Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I am glad to hear some positive things going on. I am amazed at hearing any negativity as this is such an exciting time for this class. I expect it now from the Tekno boys as there is person after person that feels the need to come in this thread and talk bad about things. I hope no one does that to them...I am certainly not like that. I am happy for the competition and enjoy racing everyone and anyone.

I know I have put the best truck out on the market for the most competitive pricing I can. I am a bit put off by the whole receiver box thing as so many cut the old one off and most of us that ran for many years never ran one. But I know most will appreciate the servo being mounted with 4 screws now for much more precise steering.
Yep this is exciting and a great product with history to back it up. Thanks Ryan. You and team mates are always helping at the track and very supportive. Thats is as good as it gets. I can't wait to put the 2.o together and dial it in.

Last edited by bladeys; 02-03-2013 at 08:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
It looks just like the Spektrum drop down , they just moved the wheel forward a little .....
Drop down, so actually down.
It's just super comfortable with it.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
ok iam getteing one now i like .
whats a good motor set up and is the mmp esc with 2400 sc motor good to use or the rx8 with pro 4 4600
MMP/2400 combo is great for 3S, not so much for 2S.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ta_man
MMP/2400 combo is great for 3S, not so much for 2S.
whats a good set up on 2 s lipo
Old 02-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vito
whats a good set up on 2 s lipo
Best setup is the hobbywing xerun 4-pole 540 4000kv motor w/ a hw v3 esc or the hw sctpro esc. They have a combo for both the sctpro combo is plenty good and a bunch cheaper if you want to save a few bucks. The v3 combo has a lot more tuning options so if you have the bucks get it, great ESC. Don't let anyone talk you into the 4600kv's :P just my 2c 99.9% of the time you are faster with a dialed in 4k, and it's a little more effecient.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-e
Best setup is the hobbywing xerun 4-pole 540 4000kv motor w/ a hw v3 esc or the hw sctpro esc. They have a combo for both the sctpro is plenty good and a bunch cheaper if you want to save a few bucks. The v3 has a lot more tuning options so if you have the bucks get it, great ESC. Don't let anyone talk you into the 4600kv's :P just my 2c 99.9% of the time you are faster with a dialed in 4k, and it's a little more effecient.
I try not to agree with you too much 8, but when your right... your right
Best motor period. I had it paired with an RX8 and MMP and both esc's worked great too.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easye
Haker 07. I dont care for the carbon shock towers is Tlr going to offer the shock tower in a cnc alum for the 2.0
Sorry but at this time, only the new carbon towers will offer the new camber holes and shock location on the front.

Best setup is the hobbywing xerun 4-pole 540 4000kv motor w/ a hw v3 esc or the hw sctpro esc. They have a combo for both the sctpro combo is plenty good and a bunch cheaper if you want to save a few bucks. The v3 combo has a lot more tuning options so if you have the bucks get it, great ESC. Don't let anyone talk you into the 4600kv's :P just my 2c 99.9% of the time you are faster with a dialed in 4k, and it's a little more effecient.
hey now...i do ok with the 4600...lol. just playing around.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
RX Box Debate is to SCTE 2.0 as The Great Chassis Debate is to SCTE 1.0.
Well I sure hope so. Its important to me but its such a small thing to debate about compare to a chassis. So if something this small is the great debate thats a good think.

I am glad to hear some positive things going on. I am amazed at hearing any negativity as this is such an exciting time for this class. I expect it now from the Tekno boys as there is person after person that feels the need to come in this thread and talk bad about things. I hope no one does that to them...I am certainly not like that. I am happy for the competition and enjoy racing everyone and anyone.

I know I have put the best truck out on the market for the most competitive pricing I can. I am a bit put off by the whole receiver box thing as so many cut the old one off and most of us that ran for many years never ran one. But I know most will appreciate the servo being mounted with 4 screws now for much more precise steering.
I'm not sure if I would call it negativity but just nitpicking. The Losi SCTE 2.0 kit looks fantastic and will be fantastic.
Don't be put off by the receiver box because over all the truck is top notch.
While many might of cut it off on the 1.0 I can say (I think cause I have nothing to back this up with) majority left it on. I see pictures of them cut off but saw more with it left on and I never saw one in person that was cut off. I would rather cut it off if I didn't want it then not have one at all.
BUT in the end it doesn't matter to much since it would be an easy mod for anyone to add one on. Just kinda sucks I have to get an aftermarket on not made for the truck.

Originally Posted by teknorc
Just felt I should make a small post here...

Congrats on the new truck. This class is really going places and there is so much potential for good racing and good fun. For the record, we don't condone or promote any badmouthing of any product. We know how much work, time, and money goes into these things and in a lot of cases the criticism and ranting is baseless. We've taken our fair share of jabs over the years and it's not something we enjoy, nor is it something we like to see our competitors endure.

We are two companies (and there are obviously others) that are doing our best to bring our visions to as many customers as possible. The competition in the class will only push it forward and we're excited to be a part of it. Good luck with the new vehicle and we'll see you on the track!
Its good to see companies can be nice to each other and compete with each other at the same time.
I don't understand why people must post their badmouthing opinions. Sure opinions are good and all people want to express them self it but it comes down to if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.
Badmouth opinions aren't constructive and need to be said.

