Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
ESC box was eliminated for weight and simplicity. This is no longer a convereted nitro car. How many of your other electric offroad cars put the reciever in a box? The old box will not bolt to the new chassis and I think would be too wide as well to fit in the new mud guards.
I actually liked the box, and opted to keep it when I lightened my truck. Kinda nice to tuck everything in there and keep in clean and out of sight, out of mind.

Kinda like the engine covers they put on real cars. If you can only see the dipstick on oil fill cap, that's all you gotta worry about! Alternators, sparkplugs, etc don't exist at that point.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

I find it odd that reading the old thread (I tried to read the whole thing, but got lost midway thru), a recurring, and recurring and recurring theme was 'Why no TLR version?'

How many of these guys seriously thought a TLR truck would be the same price as the Losi 1.0?

I was thinking recently about the fact that not a whole lot of my MIP converted truck is still stock. So, just for grins, I ran up a spreadsheet based on just buying a MIP kit, KH motor mounts, Tekno shafts, Avid bearings, etc. along with just the Losi parts required to complete the truck. To my surprise it quickly added up to over a grand. I think the 2.0 is a value by almost any standard.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Looks good! Great job guys, the price does look real good for the value of the parts included.

Btw, Tekno owners know that they paid $399 and have a ton of plastic in their trucks..the chassis will need to upgraded, the shock towers will eventually bend, servo horn is toast in one run, and plastic hinge pin holders will need to be replaced. Then the body and wheels.......

Also, I typically know the track where the promo videos are shot, but not for the SCTE 2.0. I'm so curious.. what track was the promo video shot at?
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 AM
CGR
Tech Regular

Having just built a 1.0 with all the good TLR parts and stuff the 2.0 is a good price. Mine was $950.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
Looks good! Great job guys, the price does look real good for the value of the parts included.

Btw, Tekno owners know that they paid $399 and have a ton of plastic in their trucks..the chassis will need to upgraded, the shock towers will eventually bend, servo horn is toast in one run, and plastic hinge pin holders will need to be replaced. Then the body and wheels.......

Also, I typically know the track where the promo videos are shot, but not for the SCTE 2.0. I'm so curious.. what track was the promo video shot at?
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Hey Kuya, it looks like Revelation in Ontario, during a track rebuild.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by goehm
Which is similar to which, though? MIP is very similar to the TEN-SCTE 1.0 - no? In fact without the TEN-SCTE the MIP based SCTE cannot exist.

I think they're both great, and MIP offers different tuning options - IE: shock towers. But on that same token, lots are going back to the SCTE stock towers. The reality is that when two trucks are built on the same platform, how much different can they be? MIP took a business risk offering option parts for a proven platform that TLR/Losi has been continually improving.

MIP bypass still exists, their battery is a bit more backward, their kit has a different upgrade model (IE: you can buy the entire package at a reduced rate) and MIP-MATT is always available to answer questions and has probably the most up to date and quick turnaround of his setups.

As racers we're lucky we have so many options.
Very well put man, yes MIP is an option parts company and in no way is the Losi platform our car. We only hope to make products available that help the design of an original car. In the end the consumer like yourself will decide if its a necessary purchase or not . We ourselves love the losi platforms and will continue to always support them. .
Old 01-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91
Okay, and will the new front and rear towers work with the original 1.0?
Yes
Old 01-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

before my post gets buried in this thread, WILL THE NEW towers work with the scte "1.0"
Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Casper
Yes
oops thank you!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think Losi really missed the boat not going to 16mm shocks on the 2.0
Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Ridley
I really don't see the need for a larger heavier shock. The current 12mm shocks work really well with this truck. The 2 hole pistons we have been playing with for a while really make for a stable platform that absorbs impacts well. The stock pistons work well also.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

I still and never will understand why they dont run the center drive shaft down the center like the Tekno sct410.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
These will be in the TLR Tuning kit for the SCTE 2.0.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
I still and never will understand why they dont run the center drive shaft down the center like the Tekno sct410.
Because this is not a tekno car!

I really like the weight balance achieved with the batter more along the center line which is achieved with the offset cetner diff.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
Losi did the offset rear diff to move the nitro engine closer to the centerline of the chassis . Would be very expensive to make a new mold for the rear diff not to mention the layout would change completely . Still works for the battery pack but does increase wear in the driveline due to the angle of the front driveshaft . Though with the flipped diff the angle is less so wear should be better .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.