Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
So Your a extremely serious Racer that doesn't want a Kit???OK..Dude buy what You want but yer starting to beat a Dead Horse here..Cheers!!!
Orly? Well, touché sir, and I congratulate you on your excellent grammar.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by weavty1
So serious racers haven't already invested over a grand into their current 1.0 with hop-ups and the roller, alone?

You'd rather drop another $500 to get an extra roller, versus getting just the parts you want or need to bring it up to partial or even full 2.0 spec (and I mean chassis configuration only, not all the hop-ups and junk since you'll be transferring over what you already have).

I'm actually an extremely serious racer, more than most on here, yet I'd do this in a heartbeat, first and foremost?

Never a waste of time. PLUS, it also helps familiarize oneself with component compatibility between the two, instead of being lazy and just getting a whole other kit.
Totally agree, im only after parts to swap over to 2.0 spec chassis layout, ive got all the other hop ups and more on my 1.0 already
Old 01-31-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
You would be a candidate to add parts. Ryan's comments were more to the guy who has a season on his truck and wants to add the new parts to update it. There is nothing like a fresh truck (mine was the second oldest truck ever!) so to have everything new and updated was awesome. If your truck is all worn out just suck up the kit price. You can sell the old one to make back some money or pull it apart for extras and parts to have in a pinch if you actually figure out a way to break this truck!

Lets let the name calling and all that other stuff go.

I also go my first stress test. A traxxas jumped on to the stright right in front of me on my second pack. Lets just say I won! Still as durable as ever not that we had any doubt of that!
Thanx Casper!!!

Originally Posted by Carranza76
Riv please put that TLR sticker back over your mouth!

I love you MAN!!!

This may sway me into getting a 4x4 since TLR didnt announce a 4x4 buggy which is what I really want but I will not buy asSLOciated!.

Pegasus Friday night?
HA HA..I know You want One!!!I have seen yer tag at the bottom of the page a few timesNo racing this weekend either gonna Surf or go Bass hunting.Sides I hate driving My truck with the stock chassis(wore out the BceAnd waiting on My new HW-4000 To get here....
Old 01-31-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Nice truck, I had a SCTE with MIP chassis and this is very close to that layout, that thing handled great. One question, why didn't TLR change rear bumper to a design similar to 22 SCT rear bumper? as a lots of SCTE owners know, first thing we like to do is cut the rear bumper to make it smaller like the 22 SCT option. Just a thought.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
i am a serious racer.. and i have a SCTE 1.0 fully done up.. with just about everything TLR has.. except the diff cases sofar..

i am buying a new kit.. for the simple fact.. its all new.. has everything i currently have.. plus all the new stuff..

i priced it out.. it would be right at 192 bux to get all the stuff for my truck.. that dont include the towers and such.. and new axels for rear and both center axels.

i will buy the new truck.. and sell the old one.. done..
Well I would as well, however I just had gotten mine all 'done up' right before Christmas, with maybe 15 packs through it since then. It's still a very fresh truck, since I replaced just about everything on the truck minus the chassis, arms, towers, and a few screws, so it'd be another $220 I'd save by not getting the full 2.0 kit - Not to mention, sparing myself having to put my '1.0' roller up for sale, etc.

Again, echoing what Ryan (hacker07) said, everyone's choice will be different in regards to going 2.0

Old 01-31-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

will the 22sct bumper not fit on the SCTE? i never looked
Old 01-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Orly? Well, touché sir, and I congratulate you on your excellent grammar.

Funny picture!!Go ahead and beat on then Sir...Who are You trying to convince? TLR already stated that there will be no conversion kit...Yet..Cheers!!Grammar, Smammer, The only books I read are R/C Manuals
Old 01-31-2013, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

wow, Lol this is supposed to be to help people!! and talk about the new truck, their are many posts that have not been anwsered and just get buried in people bashing eachother! If you have done every upgrade to your truck minus the new chassis layout, THEN it makes sense to do upgrade. I myself just finished all the upgrades then installed an MIP kit. I love it and I still look at the MIP kit as an optional kit/upgrade for the 2.0.. Pretty similar to the new layout of the TLR truck. But yet you still get the aluminum mounting hardware, bipass system, different towers, springs. It is a new/different truck with that kit installed. I personally might buy the individual parts to try the new chassis.. I WISH I could ask something and get some input instead of watching everyone fight... and wasting time reading it! lol

Anyways, thanks for the listing of 6 digit part numbers to do the upgrade, @ryan or casper. If one was to do an upgrade to their truck are their any new screws or nuts needed??? I'm also going to order the Titanium screw kit, should all the screws I need be in there?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Well I would as well, however I just had gotten mine all 'done up' right before Christmas, with maybe 15 packs through it since then. It's still a very fresh truck, since I replaced just about everything on the truck minus the chassis, arms, towers, and a few screws, so it'd be another $220 I'd save by not getting the full 2.0 kit - Not to mention, sparing myself having to put my '1.0' roller up for sale, etc.

