Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ok guys, working on the rear right now and noticed i dont have all 4 "0" inserts for the hinge pin holders as there are 2 of the "0" and 2 of the "1"....

I thought i needed all "0"s in front and rear hing pin holders so what am i missing?
Old 03-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
ok guys, working on the rear right now and noticed i dont have all 4 "0" inserts for the hinge pin holders as there are 2 of the "0" and 2 of the "1"....

I thought i needed all "0"s in front and rear hing pin holders so what am i missing?
Manual calls for #1 in front for 3* anti squat. There are additional inserts in the supplemental bag.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

i dont see anything on the set-up sheet ryan posted or is it the... "0" inserts all around under the front set-up?

Whats everyone running then?
Old 03-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

i dont see anything on the set-up sheet ryan posted or is it the... "0" inserts all around under the front set-up?

Whats everyone running then?
0 in the front of the rear would be the 1.0 box stock 2* anti squat.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Ryan - this should be first post material:

http://losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LOSA1...tion-Sheet.pdf

http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/A...tallation3.pdf

Adjustable hinge pin settings
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up

In front: all 0's
In rear: 1 up in front half
0 in rear
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grandturk
0 in the front of the rear would be the 1.0 box stock 2* anti squat.
So i have all the stuff Ryan added to the first page printed off and the tuning guide says 3* anti-squat and so does the set-up for anti-squat so i put the 1s in front and 0s in rear for the 3*...right, lol??

I ran all 0's in the SCTE 1.0 as they said they always found them selves back with 0's

BTW..thanks Turk for the help! I would have never noticed all the extra's in that bag til i was done with the build, lol...thanks buddy
Old 03-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Ryan - this should be first post material: http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/A...tallation3.pdf

Adjustable hinge pin settings
He has that posted in the Tuning Guide and thats why i posted thats what the set-up sheet says AND the tuning guide says so i took all 0's out and did the 1's in front and 0's in back OF THE REAR holders
Old 03-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

So i have all the stuff Ryan added to the first page printed off and the tuning guide says 3* anti-squat and so does the set-up for anti-squat so i put the 1s in front and 0s in rear for the 3*...right, lol??

I ran all 0's in the SCTE 1.0 as they said they always found them selves back with 0's

BTW..thanks Turk for the help! I would have never noticed all the extra's in that bag til i was done with the build, lol...thanks buddy
No problem.

The 2.0 box setup and Casper setup is 3* anti squat - so yes - 1 up in the front of the rear. The 1.0 box stock was 2* so that's 0 insert in the front of the rear.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

yup, spanks buddy! Just got the rear on and mounted up so now i just need to sell the pack of wheels and beadlock rings so i can buy some more 22SCT rims...

Hopefully the motor gets here early next week so i can mount it and and decide how to have the esc but everything else should be good and done
Old 03-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Was kind disapointed that the kit didn't come with the 22sct wheels.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default not so sure

ok just finished my 2.0...things i didnt like were the fact you need 4 foot of motor wire , no radio box or transponder mount ,no esc mount..im not sure my tekin will like riding on the chassis with just a peice of velcro holding it on...also the way the the best placement for the rx8 is with all the post facing the front chassis brace..potential for a short if they ever made contact just right....i havent drove it yet but i hope it drives better than it looks...it does seem more balanced than the 1.0 but man my 1.0 was dialed ...also dont like the bottom shock caps and no shock boots
Old 03-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

oh yeah and i dont like the fact i need a sensor wire thats a foot long either..i dont have one long enough and neither do any of my local shops..would have been nice had losi announced ahead of time to the hobby shops that they would need a bunch of long sensor wires ,they also should have put an orange sticker on the box stating it needs a long sensor wire...like i said i hope its a beast on the track
Old 03-09-2013, 07:58 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I drove a 2.0 today with the box stock setup and it felt a bit quicker than my 1.0 (1.25?). I'm currently sporting the bump chassis, a modified battery tray, the TLR tuning kit, and the King Headz center diff supports. With my current setup, the truck is just a little over eager to over rotate off power. The 2.0 with the stock setup didn't feel that way. The rear was loose but controllably so. I also drove a Tekno on the same track, box stock. It didn't have quite the same amount of steering and didn't allow me to rotate the car in the corners much. It felt generally planted. Sorry, guys, I didn't get lap times from the two. I'm guessing that the 2.0 was a bit quicker but that may have been because I was more familiar with the platform. They both kick butt and the 2.0 impressed the heck out of me!!! I also got to drive a relatively stock OFNA offering. Unfortunately, his battery was pretty much done when he handed me the radio but what I got from it was lots of steering. Like turn your dual rate down steering. It was a bit tough to tell with the truck that close to lipo cut off but that was what I felt from it.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Well got it all built and i dont like the amount of room available for my HW SCT Pro as the best way is with the motor wires are in the front of the truck making the wires even longer. I ordered the 275mm sensor wire and if i would have went 300mm i could pry turn the esc but then the esc wire would be rubbing the steering so i dunno just yet what i will do with the esc at this moment but kinda like it sideways and where it partialy sits on the side guard but this will require atleast 2 or 3 strips of tape to make up the gap

I do like the battery knobs as i can sprin 1 semi freely a slide 1 end off and slip the new battery in quick. I havent done the shocks since im waiting on the 22 pistons but will still pry build them with the stock stuff and that will give me time to glue the 22 pistons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.