Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

who said everyone here races? i happen to go to the track once a week and run for a few hours ...

how do i know if i won? if i come home with no broken parts
Old 03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
Well this is only my 2nd rc and maybe I'm just used to the slash a-arms, I don't know how durable the stock scte ones will be but I'll take your word for it we'll see what happens
I raced the 1.0 since it came out and only broke a rear bumper mount. It is the most durable 1/10 scale vehicle I've owned and I have owned a lot of them including the slash 4x4 witch my son has gone through 4 sets of arms on it.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
who said everyone here races? i happen to go to the track once a week and run for a few hours ...

1) There would be no tracks without racers.
2) If everyone that didn't race that had a car/truck, went to the track a few hours each week - their fun would ruin it for all those that did race, as the tracks would be in deplorable/un-raceable condition in no time.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pablo040

1) There would be no tracks without racers.
2) If everyone that didn't race that had a car/truck, went to the track a few hours each week - their fun would ruin it for all those that did race, as the tracks would be in deplorable/un-raceable condition in no time.
You're joking right?

Sorry i don't race my RC car. please continue with your day. troll.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
Well this is only my 2nd rc and maybe I'm just used to the slash a-arms, I don't know how durable the stock scte ones will be but I'll take your word for it we'll see what happens
I think you've made that plainly apparent. But your other is a play truck, designed to be a bashers. The SCTE is a race truck, not designed as a basher.
If you're breaking things on this truck you may want to re-examine your purpose for owning it or how you drive.

Personally, I'm surprised RPM has ever made anything for these trucks.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pablo040
I think you've made that plainly apparent. But your other is a play truck, designed to be a bashers. The SCTE is a race truck, not designed as a basher.
If you're breaking things on this truck you may want to re-examine your purpose for owning it or how you drive.

Personally, I'm surprised RPM has ever made anything for these trucks.
Dont tell the man to re-examine anything. Who are you?

If he wants to make his scte a shelf queen it is his choice. Im not sure where you are from but we enjoy our freedom here in the US.

As for tracks not existing without racers... sure... but they wouldnt stay in business without people buying cars from the hobbyshop the tracks are at or the fees people pay to practice.

You seem like the kind of person no one wants to associate with, who judges anything that is different or simply not your idea.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Suspended

You're joking right?

Sorry i don't race my RC car. please continue with your day. troll.
No, I'm not joking.
But I sure had hoped you had been.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Suspended

Dont tell the man to re-examine anything. Who are you?

If he wants to make his scte a shelf queen it is his choice. Im not sure where you are from but we enjoy our freedom here in the US.

As for tracks not existing without racers... sure... but they wouldnt stay in business without people buying cars from the hobbyshop the tracks are at or the fees people pay to practice.

You seem like the kind of person no one wants to associate with, who judges anything that is different or simply not your idea.
Wait a sec - you're telling me how I should talk to him?
You're not my wife, my mother, and you don't sign my checks. Lay off!!!

You appear to be the type that like to bully people that don't see things your way, and like telling people what to do (while not following your own rules of behavior). Perhaps you need to get a real job.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well your coming from a truck that is known to break(Jammy) You are going to a truck that really never breaks arms,trust me 2 yrs ago alot of us ran Jammy.
The durability and drive ability are far more advanced with this machine.The rpm stuff is too flexible for a 6 lb truck.Stick with the stockers.You are getting advice from people that have been Racing the truck for two years .It is your truck and yes do what you want.There are alot of racers here and the pro-4 class can be quite a battle , if you jump off houses and stuff that might be different but the abuse this truck can handle racing and practicing twice a week
compared to that outdated platform you have will blow you away!!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I apologize for saying anything about RPM. How about we all look at a dark picture of a half built 2.0 and make up and be friends?

Old 03-07-2013, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Well your coming from a truck that is known to break(Jammy) You are going to a truck that really never breaks arms,trust me 2 yrs ago alot of us ran Jammy.
The durability and drive ability are far more advanced with this machine.The rpm stuff is too flexible for a 6 lb truck.Stick with the stockers.You are getting advice from people that have been Racing the truck for two years .It is your truck and yes do what you want.There are alot of racers here and the pro-4 class can be quite a battle , if you jump off houses and stuff that might be different but the abuse this truck can handle racing and practicing twice a week
compared to that outdated platform you have will blow you away!!!!!
Hey my Jammin made it back from the track in 1 peice last week ... ( i have rpm modded arms on it)...

Im not arguing this truck is years above in RD and quality. Im just in awe some would be so quick to judge because "i dont race". I enjoy the hobby, i enjoy helping people at the track who know less than i do, and I enjoy the ability to kind of get away from everything while at the track.

Oh and the reason i dont race is that I have no consistent ride to the track.

As for getting a real job... RC cars and hobbies, my real toys are much bigger / nicer / more expensive. My job is just fine...
Old 03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I apologize for saying anything about RPM. How about we all look at a dark picture of a half built 2.0 and make up and be friends?

I spy an rpm bag!
=D

Looking good. Is there a rear torque arm / brace included?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I spy an rpm bag!
=D

RPM - Rear bumper mount. I want to believe it lasts longer than the stocker, but I jus noticed last weekend it was busted (on my old truck. Got a new one for the new truck).

I quit last night after I bolted on the rear clip. Torque rod was next and it was 1:30 am. Lost a lot of time on the alum diff inserts and the fitment of the alum hinge pin holders to the chassis - everything is new and tight so you have to squeeze it all together.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I spy an rpm bag!
=D

Yes, there sure is.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
RPM - Rear bumper mount. I want to believe it lasts longer than the stocker, but I jus noticed last weekend it was busted.

I quit last night after I bolted on the rear clip. Torque rod was next and it was 1:30 am. Lost a lot of time on the alum diff inserts and the fitment of the alum hinge pin holders to the chassis - everything is new and tight so you have to squeeze it all together.
You may want to try the stock rear bumper, up to you. We did update it with this truck again as well as some strengthening of the front bumper. Also, just as always, its a good idea to put the side screws of the rear bumper in place and then back them out a turn (3 on each side of the rear bumper)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.