TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread >

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MRDYOSHI
Hacker / Casper ... is there gonna to be a conversion kit or 1.0 upgrade kit?
I don't believe there are any plans to make a conversion kit.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Last edited by MIP MATT; 01-30-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by MIP MATT
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
Matt was at the track the night we were both testing this idea LONG ago. I have always agreed MIP had a great conversion but this idea was tested out at the same time. Similar not the same.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Do the new shock towers have extra holes on the outside?

Looking good, even the nerfs look like they can take a beating because of the screws, unlike in the V1.
Yes, the new front tower has additional camber mounting holes and an additonal outer top hole, thats for europe and carpet. The rear tower has some additional camber holes and these are wonderful.

Originally Posted by .AJ.
Please TLR do a conversion kit so we can all bring our SCTE's up to 2.0 spec lol
We did think about this but not sure what to include...

Do you just include the center stuff or all of the other stuff...which is a lot.

Originally Posted by The Juice
What kind of weight difference between v1 and v2?
There is a big weight difference, over half a pound.

Originally Posted by kenny lutz
The new layout looks similar to my mip which I love so I'm sure it will be awesome out of the box. Any ideas when it will be available I might pick one up so I can compare the 2.
We are a blimp due to our size, MIP is a fighter jet and can make decisions quickly. Eustace has known what we were working on for a while now as him and I were at the tracktesting and actually talked about some of this stuff. He is a great guy and he knows I am not copying and vice versa. Our weight balance was tested for a LONG time and is different than the MIP. The MIP is too far back in our opinion for the way we have our shocks set up and all. Also, our chassis is much different than theirs.

Originally Posted by BillyT.
Wheels tires and a body? Those are consumables. Plus, anyone that buys this already has a grip of wheels and tires.

The Tekno is leaps and bounds better than this thing, for less money.

They should have taken all the old 8ight 2.0s and converted them, reboxed and sold. That would be worth 469. Instead, they blew the 8ights out for 299, and bolted a TLR kit onto a first gen truck and added 100 bucks to the price. You can almost build this truck out of a first gen truck for less than this thing costs. And if you have been running a stock chassis non TLR kit for the last year, you are 230 bucks away from this thing with the truck you already have, or 175 bucks away from an MIP kit that will still crush this thing. But to ditch a first gen truck completely, just to pay 469 for an upgraded version of what you already have... I don't see it happening much.

Not trying to be a hater, just disappointed is all. Good thing all the dudes that waited for this to come out can just buy a Tekno instead....
While I value anyones opinion and you are entitled to yours, our truck is tried and true and you get everything you want and need in one box. Even if they are consumables, you kinda still have to have them to run, lol. We give you the chassis you want to run, we give you all the aluminum parts, not just one...and you need more ont he other truck according to what is being said on that thread. I am glad to have the competition and if you are happy with yours, enjoy, but please dont come in this thread and say anything. I havent said anything ont hat thread and I have likely helped more people with their Tekno rides than most.

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Trust Me Billy, I am no Boy!!!Coming to a thread to promote a different r/c is the definition of trolling...Just pointing that out is all!!Hope You have good luck with your new truck as I cant wait for mine!!!Cheers!!
This is well said and I will leave it at that.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ima let you guys have your thread back. I wanna have a good discussion about it just cause it's fun to talk about but I don't think this is the right "forum" for it, what with no tone or inflection, too easy to misinterpret someones point. I'll wait for the pit table at the race track
Old 01-30-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Rookie

All I see in that pic is two Losi trucks.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default List of included parts - VALUE

Guys, as all of you know, I am all about value. While you may think the price of this truck is a little high, let me assure you, it isnt. Here is a list of all thats included in this truck...I will place this on the first post as well...