Thank you Losi and Techno for being great companies!!

My continue RX box debate/rant.
Now I'm one of the people that likes having a RX box so I'm a little put off that SCTE 2.0 doesn't have one but that is far from stopping me get the 2.0.
I know a lot of people are saying the 2wd (or another truck) doesn't have it or X-person has ran X-truck in X-time and never had a problem but I and seems like a few other people still like having them. Personal taste and extra peace of mind knowing the RX is safe.
I do know I can mod one on or do a few other mods to fix this dilemma but I'm just trying to express that I would really like one next time around or something made by Losi for it down the road. I do not expect this but just voicing my opinion.
The only big problem I see with it not having one is pushing away bashes or races/bashers from the scte 2.0 because it might me more important to them since they like to bash around. I do know it is a TLR kit so its more for racers but its also is the 2.0 so people are also just going to see it as the next version. I know people might say well maybe they should stay with the 1.0 then but I mean you want to buy the 1.0 when there is a 2.0 out? The 2.0 improved so much I wouldn't want to buy the 1.0.
The RX box over all is just a small thing but for some reason I feel that it is really important to me. I will add one myself when I get the 2.0 and I'm happy it should be pretty easy to mod on but feel like it was something the 2.0 should come with.

I would say my only other 3 gripes are...
1. No more mud guards on the front of sideguards. This really isn't important but I did like that the STCE 1.0 had them.
2. No battery tray. The battery just sits on the chassis. This is probably for the best so I'll just move on with my life and get over it. lol
3. Narrow chassis. A lot of buggies and trucks are starting to get really narrow. Once again probably for the best so just like 2. I'll get over it. Still miss the days of the sexy wide buggies.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Sorry but at this time, only the new carbon towers will offer the new camber holes and shock location on the front.

hey now...i do ok with the 4600...lol. just playing around.

That's impressive if we finally got you to break down and get a xerun!!

I'm sure that is not the case.. but I also doubt your motor is a random off the shelf 4600 tekin either ;P I'd also put u in that .01% of drivers that can do anything they want
Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does this kit come with upgraded diff screws from the 1.0 playdough ones? Are they now made of silly putty? Or does it just come with a screw extractor now?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Foursixteen
Does this kit come with upgraded diff screws from the 1.0 playdough ones? Are they now made of silly putty? Or does it just come with a screw extractor now?
What tools do you have?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

The 4600 he's referring to is the Tekin Pro4 4600kv. The Hobbywing comes in 4000kv and 4700kv flavors, not a 4600.

Last time I raced with Ryan (Hacker07), I did see a Tekin Pro4 HD 4300kv in the truck and it looked about the same size as Hobbywing Xerun 4 pole motor which I love.

Shhurrspeed just released the 4-pole 540 4300kv SCT motor, in case you guys are interested.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easye
Haker 07. I dont care for the carbon shock towers is Tlr going to offer the shock tower in a cnc alum for the 2.0
As ryan stated they do not offer alum towers with the updated holes but you can always run the CNC alum towers from the 1.0 if alum towers are that important to you. Most people run the carbon towers with this truck.

That's impressive if we finally got you to break down and get a xerun!!

I'm sure that is not the case.. but I also doubt your motor is a random off the shelf 4600 tekin either ;P I'd also put u in that .01% of drivers that can do anything they want
Nothing special about the tekin motors we run. The one in my truck was first batch and still running it. Love that motor.

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
The 4600 he's referring to is the Tekin Pro4 4600kv. The Hobbywing comes in 4000kv and 4700kv flavors, not a 4600.

Last time I raced with Ryan (Hacker07), I did see a Tekin Pro4 HD 4300kv in the truck and it looked about the same size as Hobbywing Xerun 4 pole motor which I love.

Shhurrspeed just released the 4-pole 540 4300kv SCT motor, in case you guys are interested.
The HD motor he was running was no the 4300 but a test motor of lower KV. Ran great. Can't wait for the HD motors to come out
Old 02-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Been mentioned a few times but some folks cant read ++++Receiver box????
Use a balloon and cover it!!!!!!!!!!!!Simple, cheap and people been doing it for years...And some folks still complaining about what was and what was not included on the 2.0, and acting like they are soo Pissed Look Ryan does not own TLR and some heavy pocketed big wigs who know nothing about lap times has to give the thumbs up before any of this happened.I am quite stoked that this truck is available at all,much less the ver -1 when it showed up.
If You Have a spare Million laying around go build and market Your truck and we will see How many times it hits the podium If You don't like the 2.0 nobody here really caresThe fact that a small company put out a truck of comparable quality(some may say better) Is a huge accomplishment and I think they and that truck are and will do well!!!Competition is why I do this !!If The 2.0 left off or did not change what You wanted Maybe the other truck is for You!!!!!Either way We have some good choices to go racing with !!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Been mentioned a few times but some folks cant read ++++Receiver box????
Use a balloon and cover it!!!!!!!!!!!!Simple, cheap and people been doing it for years...!!
I use to do that with my RC10GT, and it worked perfect.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.