Again, echoing what Ryan (hacker07) said, everyone's choice will be different in regards to going 2.0

i completely agree.. i am on the border line of the cost effectiveness.. i was actually going to have my hobby shop order me parts to freshen up my drive train before i saw this new truck.. but i agree with u.. if you have a race truck like i do.. or urself.. upgraded just a few things..

and.. i got local guys who have offered to buy my truck before.. so.. if i lower the price tag some.. im sure it will move quick..
Old 01-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91
wow, Lol this is supposed to be to help people!! and talk about the new truck, their are many posts that have not been anwsered and just get buried in people bashing eachother! If you have done every upgrade to your truck minus the new chassis layout, THEN it makes sense to do upgrade. I myself just finished all the upgrades then installed an MIP kit. I love it and I still look at the MIP kit as an optional kit/upgrade for the 2.0.. Pretty similar to the new layout of the TLR truck. But yet you still get the aluminum mounting hardware, bipass system, different towers, springs. It is a new/different truck with that kit installed. I personally might buy the individual parts to try the new chassis.. I WISH I could ask something and get some input instead of watching everyone fight... and wasting time reading it! lol

Anyways, thanks for the listing of 6 digit part numbers to do the upgrade, @ryan or casper. If one was to do an upgrade to their truck are their any new screws or nuts needed??? I'm also going to order the Titanium screw kit, should all the screws I need be in there?
Well, the torque rods come with the parts needed there, except you may need a couple extra 5-40 x 5/8 x 3 flat heads to mount them. The battery mounts get some 5-40 x 1/2 x 4. The top plate 4 5-40 x 3/8 button heads. and you will need 12 losa6283 for the body mounts and the winglets on the sides. Thats all I can think of now.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

i think i read a post somewhere lost in this thread.. lol.. that the current screw kits should cover just about everything.. but miss some of the new stuff....

it is march yet?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Glad I found this thread.

I have a very new SCTE that I upgraded with just about all the parts listed here, and then some (just for fun).

So I am definately NOT getting the 2.0, just makes no sense in my situation.

Anyhow, I downloaded the manual for the 2.0 from the Losi site. Very handy to have.

I find it interesting that the diffs are calling for 5-5-3 fluid which is, after some casual experimentation on my own, what I have settled with in my own truck.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Anyways, thanks for the listing of 6 digit part numbers to do the upgrade, @ryan or casper.

If one was to do an upgrade to their truck are their any new screws or nuts needed??? I'm also going to order the Titanium screw kit, should all the screws I need be in there?
I was actually the one that posted the list of 6 digit par numbers, lol but both Ryan and Casper always contribute such great stuff anyways, so I won't let that 'thanks' be ripped from their sweaty man palms.. haha

As for additional hardware, not really. For the most part, any specific hardware related to the installation of the new 6 digit items, it'd be included with the new part(s) you order. The only thing I found different is the use of 5-40 x 5/16" button head screws to attach the front bumper support to the top of the diff-casing, which is just a 1/16" shorter than the original LOSA6270 3/8" button head screw used on the original SCTE 1.0 kit. I'm assuming this is to help reduce the likelihood of screw penetration into the diff housing which used to be a fairly common occurrence with the originals.

Adding onto that, I also noticed the use of a slightly shorter [1/8"] screw used to attach from the bottom, the front diff bulkhead, to the chassis.. I'm assuming this might also stem from the aforementioned screwing into the interior of the diff bulkhead, as found quite common on the 1.0 kit. Before it was an 8-32 x 3/8" flat head screw (LOSA6264), now it seems to be an 8-32 x 1/4" flat head screw (LOSA6262).

So, in plain English you shouldn't need anything you don't already have and since you might have already screwed too deeply into your front diff housing/bulkhead, out of the box (1.0) lol. Now if you want to get fresh ones, then yes, you'll need 2pcs of 5-40 x 5/16" button head screws (or just dremel off 1/16" off the end of the 3/8" screws you already have), and 4pcs of 8-32 x 1/4" flat head screws.

Cheers!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jmkalt
Glad I found this thread.

I have a very new SCTE that I upgraded with just about all the parts listed here, and then some (just for fun).

So I am definately NOT getting the 2.0, just makes no sense in my situation.

Anyhow, I downloaded the manual for the 2.0 from the Losi site. Very handy to have.

I find it interesting that the diffs are calling for 5-5-3 fluid which is, after some casual experimentation on my own, what I have settled with in my own truck.
thats what i run on my truck.. other than i am at 5-5-2

are you going to consider the new chassis and such?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

!
hahah.. i just noticed your signature.. levitate birds..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.