TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drepus
xrated,sorry your local shop didn't know the number. It is TLR03000 and has been kniwn for a little while now.
Maybe they were looking for a LOS (losi) part number instead of a TLR part number?

Give them a ring tomorrow and they should be able to get you one!
Ya, thats weird they couldnt find it...i woulda whipped out the phone and looked it up and never thought about them looking up a LOS part #....whoops, lol

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
LOL , Dude seriously first off , I have NEVER badmouthed the new truck and had been running an SCTE since the day they were released . I don't "throw flames on this thread" ( WTF does that mean anyway?) somebody asked how the SCTE 2.0 did at the DNC and I answered them , nothing more .

And yeah there are a bunch of FORMER Losi drivers on that thread and we all sit around the ole campfire and sing Kumbaya sipping hot chocolate talking about all our race victories .

Oh Lord kumbaya !
Really...coming here and saying the truck didnt place(which might be true- i cant deny or confirm) and commenting on how Losi/TLR didnt have drivers at the race and this was a big race blah blah blah...Of course there will be other trucks on the podium it hasnt even been released and a handful of team drivers have them and we(the public) are still waiting for it to release so your relying on those handful of guys to all be at the one race...doubt it.

On the other hand...the OTHER truck has been out for a month or so now, right, maybe longer? I would hope it would being doing something since its been out and those team drivers have pry had theirs for awhile

And all the guy asked was "Was the team running the new 2.0 truck at Nitro Challenge?" and that was it if you want to be technical and quote people
Old 02-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
Well this is lame, I went to my LHS and asked them to order the 2.0 and they went on the computer and said they can't order it for me cause they don't have a part number for it, what the hell is up w/ that???
yeah that sounds like hobbytown and just think they are one of horizon's "Certified Partners"
Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
Thanks for the help, yea some of the workers there aren't that helpful and some of them are a great help, unfortunately the guy that helps me a lot and special orders stuff for me was off today but he'll be there Friday if anything I'll still give em a call tomorrow and see what they could do otherwise I'll have to wait till Friday, I'm just worried to miss out on the first batch cause I don't want to end up buying another brand or SCT I'm set on the 2.0 and that'll suck if it sells out haha I'll let you know what happens
Always glad to help!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Doe's anybody kno where the Big Boy 2.0 thread is, I have obviously found the kiddy one...
Old 02-27-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shawn213
yeah that sounds like hobbytown and just think they are one of horizon's "Certified Partners"
I know exactly
Old 02-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hacker07
I think these may be a bit behind all of the vehicle orders. I will have to check on that.
Thanks Ryan I appreciate that. Anyone else converting their SCTE 1.0 like me?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

tc5 man-- No one has a problem with side fins. It is rear downforce wings or spoilers that are the issue. These are something people are adding to the truck that are not part of a stock SC body.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up Yes Sir

Originally Posted by RC-Rick
Thanks Ryan I appreciate that. Anyone else converting their SCTE 1.0 like me?
Go to HH and make your order... the part's will be here ... soon,
Old 02-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default No to spoilers/wings on short course trucks

I for one got into the hobby b/c these rc vehicles looked damn near identical to the bigger, stronger, fire breathing bretheren of modern day off road short course racing trucks!
Whimsical Whoops; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFHvu...rec_grec_index

The marriage of scale looks to exceedingly high scale performance is what got me into this rc racing class, deviating from this could eventually lead to the sct class demise. Sure there are no solid axels or gas motors, but the suspension
and other components make it more scale looking and performing than any other era in racing for this hobby.

I kick started my love to the hobby by bashing around an rc sct, than got into monster rc trucks to also bash with, than I went to the track with my 1st 2wd sct,
and eventually ended up moving into the hobby's facet of racing, which meant spending more for the high performance type of rc sct 's available in the market.

I feel that these trucks should be highly prohibited from using wings, b/c then where will the buck stop? Eventually, they will revert to the ufo looks of a stadium truck or buggy.
If you want that sort of thing than join a buggy or stadium truck class, and get your open wheels and wings tied up in a knot.
Just like the real 1/1 scale trucks, we have fenders which can allow for some inadvertent bumping and rubbing while sliding into a corner,
which usually equates for me to good ole clean racing fun with scale battles and action, which you cant really get or experience with the heavily popular open wheel vehicles that dominate our tracks, (hacking is not what i'm talking about).

If the short course buggy class were to ever take off, than i would most likely start racing a sc buggy. Dont get me wrong though, I do however
appreciate the engineering and performance that goes into the premier racing classes of this hobby, its just they just look like ufo's,
and that is a big reason why I dont race in those classes yet.

Last edited by MarqueeRc; 02-28-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

They removed the eta date on the fast serve horizon page! I hope I get a tracking number soon!
Old 02-28-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I had pre-ordered the scte 2.0 from horizon hobby. When would i expect to have it sent out to ohio?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maddog9
I had pre-ordered the scte 2.0 from horizon hobby. When would i expect to have it sent out to ohio?
Everything is shipping out of the CA warehouse. We did this rather than waiting until next week. It should ship out today.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I dont think i made the 1st batch =(
Old 02-28-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
I dont think i made the 1st batch =(
Everyone made the first batch.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hacker07
Everyone made the first batch.
Wow! That was fast! Good job TLR!

Do you have any idea when they will be available in Europe? Do they come from the US or get directly here?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.