Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Man you guys are lucky. Only a month from announcement to release! My last truck I think I waited a decade, or at least that's what it felt like.

Moar Pics!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Potoczak
You will need standard size hexes not metric.

Actually you can use the Metric tools on some of the standard screws that are them sizes you just cant overtighten them. But of course the other screws are standard and will only work with standard screws on it.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Actually you can use the Metric tools on some of the standard screws that are them sizes you just cant overtighten them. But of course the other screws are standard and will only work with standard screws on it.
Thanks for the info
Old 03-03-2013, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
Thanks for the info
hey guys,not trying to be a party pooper, but i see guys do this all the time and it can really mess you up without you knowing. Here's why...

The 1.5mm tip will "fit" in 1/16" screw heads but waaay too loose and if try to tighten it at all will definately wear out the screw heads. Even if you don't strip it right away it will be damadged and fail much sooner even with the correct tip.
The 2mm and 5/64 tips are an exception as they are actually so close in size i have always found it fine to use either.
The 3/32 tip is smaller than a 2.5mm tip and causes the same issues you can run into as with the 1.5mm-1/16" tips.
I have a little red tape on all my metric tools and a little yellow tape on all my standard sized tools. It makes it easy to pick the right ones especially if you are rushing to make your heat!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Please don't complicate things for the guy!! (Xrated sct) just get the standard size hex wrenches and you will be good to go with your build.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So what's the advantage of picking up this set, and you just glue 2 of the small holes closed, these are the 1's right
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FcZ_Qgod-VwAwA
Also this thread was pretty dead today haha I was hoping to see more pics and what not, I'm not getting mine till next week cause I ordered it last Thursday

yes, those are the correct pistons, i posted those a few pages back
Old 03-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drepus
hey guys,not trying to be a party pooper, but i see guys do this all the time and it can really mess you up without you knowing. Here's why...

The 1.5mm tip will "fit" in 1/16" screw heads but waaay too loose and if try to tighten it at all will definately wear out the screw heads. Even if you don't strip it right away it will be damadged and fail much sooner even with the correct tip.
The 2mm and 5/64 tips are an exception as they are actually so close in size i have always found it fine to use either.
The 3/32 tip is smaller than a 2.5mm tip and causes the same issues you can run into as with the 1.5mm-1/16" tips.
I have a little red tape on all my metric tools and a little yellow tape on all my standard sized tools. It makes it easy to pick the right ones especially if you are rushing to make your heat!

Well said dave. A little more political than i would have approached.

Tc5
Old 03-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Integra
lol not trying to be pc,just trying to help! Maybe i should answer like some on the threads....

USE THE RIGHT EFFING TOOLS!

lol
Old 03-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by drepus

thanks for the detailed answer haha I hate stripping screws, same thing happened on my slash I was using a hex key and it fit and worked for a few times then eventually stripped out the head of the screw, I'll be sure to have a variety of tools I'm sure I have a 2 full sets of hex keys somewhere
Old 03-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Integra

Tc5

What i was saying was that yes you can use Metric hex wreches on some of them size screws on the truck and the other screws that are a smaller size you have to use the standard hexes.

As for wearing the bottom head screws i mean i havent noticed increased wear using the Metric hexs accept the motor head screw because i tighten to much not the other ones though.

But yes you need a set of standard hexs i have use my set of standard hexs also i need to get a new pair though.

But i did say this before that Losi should of went Metric on all the trucks they have a long time ago . Its just easier screw choice wise.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So what complete set of tools will I need to assemble the 2.0, is it the standard 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, and 4mm hex drivers
Originally Posted by Potoczak
You will need standard size hexes not metric.
Or just buy this...This is all ive ever used!

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...odId=LOSA99130
Old 03-03-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quick little race report. TLR sweeps the podium at the JBRL round #1 at OC/RC yesterday. Dunford takes TQ and I was second qualifier with our SCTE 2.0's. During the main we were never to be challenged for the lead as we pulled away. Ryan and I were to swap the lead a couple times for a great race and David Jenson running his SCTE 1.0 one last time (we "team" built his SCTE 2.0 during the race day as he just received his kit the day before) was able to pull in the last podium spot for the TLR SCTE clean sweep of top three spots in the Expert 4WD SC class. And yes there was an army of the "other" truck at this event!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Great job Team TLR! Hope to be building mine next week.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:16 AM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

A video of the race?

How long till the where house in Illinois has kits?
Old 03-03-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ahh I want my parts so bad!! @ryan, do you have any idea why the date has been pushed back so far?? Taking into consideration they were "on the same boat" I didn't think finding a home in the warehouse would take a month longer! lol If I had of known I would have bought the kit from the get go! Any info would be great! thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.