the lower shock caps. Heat them up with a heatgun or blowdryer first, they go on much easier this way.

Russ
Old 03-17-2013, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ran a bunch packs through on stock shock setup and made a second set with the 2 holes glued in the 22's 55 pistons. I felt the stock setup was more planted. I also tried 3ds and bar codes and they both seemed to not hook up a little loose in corners if I got on it I would spin out. Its on a indoor clay set up. I have my ride hight at 26mm f/r and everything else set set stock. On some jumps I was flipping a lot and broke a body mount. I need to get to the track some more to practice and just get use to it before any changes are done to the stock setup.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gso125
Ran a bunch packs through on stock shock setup and made a second set with the 2 holes glued in the 22's 55 pistons. I felt the stock setup was more planted. I also tried 3ds and bar codes and they both seemed to not hook up a little loose in corners if I got on it I would spin out. Its on a indoor clay set up. I have my ride hight at 26mm f/r and everything else set set stock. On some jumps I was flipping a lot and broke a body mount. I need to get to the track some more to practice and just get use to it before any changes are done to the stock setup.
The new layout at RCE was amazing.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Were your tires broken in? I haven't run 4WD SC there, but for everything else, I like ghost pins. Wishbones/Ions/Pressure Points are a good place to start. JC blue used to be the compound to run, but I haven't been up there since October.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Rookie

I finished up my truck last week. Went to the local track a few times with my buddy with his upgraded 1.0. His exact comments where "Man this thing feels light compaired to mine." Truck ran great I think, but I don't have much to base it off of. It's my first 4x4SC truck. Never raced before either. I ended up in 5th on the main out of 9 people. There was 2 buggies in the race as well which I'm sure placed at the top. The rest where SCT's. So first time out out of 7 trucks I was 3rd out of them. Excellent truck. The track I was at was definitly pro Losi as it was almost all SCTE's and 1 Teckno. Was pretty dry clay that was eating up tires. I ran Dunfords setup with the Front kick at it's lowest setting. Off power steering wasn't their with the neutral front kick with 0's in it. I first tried more drag brake which didn't help and reading the tunning guide it looked like less front kick or take out some droop was the way to go. I tried droop first and it helped but on power steering went out the window. Back to full droop and took out front kick was the ticket. This was on a new set of Bar Codes super soft tires. I need a new set now.

I can't wait for 2 weeks when I get a chance to go back out to the track. Think I'll be bringing my boys and see about getting them in the novice class. Thanks for building a race truck kit. I don't think their is anything I need to replace except the battery strap, because the CF one is just so darn sexy.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Were your tires broken in? I haven't run 4WD SC there, but for everything else, I like ghost pins. Wishbones/Ions/Pressure Points are a good place to start. JC blue used to be the compound to run, but I haven't been up there since October.
They have a few packs on them now. The track was wet on Wednesday day and the 3ds were hooked up and Yesterday a little damp but not bad and both sets I was loose all over the place. I bought some tire spray to try next time. I'm running green in both 3ds and bar codes. I have the 2 news sets of wheels that came with the truck I will get 2 more sets of tires to try out.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stvnmccc
The new layout at RCE was amazing.
I don't know all the names for the jumps yet but the ones in the middle I would flip on the second one and the last one near the stairs I would almost always flip, the truck noses over on me. This track layout has been the best in the last month
Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

I don't know all the names for the jumps yet but the ones in the middle I would flip on the second one and the last one near the stairs I would almost always flip, the truck noses over on me. This track layout has been the best in the last month
Are you running any drag brake? I never do that with 4wd.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Does someone have the length measurment of the shock mounting at "full droop?"

I want to use the droop screws in the arms so I am going to back the heim end out of the bottom shock shaft a few turns and adjust the droop screws to the proper measurment.
Thanks guys
Old 03-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stvnmccc
Are you running any drag brake? I never do that with 4wd.
Im going to use a Hotwire to check things out but it's factory settings for the rx8 I don't think drag brake is on but ill check.

Hooked up the hotwire no drag brake on left everything default except lipo cutoff set to 2s I thought there was an auto lipo detect but didnt find it in the settings it was default to 1s.

Last edited by Gso125; 03-17-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Well i got to drive a 2.0 last night and boy it was twichy with the stock setup on carpet ! I figured out his Dual rate was to high so he toned it down with the Expo and Dual rate much better . So he used 35F and 30R and i tested it out and man it worked i would say it jumps easy more level than my 1.0 and turns better into tight corners not sure how tight is saver is though or its just the truck. However it did still kind of traction roll kind of easy still odds are its the tires or something else.

But i liked the way it drove you could drive it harder .
Old 03-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PureEvil95
For those having problems with the lower shock caps. Heat them up with a heatgun or blowdryer first, they go on much easier this way.

Russ
Nice tip! Only use enough heat to warm it up, not enough to distort or melt it!
Old 03-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default First Big Race, First WIN

Dakotah takes the win at the Cactus Classic with the SCTE 2.0! Only one keeping up with him is Billy F with the other SCTE 2.0 and he is looking good for 2nd!
Old 03-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robby26wi
coverting a 1.0 this coming week...have all the parts on the way.Whats the concensus on rpm arms and ti screw kit????
Where are You getting the parts to convert? Horizon showing back order now on chassis and shock towers?? They were on pre order ,how did that change to back order? Are they, were they (parts) available somewhere??
Old 03-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Got to put the truck through a full race day this weekend. I am really liking this truck. First heat the truck was super loose! But, I like to drive a truck a little loose, I powered through it. I changed tires out and that really woke the truck up! The second heat was going great and then I broke the rear pin in the center rear driveshaft. Got a tip from another racer to replace the pin with piano wire. He had a few pins pre made. Made the repairs and ran the a main shortly after. The track dried out fairly quickly in the main and I ended up being on the wrong tire. Had a blast with the truck and I think that I am going to do well with it this season after I work out the bugs and get a good baseline setup for the track.

On a good note, my 22 shock pistons arrived! Time to swap them out and do a check over on the truck.

Picked up a few sets of tires and some wheels to mount them on. Hoping to have a broad range to run with this season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.