One piece shock standoffs
Alum shock collars
Racing springs
Fr/Rr/Cnt HD lightened outdrives
Fr/Rr Aluminum adjustable pivot supports
HA Alum pivot ball set
Fr/Rr HA Alum shock bodies
Alum Clamping hexes
Serrated wheel nuts
Bleeder Shock Caps
Fr/Rr TiNi Shock Shafts
TiNi Hinge pin set

Newly updated parts(that used to be upgrades):
Fr/Rr Torque rods (these are a different length)
Fr/Rr Cabon Towers
HA Alum steering balls
HA 7075 Alum milled lightened chassis
Updated Diff cases
7075 Motor Adapter
Old 01-30-2013, 08:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72
Now introducing the SCTE with the tuning kit pre-installed, two full sets of wheels, no more butter aluminum chassis, and some other minor tweaks; all yours for a price of $470!

Losi now has the most expensive 2WD and 4WD SCT kits available to my knowledge.
Dude, the Tekno SCT does not come with a body,wheels or tires for $400. The SCTE is actually a better deal.

Originally Posted by hacker07
Guys, as all of you know, I am all about value. While you may think the price of this truck is a little high...
Actually, I don't think the price bad. You are giving us a ton of upgrades, a body, and tires. That's a better deal than the $400 Tekno truck, IMHO. It looks like a great truck.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by blade329
Dude, the Tekno SCT does not come with a body,wheels or tires for $400. The SCTE is actually a better deal.

Actually, I don't think the price bad. You are giving us a ton of upgrades, a body, and tires. That's a better deal than the $400 Tekno truck, IMHO. It looks like a great truck.
4 pairs of wheels and the body are a $67 value!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07
Guys, as all of you know, I am all about value. While you may think the price of this truck is a little high, let me assure you, it isnt. Here is a list of all thats included in this truck...I will place this on the first post as well...

One piece shock standoffs
Alum shock collars
Racing springs
Fr/Rr/Cnt HD lightened outdrives
Fr/Rr Aluminum adjustable pivot supports
HA Alum pivot ball set
Fr/Rr HA Alum shock bodies
Alum Clamping hexes
Serrated wheel nuts
Bleeder Shock Caps
Fr/Rr TiNi Shock Shafts
TiNi Hinge pin set

Newly updated parts(that used to be upgrades):
Fr/Rr Torque rods (these are a different length)
Fr/Rr Cabon Towers
HA Alum steering balls
HA 7075 Alum milled lightened chassis
Updated Diff cases
7075 Motor Adapter
I am 100% thrilled that you guys put ALL the stuff in the box... we all run different rubber and the extra wheels are good to have.
$469 with ALL the goodies is 100% fine with me. at least we dont have to disassemble half of it to replace parts after we spend the extra money for them...
AND its a KIT thank you again
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Ryan.. if this kit was available when i bought my truck back in the day.. i would have paid the price.. having allready had to piece together everything in the list.. i think i have paid it almost twice. hahah..

what i will be looking for.. is a chassis.. battery mount kit.. esc mount..

i think thats all i need..
Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MIP MATT
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
WOW ! That side by side pic really brings it home how similar this truck is too the MIP kit ...... People with the original might as well get the MIP kit instead of trying to piece together a 2.0 as its the better value ......

Last edited by BashemSmashem; 01-31-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
Ryan.. if this kit was available when i bought my truck back in the day.. i would have paid the price.. having allready had to piece together everything in the list.. i think i have paid it almost twice. hahah..

what i will be looking for.. is a chassis.. battery mount kit.. esc mount..

i think thats all i need..
Thanks and thanks everyone...this one was a lot of work to get together and get passed the powers that be to let me do it. I think it is a fantastic truck and a great value and will win a ton of races.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Rookie

No doubt it's a hell of a deal. I just think it's funny how some people give praise to mip when it's still a losi truck. If you don't like the losi truck then don't buy it, but don't come on here and bash these guys for all there work they do.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
WOW ! That side by side pic really brings it home how similar this truck is too the MIP kit ...... People with the original might as well get the MIP kit instead of trying to piece together a 2.0 as its the better value ......
The weight balance and shock towers are very different. The chassis may have a similiar layout but I can assure you they work very different. I am goign to leave this topic alone now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.